Close

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 57
  1. #21
    DP Visionary Preybird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    9,046
    Tournaments Joined
    1
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by busti View Post
    It is bustio, but i didnt play this deck recently (nor any good deck, really )
    Well someone's got precognition, I played against the exact same deck a mere matter of hours before you posted it.
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

    Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

    Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

    PFG Member | I've been interviewed!

  2. #22
    Senior Member igornvidal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Campinas, SP, Brazil
    Posts
    280
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by morbius View Post
    Looks interesting, never tried building a Vic deck without armor and with only snare traps.
    snare traps get removed from game and dont mess the graveyard loop of the heroes hability.
    IGN: LDL kuhuru GMT -3h

    Representante do Brasil no Street Fighter World Warrior Tournament

    Member of: {LDL} "LEGION DE DRAGONES LATINOS"
    "Con la fuerza de un dragon, venceremos"

  3. #23
    Senior Member Airact's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    3,315
    Tournaments Joined
    5
    Tournaments Won
    0
    The problem with Victor, I think, is that he's a bit reliant on fatties.

    At least that's what it seemed like whenever I faced Victor with my Ter Adun. Dragon's Tooth and suddenly gg.


    Dunno how a bit more early-game based Victor would do, I might test that out.

  4. #24
    DP Visionary Atomzed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Singapore, Asia
    Posts
    3,539
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Airact View Post
    The problem with Victor, I think, is that he's a bit reliant on fatties.

    At least that's what it seemed like whenever I faced Victor with my Ter Adun. Dragon's Tooth and suddenly gg.

    Dunno how a bit more early-game based Victor would do, I might test that out.
    I think it's more that Victor relies on ally a lot more than the other hunters. Gwen and Baduruu uses weapons. Banebow ability can be used as DD. Victor ability is only useful for board control, it doesn't deal any dmg to opp hero.

    Because victor relies on ally, fatties help because they stick longer and can deal more dmg. Not sure whether a swamp approach Victor with weenies will help or not....
    A1's Mustard-Seed Knight of Hope (IGN:A1 atomzed)
    Also a member of PFG1 and PFG2
    Rank #7 in Inaugural Meltdown Tourney
    Singapore Rep for Street Fighter Tournament

    "Rapid analysis, accurate judgement, and superb powers of concentration...That is all we need." - Lezard Valeth

    Proud member of A1 - Evolution in Theory
    Project Omega - Card Analysis and Strategy Guide

    My Articles
    Deck size and Probability - A case for (slightly) bigger deck
    Meltdown Tier and Payout Analysis

  5. #25
    Senior Member bobrossw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    2,406
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    I think the problem with weenies is they tend to create a few extra demands for a deck. To get the speed, you need card draw. none of the hunter draw engines synergize at all with weenie. So you're stuck with bazaar and bad santa. So now your deck is almost all weenie, and you can throw in some ally control for good measure. None of this is any better with victor than other human allies.

    Eladwen gets to go all in with weenies, and if/when they get whiped, finish up with dd.

    Warriors get good control cards and cards that synergize with weenie, and a better draw engine.

    So weenie may work ok for victor, but it will always be weaker than those two.

    The reliance on fatties is a bit of a weakness, but keep in mind that board control is not an issue, so it is perfectly fine to keep one fatty on the board and hold others in reserve. I agree that dragons tooth poses a new problem, but it's manageable. Just don't let him kill more than one fatty with the tooth and it's a wash. Also consider fatties with stealth if that is a big concern.
    IGN: ETC BobRoss
    "BobRoss puts the 'bRo' in Boss" - Gondorian
    Proud Member of ETC - Errors Terrors & Carers
    Europe/Africa Regional Champion 2014 (also top 8 in World Championship)
    See some videos with commentary of some of my Serena Games on Shadowera.net
    I also do a video show with TJ SamuelJ - Bob and Sam Trollin it Up!

