Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

help tweaking gravebone deck

Hello
    I recently got back into playing and decided to go with a hero I like and make a good deck with that ratger thab tried and true decks.
    I'm a mortician so I thought gravebone would be perfect!
    I saw a discussion about gravebone's onvious synergy with voice of winter and thought that was road I want to go down. Since I'm not an expert I was hoping to post it and maybe get some feedback and tweaking advice from the forums. Thank you in advance.
    Gravebone

4x infernal gargoyle
    4x brutalis
    3x plasma behemoth
    2x dmt
    2x molten destroyer
    2x olgoth

4x fireball
    3x tomb of knowledge
    3x super nova
    3x shadow front
    2x sacrificial lamb
    2x severed ties
    2x ll nexus

4x voice of winter

The deck runs decently. Just looking to make it more stabke as sometimes it doesnt all fall into place or I find myself pinned against a wall. Thank you, definately harder to work out this gravebone deck than my previous lance and zhanna

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Sorry I posted from my phone in a rush

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The first thing thats noticeable is the lack of 3CC allies- which are very important T3, and for gravebone especially since otherwise if you need to bring in an ally to increase pressure you might have only brutalis in your graveyard or nothing at all (most likely since brutalis tends to get ignored due to the difficulty in killing him vs. his damage output). No turn 3 drop will screw you over in a lot of ways. Considering the fact you have only 3 tomes and only 2 sac lambs as your draw you run a real risk of being out of cards early game if you don't have a surving 3CC drop (or you are forced to use sac lamb on brutalis for a measly 2 cards).

Second thing is the choice of fireball over lightning strike- especially since you have brutalis, one of whose greatest strengths is dealing the final 1 point of damage to kill a typical 3CC ally post lightning strike. If you are forced to use fireball for board control, that is zero damage to the hero and one burn card gone. If you use lighting strike you can get back board control AND damage hero. You can also potentially clear 2 allies with lightning strike (POTL/Puwen and a 4 wound ally at the same time if brutalis is there to help out). Fireball is a great card, but when forced to choose, LS is the better one. DMT also can do the one ping damage if there us no brutalis.

Voiceof Winter seems to work against you almost as much as it does for you. While allies returning from the graveyard are unaffected, its still only 1 ally per turn, which your opponent can probably deal with easily enough. Still its has some nice synergy with a frozen Olgoth. If its working wel for you, I'd still reckon 3 is enough. I played a similar dark prophecies deck on the test server which had better ally options (two of the new mage allies) and beat it without any item destruction by a narrow margin. I watched some games against heroes with good item destruction though (priests, wariors, rogues) and it got taken to pieces. Although this was before a very useful buff for gravestone, I think it would be better to have more than one trick up your sleeve.

Considering granebone can bring back whatever ally you want, I think you definitely have 1 more PB than you need.

Severed ties is great when Ogloth has been hit by an attachment- wulven casts captured prey, 3 turns later you freeing up your Attack 10 Oggy is golden. Also nice against warriors, I reckon one would be enough though.
    Finally I would choose shriek of vengeance over LLN-shriek is useful almost every game (draw engines, darkclaw, amber, black garb), LLN is not. Shriek barely affects your resources the turn its played, LLN takes 5 (albeit you get another card and don't lose a resource).

I think your deck will become more viable once DP is released, since you will also be able to dispense with shadow font for resource generation, but I think HoW is a nice trick to add to a balanced deck, and a nice counter to the increasing amounts of haste (as well as existing portal play) rather than just on its own since it will be weak against all classes that have cheap item destruction, and is downright counterproductive against solo or near-solo decks. It is also weak against Eldawen rush, since by the time you can cast VOW, Eldawen no longer needs allies.

So, to keep the concept I would go for -2LLN, maybe -1ST, -1PB, -1 VoW, -4 fireballs and possibly -1 shadow font. Then +4Lightning strike (or mix FB and LS if you really want) +2 shriek of vengeance, add 1-3 more 3 CC allies and 1-3 more draw engines (sac lamb or bad santa). Since you are probably looking at longer games, you might want to consider whether 1* engulfing flames and 1* poisonous gas are worth adding.

Having said that I don't playgravebone so feel free to take the above advice with a pinch of salt :P