Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New player 0/

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

New player 0/

Hello!

I am new at this amazing game, started yesterday evening and got several questions.
    How does match maker works? Why do i always play with people who have much higher lvls? For example me(lvl5, first time ingame) vs lvl 23 who plays almost a year.
    As a result I have shitty stats - 11 wins / 8 losses (150 rating).

What rating do good players have?

Is is possible to construct several decks or i can have only 1?

How can i minimize Shadow Era window on OS X Snow leopard?

Why are interface elements so low-res? Looks really bad. Also its hard to see what's written at cards without zoom. Do developers plan to enhance graphics?

I think they also should rework chat - it's not comfortable now.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The thing I like about this game is it doesn't track your losses, it just gives you a rating. Taking your focus off the score and diverting it to the building of your strategic skills. The longer you play, the better you will become. Sure I'd like to be ranked higher than 234 but since each hero has his own, weakness, rival or more challenging opponent, it's not always easy. You just have to learn to build your deck to a balanced, prepared for almost anything state. You got to learn the different cards and strategies people use and the hero flavors which dictates player strategies.
    "Corruption of the soul is a fate that befalls the weak."

{IGN} Capo 9~ Enlisted{2}Endure {E2E}

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ELECTR0VAMP View Post
    Hello!

I am new at this amazing game, started yesterday evening and got several questions.
    How does match maker works? Why do i always play with people who have much higher lvls? For example me(lvl5, first time ingame) vs lvl 23 who plays almost a year.
    As a result I have shitty stats - 11 wins / 8 losses (150 rating).

What rating do good players have?

Is is possible to construct several decks or i can have only 1?

How can i minimize Shadow Era window on OS X Snow leopard?

Why are interface elements so low-res? Looks really bad. Also its hard to see what's written at cards without zoom. Do developers plan to enhance graphics?

I think they also should rework chat - it's not comfortable now.
    Welcome!

Are you playing on the browser or with the app from the Mac App Store? The latter has much higher resolution graphics, and on launch you can choose whether to play in a window or full-screen.

A good rating is about 230+ at the moment.

You can have one deck per hero as of today. A future version will allow multiple decks per hero, but it's not done yet.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hi there, welcome to the forums.

I am a mac user as well, so I will address your mac issues. To convert your SE client into window mode, try this:

Hold Alt and click the icon in the same time

An option to switch the resolution of the window will appear, switch it to a smaller amount to play in window mode, I find it very useful, especially if using together with IRC.

Hope you enjoy yourself.
    Psalm 91:7 A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you.

Zhou - Servant of the Eternal Saviour
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn.

IGN | BP Zhou | Information on my Guild | Group | SE Players of Malaysia | Tournaments | BP Popup #37

BP Hispanic | Link a la rama hispana de BP
    SE Achievements | Full List
    Articles/Guides | FAQs for New Players and Forum Goers

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Welcome to Shadow Era! Hope you have lots of fun here
    If you want Real-Time chat then you will have to settle with IRC until a better chat is developed in-game, try using this useful split here.
    Since you play from your computer try visiting the Test Server to test out the upcoming expansion! The IRC channel is the same in both links (#shadowera).
    Feel free to ask any other questions you may have
    IGN|theLittleGnome

Rising Sun | join now!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by ELECTR0VAMP View Post
    How did you know others' level? And level never measures a player.
    And welcome to the forum and the game!
    Buried Treasure of Nanana
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix/ Greatness, Reborn
    My tournament achievements

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Welcome ELECTR0VAMP!

I'll try to answer your questions the best I can. I don't really know about things like your OS, graphics, or chat, but some of the other things I can explain.

Firstly, quick match pairs you up with other players based on your rating, not on your level. In fact, I'm not even sure how you found out the level of the opposing player, since I believe the only way you can even find out your own level is to view your status, and you can't view another players status. Are you sure you weren't seeing his rating and thinking it meant his level? I would guess this is most likely the case, as the quick match pairs you up based on players in roughly the same ratings range as you (generally, there are much more complex things about the range it will pair you with based on your own rating), and if this was your first quick match, then you would have a rating of 0. If this other player has been playing for a year (which I'm also not quite sure how you found out), then 23 would be a really bad rating (if it was indeed his rating and not his level), unless he hadn't played for a while and had been hit by rating decay. As for your record and rating, I wouldn't consider 11-8 and 150 to be that bad for only having played for one day. As Gondorian said, 230 is about an average rating for most players (although pretty far from the top, I myself am currently in the 230s), but getting to that high can take some time as you practice the game and figure out your deck and different strategies.

As for having multiple decks, you can currently have 1 for each of the 20 heroes in the game (so 20 different decks), but not multiple decks per hero (so you are not able to have 2 Nishaven decks for example), but as Gondorian said, this will soon change so multiple decks per hero can be saved.

Welcome once again to the game, and to the forums.
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."
    Account for any future SC transfers by Gondorian: BP tman507

Member of PFG3
    Master of Hand-to-hand Combat
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Official Shadow Era Wiki Moderator

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hello Electrovamp!
    Welcome to the forums and I agree it's an amazing game..

If your really new to this dint even worry about ratings, just play your best, save your gold and buy whatever cards you need for that hero.

Yes you can save decks for all heroes , when you go to your deck there is a button for load, that's where your saved hero decks can come from. Of course you need a hero cards to have more than one deck

The snow lepord stuff is not my speciality, no help here or the lo res graphics..try playing an iPhone and it's all tiny!

For chat, I agree it's a little weird but you get used to it or if you can go to the IRC site and you can have chat on right of screen while playing! I can't do this because of iPad buggs.

But welcome and let's play a game!
    A1 kip thorp
    the daddy daughter team of death
    Proud Graduate of Kiptergarten
    A1-Alliance ~ Evolution in Theory

A1 Alliance LEADER & Crash Test Dummy
    Check out our recruitment thread

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Welcome to the forum!
    IRC
    [AA]spAce

RECENT ACHIEVEMENTS
    1st Place | TJ Sponsored TS Pop Up
    2nd Place | Nataku's Pop Up #25
    2nd Place | Scholars of the Shadow Pop Up #8

GUILD
    Aletheias Anastasin

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks for replies! You are welcome)

Recently I faced a serious bug several times:
    My hero moves to the graveyard and I am unable to use his ability.
    Screen:
    Снимок экрана 2013-03-10.jpg

Does anybody know what to do in such situations?

About opponent's level. I just ask them, what is their level)

I use OSX and iOs clients, there is the same problem on both:

The same element at shadower.com:

The latter looks much better.

Also, I can run the game in a window but i can't run it fullscreen and minimize (alt-tab @ Windows or cmd-tab @ OSX)