Close

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

So, what have you built in Minecraft?

I remember reading that several people on this forum playing Minecraft. I'm curious as to what you have done so far, what you have built etc. Any epic projects? I saw someone created Azeroth on Minecraft at Minecraft forums. It's crazy. Crazy epicly big project. I haven't done much yet. Exploration I think is the most fun thing to do and growing trees and expanding islands... I'll write more if I get some replies

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I used to make huge projects that I shared on the forums.
    That was a long while ago, I can't remember the last time I posted there.. Probably late alpha or early beta..

Unfortunately I've lost all my old photos but..
    These are 2 screenshots I found of an old WIP that I never finished. >.<

Nowadays I'm just running around discovering stuff on Thaumcraft, I'm like a retired old man when it comes to this game. XD
    Quote Originally Posted by FarqTheOrc View Post
    Well if you live in the middle of England then no other part of the country is more than 3 hours away!

Contrast this with Australia... sometimes I forget to close the front gate and it takes me 2 weeks to walk back out to close it...
    My "theme song" because Gondorian said to do this.
    Pssst, hey you. Yeah you, Brony! Come join this group. I'm all alone!
    My awfully lazy Youtube channel.
    I have Autism.
    Some call it a blessing, others call it a curse.
    Me?
    I call it research!

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I built a long underwater glass tunnel. That took some work!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    That looks pretty. I'm new to the game. Still figuring some stuff out. Single player survival mode. What kind of an animal is that? Looks like a sheep with moustache LOL. Also what is Thaumcraft?

I have built 2 close homes from cobblestone, both 2 storeys, apart with sea. One small base far from home at a taiga biome while I was exploring because it was night. A tall spiral tower of dirt on first home base to prevent getting lost at first. A little primitive farm on a small island close to second main home base now). Didn't get into automated stuff yet. Still need some more milk to craft the lie A few chicken, sugar canes and wheat at the farming island. Started mining a huge mountain from the top under which is a huge dungeon I keep visiting. Dunno when I finish it. Planning to create a jungle biome there if possible with planting jungle trees. A 10x10 creeper face from cobblestone at the top of a large oak tree to view from the said mountain/island. All of those are connected with railway, with some powered rail to keep it faster than running. I also planted oak trees on the island where my second home is. It didn't have a single one. Now it's like a little forest. Also, discovered that mushroom multiply by themselves lately. I had brought my first one from a dungeon Now I have two kinds.

For sometime I didn't see any chicken at first. I read somewhere that digging a 3x3x32 hole would be good to catch naturally spawning and wandering chicken as they flap their wings when falling and don't die but a 32 deep pit would ensure any other mob to die so the chickens I caught won't be food to hostile mobs. At my first try, I dug the cobblestone under my feet like a noob and fell to my death to the bottom of a very deep dungeon. The underground was hollow. I could not have known that. I was 30 something level and had very valuable stuff in my inventory like a couple of diamond tools and a full set of iron armor. I died a couple more times trying to get my stuff back. When I finally made my way to the bottom, my stuff has already been erased. I was so disappointed LOL.

Later I dug that hole in a different place. I even built a ladder to the bottom. Those wood. So wasted. Shortly after I found two chicken in the forest and a couple of eggs of theirs.
    Last edited by ahmet476; 02-24-2013 at 02:05 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thaumcraft is a semi-famous mod for Minecraft.
    At least, it was semi-famous when I was using the forums back when it was Thaumcraft 2.
    Thaumcraft 3 was recently released though and is being worked upon.
    Trust me, it's a very advanced mod so I don't recommend getting it until you're familiar with the game and how to mod it.

Y'know, it's nice seeing the tales of Minecraft beginners, I've played since early/mid Indev/Infdev, a couple of months before Alpha was released. :3
    Reminds me of when I first came across it randomly and logged into a creative server with my brother and hearing the first song 'Sweden' play after a short while. (Of course, back then there were only 3 tracks implemented into the game.)
    Quote Originally Posted by FarqTheOrc View Post
    Well if you live in the middle of England then no other part of the country is more than 3 hours away!

Contrast this with Australia... sometimes I forget to close the front gate and it takes me 2 weeks to walk back out to close it...
    My "theme song" because Gondorian said to do this.
    Pssst, hey you. Yeah you, Brony! Come join this group. I'm all alone!
    My awfully lazy Youtube channel.
    I have Autism.
    Some call it a blessing, others call it a curse.
    Me?
    I call it research!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Is it just me, but I just don't see the appeal of this game.

(await loads of posts saying how blooming brilliant it is)
    "I'll have you know I have the reflexes of a cat, and the speed of a mongoose"

LEGEND of TEAM JUGGERNAUTS

Recent accolades: season 5, finalist (top 8). UK streetfigher, Conquerors Bane runner-up.
    Immortalised as Flavour Winner for "Smoke Screen". Conceal, Confuse, and Obscure.

Link to irc: http://shadowera.gondorian.com/gamechat/

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Bloody brilliant game.
    Elder TJ

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'm kinda sick off it... Have been having some fun with the Feed The Beast modpack though. You can do some crazy stuff in there!
    I AM THE FRICKIN' ARCH-MAGE OF THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE!!
    Have a sword in your face!

God damn these facts getting in the way of my succes!!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongoosey View Post
    Is it just me, but I just don't see the appeal of this game.

(await loads of posts saying how blooming brilliant it is)
    I thought like you before as well. I thought it was no fun and had no point but it actually is fun.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I have a few pictures of some stuff I built over on my imgur account... ( http://alzorath.imgur.com/all/ ) - I also have done minecraft videos in the past lol... need to get more time to bring them back (since mining all the stuff is time consuming... though I suppose I could do some creative mode timelapses...)

Have to say this little building was the one I was most proud of...but it's lost on a server off in never never land:

http://i.imgur.com/WP7m5.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/tkvI3.jpg

(there's more pictures of it on there...and it was fully furnished, even had a hidden room underneath the platform at the front) - that's just the outside view and the entrance view... (switched to just links, since they are rather large images)