Close

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Those are brilliant Al. That a church? Beautiful. And dat home! What's that floating structure? Here I was proud of my improved second home base LOL. It was just a 3x5 cobblestone shack when I first built it but it was getting crampy inside, so I improved it a little. Maybe will some post screens later.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongoosey View Post
    Is it just me, but I just don't see the appeal of this game.

(await loads of posts saying how blooming brilliant it is)
    The game is at its best when you first start it as your mind is filled with possibilities and the desire to discover. I've always loved the idea of minecraft, I just don't feel they've taken it far enough. I shouldn't feel like I've explored everything in a game where the world expands infinitely. At least, not as soon as I did. Although, I have been playing it since alpha. So its not like I haven't had the time to explore most of the concepts in the game. A new minecraft player now, has far FAR much more to experience than I did when I first started playing.

Back to the main topic, I've never built anything too extravagant. Though I did have a water tunnel that was pretty cool that lead to my storage room. While I'm a creative person, I'm also very impatient. Which is why I don't do so well with trying to create works of art.
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmet476 View Post
    Those are brilliant Al. That a church? Beautiful. And dat home! What's that floating structure? Here I was proud of my improved second home base LOL. It was just a 3x5 cobblestone shack when I first built it but it was getting crampy inside, so I improved it a little. Maybe will some post screens later.
    Thanks - and actually the floating structure was for a contest: http://youtu.be/7id2Lqu55Eo

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I thought people always build certain bodyparts statues in Minecraft...
    Scrupulous Ash Collector of the Blue Phoenix.
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix

Greatness, Reborn

Shadow Era Network - Shadow Era community hub.

Quote Originally Posted by BDK16 View Post
    You're the best Unruler!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Bhleg View Post
    No one know FS better than you, our King of FS.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Unruler View Post
    I thought people always build certain bodyparts statues in Minecraft...
    I guess that woulda been fun too but could get boring after a while.

@Alzorath
    Dude I haven't even gone to the Nether yet. I have enough stuff to build the portal but just taking my time mining the mountain I talked about earlier. I suppose the beacons keeping it afloat is a story thing since Minecraft doesn't have proper physics when it comes to floating stuff but I haven't built a beacon yet so I dunno if they have superpowers

I was upgrading my door one day to iron and I realized it was a bad idea rather quickly LOL. It doesn't operate like wooden doors to my surprise. I looked it up. It seems I need an overly complicated redstone connection to build a working iron door. I just mined around, stored the iron door and replaced with wooden LOL.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmet476 View Post
    I was upgrading my door one day to iron and I realized it was a bad idea rather quickly LOL. It doesn't operate like wooden doors to my surprise. I looked it up. It seems I need an overly complicated redstone connection to build a working iron door.
    OR lever.

Greatness, Reborn

You're the best Unruler!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    But lever needs to be connected to redstone to work on both sides, inside and outside. It doesn't work by itself.

If you know an easier way, tell me pl0x.

edit: I think placing buttons on both side works even if it's timed.

If you gonna watch below (redstone lever iron door), turn the volume down and beware of using headphoes. The guy's intro is awful.

Last edited by ahmet476; 02-26-2013 at 02:25 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I'm not a big Minecraft player, but as far as I remember it's enough to place any trigger to adjacent to your door block for it to work, redstone circuitry is only necessary to do that remotely.

Usually people place lever on the outside and pressure pad on the inside to open the door with the lever and automatically close it with pressure pad.

Greatness, Reborn

You're the best Unruler!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    you only need complex redstone stuff (not even -that- complex... compared to some of the stuff at least) - if you want to do multiple doors... stick a lever to the wall next to the door, it'll open - though pressure plates are the most popular (pop one on each side of the door, that way you can open/close it from the inside and outside, without issue)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    @Unruler
    If you put a lever on both sides, it doesn't work. It works but in a very impractical way. You can open the door with one lever on inside for example but when you switch the lever outside it doesn't work. You need to switch both of them or something like that for the door to close when you go outside.

Lever outside, pressure plate inside is clever and easy so that mobs can't get into your house. They cannot use levers but can activate pressure plates. So, pressure plates on both sides is not a very good idea if you are playing survival I think. Buttons work best probably because they close by themselves when you open them after some seconds. I didn't know that until very recently.