Close

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hello brother Narziss, well ive been playin elemental decks for quite some time. The beauty with elemental is you use ur opponents deck against them, that being said and you will face some trouble against mage decks. Some good players using mages out there DO NOT cast allies and use magic to drectly kill you're hero that being said and from experience against other decks is you will want to have some units in ur deck,
    best option is 4 sparks (NEVER replace them) thing is that even if you go second by casting 1 on you're first turn and one on ur 2nd or even 3 if you're lucky you can take out an opponents blake with ur first cast spark that is ready to be used. Next 3 gargoyles are even better than brutalis for damage and resilence, and 3 behemoths.
    You want 4 transferances and 4 mind controls. 2 energy discharge for sae measres although ll probably end up sacrificing them. SOV you're call 3 sounds good though. 2 eternal renewals or an everlasting deck ofcourse. And AoA you really only need 1 and probably wont need to use it anyways. I used to play with HBM but realized i was always sacrificing them to save better cards. And last thing i worry when playin elementals is the opponents resource count even if i get sandra'd im so comfortable with this that infact im happy to go second, and im exstatic if i go second and have 2 sparks on the draw, i cry tears of joy and run down the street huggin people if i see 3

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think other than HBM been the highlight of this deck

One other important thing is speed. And you need to be insanely fast in playing your cards by using the feedback --> bad santa combo

Lets talk about locking the opponent resources and ignore the part opponent will cast anything (assume opponent hold his cards in hand).

The fastest you can play HBM is turn 3. And assuming you go first. Enemy will still have 2 resources (on his turn) after your first HBM

Assuming you cast HBM every turn thereafter, by turn 6 you will used all your HBM. But the enemy is still at 2 resource.

Thereafter you need to get eternal renewal, and draw your cards as fast as possible.
    By the time you get your HBM enemy will have probably build up to 3-6 resources.
    Which means you need to play 2 HBM per turn in order to lock his resources to 0

Against newbies, they might still sack their low cost monster for resources and hold on to their Aeon.
    But if the opponent knows that you are doing, he will probably sack all his high cost cards for resource. He will throw all the 1-2 cost creature on the board.

This deck is definitely fun though. But not for people who wants to have a stable chance of winning.
    Last edited by irvine83; 04-01-2011 at 02:00 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by irvine83 View Post
    I think other than HBM been the highlight of this deck

One other important thing is speed. And you need to be insanely fast in playing your cards by using the feedback --> bad santa combo

Lets talk about locking the opponent resources and ignore the part opponent will cast anything (assume opponent hold his cards in hand).

The fastest you can play HBM is turn 3. And assuming you go first. Enemy will still have 2 resources (on his turn) after your first HBM

Assuming you cast HBM every turn thereafter, by turn 6 you will used all your HBM. But the enemy is still at 2 resource.

Thereafter you need to get eternal renewal, and draw your cards as fast as possible.
    By the time you get your HBM enemy will have probably build up to 3-6 resources.
    Which means you need to play 2 HBM per turn in order to lock his resources to 0

Against newbies, they might still sack their low cost monster for resources and hold on to their Aeon.
    But if the opponent knows that you are doing, he will probably sack all his high cost cards for resource. He will throw all the 1-2 cost creature on the board.

This deck is definitely fun though. But not for people who wants to have a stable chance of winning.
    You make a good point but when playin with an elemental it really shouldnt take that long to end the game...the point uve played all 4 of you're HBM you should have such overwhelming board control that you're only a turn or 2 away from ending the game... especially with a small deck where you manage to cast 4 sparks, thats 2 turns to deal 30+ damage for a low cost of 4 resources...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    lol, sometimes this deck is funny, especially when really the last cards in the deck are all your discharges and hbms, just had such game. in the case of such draw Zaladar is so much better than other hero, but i want to keep my Zaladar control deck and it's not possible to save several decks for one hero so i have to play with Elementalis. this deck also needs bazaars asap, which is also luck factor. to be on the draw vs normal Zaladar deck is also almost always gg. opp will just spam you with transferences (probably with yours too), hbms and creatures. to be on the play defines everything for this matchup.
    Last edited by eev; 04-04-2011 at 08:55 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I retract my earlier post about this deck. After getting so bored with the other heroes, I re- tweaked this deck and it's been doing well. This is the closest thing we have to a true "combo" deck in SE. It kind of reminds me of the old Bargain decks in Magic. I made my deck an all in "glass cannon" type build. A very fragile combo deck, but when it goes off it shines. Thanks for turning me on to this deck Narziss.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Having played competitive TCG for many years, I find this WOWTCG clone somewhat lacking in depth and finesse.

30 card decks with the 4 of each rule reduces variance significantly(like making the perfect draft deck)...

However, I really really enjoyed playing this deck, I swapped in 2 conversions and I'm running the no creature build.

Conversions really good against the mage decks when you have complete control and just may accidentally die to DOTs.

Some things of note when playing against various heroes.

Ter Adun - I prefer not to play bazaar against him after turn 2, since for him to win he has to play bazaar, or he'll just be way out-controlled by me. Transference can do really sick stuff here by getting enrage/blood frenzy. Plan is usually beatdown after running him out of cards.

Nishavan - I actually find the pure burn version the most annoying, since it makes mind control useless. In this matchup transference is your friend, be if you get a poison/flames it should be decently easy to win.If not it becomes a long grind for you to lock them out of resources. This is 1 matchup where brutalis will shine, simply to recur conversions. Obviously if they have creatures this will be an easy win.

Weapon warriors - I've never had much trouble, this is obviously the matchup where armor of ages shine. This is even easier since you can bazaar your way to impunity and sometimes mind control gets you Aeon Caller(wooooo!!!)

Other Elementals - This is painful.. so far my experience tells me its really about who goes first and who gets lucky with transference. But the aggro versions should be much easier than the decking Elementalis. Against elementalis the plan is resource lock, while not getting resource locked yourself(it involves getting lucky and getting land-d with transference)

Thanks Narziss, I should tell you my all time favourite deck was stax~

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    hey guys! iam new here but i used to play MtG for many years etc etc etc Here be monsters is nerfed right? used to be something like destroy one resource draw one card? is there any way this deck to be made competitive again?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Listen - use dark flayer. Great for Kris.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hummm... Not only HBM was nerfed, but tranferance, mind control and eternal renewal too, also you need 40 cards now, actually this deck isn't working at all !
    "Rastas don't believe in violence... Rastas don't believe... Rastas know." -Bob Marley-

Winner of the Multi-Post Streak Challenge
    *’”⁷ᵔᵕᵔ∞*°゜゚⁰ᵒ☉●•⋆.ᵢᵢᵢ₇.。・°'¨⋋ⓚⓔⓝⓣⓤⓔⓠⓤⓘ⋌¨'°・。.₇₇₇.⋆•●☉ᵒ⁰゜゚°*∞ᵔᵕᵔ⁷‘“*
    ⊰☠ ℑcℯ ℰℒℱ ☠⊱