Close

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I was messing around with Minecraft mods, built couple of my own mod packs as well. Mainly Thaumcraft 2 and 3. Lastly built my first large base in creative mode. Can't build fancy in a reasonable amount of time on survival due to huge amount of difficult-to-get materials. It took some time to finish it still. The problem with Minecraft and most of its mods are they don't add too much game-y elements to the sandbox that Minecraft is. Most mods give you some more things to build and craft but eventually you don't get quests or anything. You can build a nuclear plant or w/e but by the time you built all those things, you don't have anything to use them for. I mean you can automate your mining, farming etc but it's just about building. When you finish building stuff, you're done. A more specific example would be getting leather of off your cows in your farm to research stuff in Thaumcraft 3. You can't automate it till you nearly complete your research tree which means the end game. And you need lots of materials.

I put up an album of 14 shots of my Thaumcraft 2 base on photobucket, here, if anyone's interested.

The mod pack I built for above campaign includes: Thaumcraft 2 (latest version of 2), NEI (this is better Al, trust me ), Better Dungeons, Airship, Keep Inventory, Rei's Mini Map, Enchanting Plus, Ropes Plus (for Elemental Arrows), Inventory Tweaks, Crystal Wing, Millenaire, Crafting Table III on Minecraft 1.2.5. Old version of Minecraft because Thaumcraft 2 works on that version. Forge is the choice to load these mods. Texture pack is Painterly for Yogbox.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I built Minas Tirith once, and it was beautiful. But I accidentally deleted the file.

EDIT: All I could find. It's just the top level + throne room but still, you can see a lot of work went into it.

MinasTirithCyrusKhane.jpg
    Last edited by CyrusKhane; 04-14-2013 at 12:07 AM.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CyrusKhane View Post
    I built Minas Tirith once, and it was beautiful. But I accidentally deleted the file. I'll hunt through my external HD for some screenies later.
    For Gondor!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    For Gondor!

I'm a massive LotR nerd. I tried to do Meduseld as well as Minas Morgul, but they didn't quite work out.