Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

[1.7] Zaladar Infinity-Antimatter (DP)

I have been tinkering with this deck idea since DP came online on the test server, and I can't believe nobody noticed or posted on the boards about these two cards interaction:

Infinity Core + Antimatter

IC provides a constant source of healing since regular elemental build tend to pack a respectable number of allies. In fact, IC itself should be an autoinclude at almost any elemental deck.
    Antimatter is a great long-term deck accelerator. It digs into your deck for the card needed while fueling IC.
    Obviously, this deck is in its very early development phase, but I give it a try and you'll feel the potential inside. You can discard Bloodthirsty to Antimatter thanks to Xar Modulator.

x1 Zaladar

x4 Antimatter
    x3 Infinity Core

x4 Brutalis
    x4 Infernal Gargoyle
    x4 Death Mage Thaddeus
    x3 Xar Modulator

x4 Shadow Font
    x3 Bloodthirsty
    x4 Mind Control
    x2 Sacrificial Lamb

x2 Shriek of Vengeance
    x2 Ley Line Nexus

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    IC + Antimatter has been mentioned a couple of times but mostly it is decided that 5 resources to draw a card and gain 2 health is simply to high to be able to do both in a single turn and be effective. I am not sure how many people actually tried it though.
    I definitely like the concept of a recursion deck of sorts unfortunately I am not convinced there are the cards to do it yet. It there were good ways to use you graveyard antimatter and temporal disturbance would be a great way to put things there.

The above being said I have never seen such a deck play and am curious does it work well?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I've seen people playing that combo on test server with decent results. (And have done it myself) It tends to be a slow deck though, but Zaladar works ok with slow. You may want something like bad santa to beef up the draw, and you shouldn't be expecting to get back all the allies you sac. Some just stay in graveyard.
    IGN: ETC BobRoss
    "BobRoss puts the 'bRo' in Boss" - Gondorian
    Proud Member of ETC - Errors Terrors & Carers
    Europe/Africa Regional Champion 2014 (also top 8 in World Championship)
    See some videos with commentary of some of my Serena Games on Shadowera.net
    I also do a video show with TJ SamuelJ - Bob and Sam Trollin it Up!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Although not exhaustively, I keep testing the deck at TS and results are promising.
    5 resources for 1 card draw and +2 life is sub par... that's true if you consider it as a hole thing. But the truth is those are separate plays. Actually you will never make both plays at the same turn.
    Think about them separately. IC recursion is normally showing as a marginal play for the mig/late game unless you face an aggresive rush deck. You don't need to take back a creature EVERY turn. IC is there for exhaust your opponent resources at long term. A deck can handle 15-20 bad boys, but could it handle 25-30?

Leaning on Boweh's article, I modified creature base to include Darkwood Wraith and Furrion Terror and must say they are great.
    My current decklist is as follows:

x1 Zaladar

x3 Brutalis
    x3 Infernal Gargoyle
    x3 Death Mage Thaddeus
    x1 Death Knight
    x2 Darkwood Wright
    x3 Furrion Terror

x4 Transference
    x4 Mind Control
    x4 Shadow Font
    x2 Sacrificial Lamb

x3 Antimatter
    x3 Infinity Core

x2 Shriek of Vengeance
    x2 Acid Jet

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Well thanks for sharing have fun with it.