  6. #26
    Senior Member Airact's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    3,315
    Tournaments Joined
    5
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by bobrossw View Post
    I think the problem with weenies is they tend to create a few extra demands for a deck. To get the speed, you need card draw. none of the hunter draw engines synergize at all with weenie. So you're stuck with bazaar and bad santa. So now your deck is almost all weenie, and you can throw in some ally control for good measure. None of this is any better with victor than other human allies.

    Eladwen gets to go all in with weenies, and if/when they get whiped, finish up with dd.

    Warriors get good control cards and cards that synergize with weenie, and a better draw engine.

    So weenie may work ok for victor, but it will always be weaker than those two.

    The reliance on fatties is a bit of a weakness, but keep in mind that board control is not an issue, so it is perfectly fine to keep one fatty on the board and hold others in reserve. I agree that dragons tooth poses a new problem, but it's manageable. Just don't let him kill more than one fatty with the tooth and it's a wash. Also consider fatties with stealth if that is a big concern.
    Victor can hold tempo pretty well so what if we put in card draw that doesn't kill tempo? That could work.

  7. #27
    DP Visionary Atomzed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Singapore, Asia
    Posts
    3,539
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by bobrossw View Post
    To get the speed, you need card draw. none of the hunter draw engines synergize at all with weenie.
    You forgot Wrath of the Forest.
    A1's Mustard-Seed Knight of Hope (IGN:A1 atomzed)
    Also a member of PFG1 and PFG2
    Rank #7 in Inaugural Meltdown Tourney
    Singapore Rep for Street Fighter Tournament

    "Rapid analysis, accurate judgement, and superb powers of concentration...That is all we need." - Lezard Valeth

    Proud member of A1 - Evolution in Theory
    Project Omega - Card Analysis and Strategy Guide

    My Articles
    Deck size and Probability - A case for (slightly) bigger deck
    Meltdown Tier and Payout Analysis

  8. #28
    Senior Member Airact's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    3,315
    Tournaments Joined
    5
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomzed View Post
    4cc for no damage or board control is a lot of wasted tempo though. Weenie decks generally focus on weenies so they can get a tempo advantage and win with it. WotF acts completely against that.

  9. #29
    DP Visionary Atomzed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Singapore, Asia
    Posts
    3,539
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Airact View Post
    4cc for no damage or board control is a lot of wasted tempo though. Weenie decks generally focus on weenies so they can get a tempo advantage and win with it. WotF acts completely against that.
    I disagree that WOTF goes against weenie deck. In weenie decks, you want to drop multiple allies in a turn. To do that, you need cards. And when your opponent deals with the weenies through board wipe (most efficient method), you gain cards.

    You don't always have to drop WOTF on T4. Like if I'm against priests, I will drop a second ally on T4, and drop WOTF on T5. Now they either have to FP WOTF or they have to TW or suffer dmg from 1 turn.

    Finally to clarify, when I say weenie deck, I don't mean 1-2cc allies but rather a focus in 3cc allies. Maybe something like 14x 3cc allies and only 4 5cc allies.
    A1's Mustard-Seed Knight of Hope (IGN:A1 atomzed)
    Also a member of PFG1 and PFG2
    Rank #7 in Inaugural Meltdown Tourney
    Singapore Rep for Street Fighter Tournament

    "Rapid analysis, accurate judgement, and superb powers of concentration...That is all we need." - Lezard Valeth

    Proud member of A1 - Evolution in Theory
    Project Omega - Card Analysis and Strategy Guide

    My Articles
    Deck size and Probability - A case for (slightly) bigger deck
    Meltdown Tier and Payout Analysis

  10. #30
    Senior Member ahmet476's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    3,849
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    When playing with weenie human and WotF, prepare to see your weenies get killed before you even put WotF on the board. Shadow can do it more effectively since they have the toughest 2cc and 3cc allies. Human has now some 5hp, 3cc allies but they still don't stand much chance.

    In that case Pride of the Mountain could be better than WotF.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •