Close

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by kcleungab View Post
    ur idea of ruah ia cool . but against boria it is hard to put a low cc on board
    not as big a deal as you think. Boria isnt any tougher than any other deck, honestly. The decks that really give this deck trouble are elementals, because mind control hurts! Any half-decent deck has ways to deal with 4 allies (total) whatever the toughness. There are three things that make this work regardless: incense, haste and invulnerability.

Haste lets you attack immediately, which leads to some really fun plays when you get to t 8 or 9 and you can drop a 7/6 invulnerable fatty and immediately attack with it. It doesnt hurt that the act of summoning the fatty causes 4 dmg or so. when it gets to later in the game, you can have streaks of 3-4 turns of invulnerable allies, which is more than enough time to clear the board and kill the hero(perhaps with your own tidal wave...which doesnt kill invulnerable guys).

The early part of the game can be tough, since you want to avoid taking too much damage, so you can win a late game race. In those early turns, if you have an ally out, it's out as either distraction or single ally clearing. They're sort of disposable, since your goal is just to survive till t 8 or 9 and hopefully get through most of the deck in that time.

Incidentally that's why I've been experimenting with also including Kristoff as he can play that distractor role well early game (dropping with one or two buffs on t3-5).
    I've also been experimenting with treasured heirloom as my card draw engine...since kristoff makes my allies more expendable. My goal then is to make kristoff scary enough that while I'm pinging their hero, they are wasting ally attacks on kristoff instead of my hero...giving me time to cast a tidal wave. Alternately, I use a buffed kristoff to keep the board clear.

Oh one other nice thing about using treasured heirloom: it draws crippling blows! since warriors don't want to see you draw stuff, even Boria might use a crippling blow (taking one damage due to incense) instead of his ability...which would be devastating, since it locks up your enchants. However, you have an enchant that nullifies it! So he thinks your buffed kris is handled and ignores it, and the next turn you have a fresh hand of resources and enchants to buff him, nullify crip and do damage. One side note; holy shield draws crippling blows as well, since they're one of the only ways to handle an invulnerable guy. In either case, you're saved by that enchant, and if not, tidal wave.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Selfish version

(edit) I had posted a deck aimed at not giving away so many cards, but it honestly doesn't work the same, so I took it out. So yeah, forget what I was saying about heirloom. It's hard to use here, and buggy at that.

I do think taking out 1 of each of the buff attachments that have 2, leaves space for 4 forgiveness, for a total of 42 cards. This makes for a streamlined deck.
    Last edited by bobrossw; 02-27-2013 at 05:01 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

deck =fail

Omg..... i looked at the deck, then tried it several times and wow, this sucks. The deck is tooooo slow. I played 8 games and never was able to get one of my four allies out until turn 7 earliest. And in the mean time i had to sacrifice well, the cards that are supposed to make this deck so great.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hey Heal, I played you twice in a row with BB the other day. Just wanted to say this I think this is a very cool deck even if it made me ragequit the second time.. I think I played it better the second time but then you knew I had the LLN's and ST's (damn I got pissed when you threw on that third DC right after I ST'd it).

Quote Originally Posted by starval View Post
    All in all, I use Jericho's ability to heal and draw by targeting heirloom with it. No wasted SE here. You're essentially spending 3 SE to heal for 3 (like zhanna) but you also draw 2 cards. Kinda handy but DC + LE really takes up space, hence only having room for TH.
    props dude. thats a great idea.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by kriel View Post
    Omg..... i looked at the deck, then tried it several times and wow, this sucks. The deck is tooooo slow. I played 8 games and never was able to get one of my four allies out until turn 7 earliest. And in the mean time i had to sacrifice well, the cards that are supposed to make this deck so great.
    Sorry to hear you had such a negative experience. Hint: You are not suppose to get an ally out earlier than turn 7 =)
    Also, I dont think its fair to call a deck fail just because you dont know how to play it (yet). Its not an Elad rush, it wont play itself for you. Sacrifice decisions here are tough, you need to really understand the strategy and also opponents to play this.
    Cheers

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets View Post
    Hey Heal, I played you twice in a row with BB the other day. Just wanted to say this I think this is a very cool deck even if it made me ragequit the second time.. I think I played it better the second time but then you knew I had the LLN's and ST's (damn I got pissed when you threw on that third DC right after I ST'd it).
    Oh Hey! Yeah I remember you! Great 2 matches! You almost got me there =)
    Thanks! It still has many bad match ups though, hopefully with the help from community we can come up with a competitive ultra attachment deck =)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Tried a Jericho variant, based on starval's idea. It works nicely and is much more versatile. You basically get rid of wizents in favor of heirloom, and then use that as the draw engine. With lingering essence, you're spending 3 shadow energy, getting 2 cards and 3 health every few turns. My version has 46 cards and looks like this:

1 x Jericho
    2 x Kristoffer Wyld
    1 x Inner Strength
    4 x Tidal Wave
    2 x Resurrection
    4 x Holy Shield
    4 x Bazaar
    4 x Bad Santa
    2 x The King's Pride
    4 x Fleetfooted Messenger
    1 x Sacred Firewalker
    4 x Forgiveness
    2 x Incense of Atonement
    4 x Divine Connection
    3 x Lingering Essence
    3 x Treasured Heirloom
    1 x A Legend Rises

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    nice ideas ... I wish I could find players on the test server in less than 30mn to try those.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by cosmo k View Post
    nice ideas ... I wish i could find players on the test server in less than 30mn to try those.
    this.
    A1 1ndeed - The Black Lotus of A1 - A1: Evolution in Theory

And who are you, the proud lord said, that I must bow so low?
    Only a cat of a different coat, that's all the truth I know.
    In a coat of gold, or a coat of red, a lion still has claws;
    And mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I cancel and press QM again after a minute or so if I don't get an opponent. Seems to be working for me.