Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Playstation 4

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Playstation 4

So, we have pretty much known about this for a while now, but the Ps4 is being announced now, on https://us.playstation.com/meeting2013/

I'm very excited! Been waiting on a new console for a very long time now! They seem to have some problems with the stream now though :/
    I AM THE FRICKIN' ARCH-MAGE OF THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE!!
    Have a sword in your face!

God damn these facts getting in the way of my succes!!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Personally I'm not very excited at all.
    If Sony manages to drop all the social networking shit and get back to making the console fit for video games, (and I don't mean 'better graphics' as most console developers tend to lean only towards the "omg so shineh plz buy" side of the market) then perhaps they'll redeem themselves for me.

Then I have to wait for Microsoft.
    Quote Originally Posted by FarqTheOrc View Post
    Well if you live in the middle of England then no other part of the country is more than 3 hours away!

Contrast this with Australia... sometimes I forget to close the front gate and it takes me 2 weeks to walk back out to close it...
    My "theme song" because Gondorian said to do this.
    Pssst, hey you. Yeah you, Brony! Come join this group. I'm all alone!
    My awfully lazy Youtube channel.
    I have Autism.
    Some call it a blessing, others call it a curse.
    Me?
    I call it research!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Xbox is going to be superior in every way.. just like it is now. Only thing playstations got is blu ray.. and that's being implemented into the new Xbox. Playstation will die.

Can't wait.
    A1 Vitality
    A1's Assassin

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    lol this blizzard announcement was so weak diablo3 for ps3+ps4 who cares
    Member of Team Juggernaut

"You know who you are. What you are made of. War is in your blood."

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Vitality View Post
    Xbox is going to be superior in every way.. just like it is now. Only thing playstations got is blu ray.. and that's being implemented into the new Xbox. Playstation will die.

Can't wait.
    The differences between Ps3 and Xbox360 are so small. Ps3 has free online services, and Playstation plus, which is fantastic. Xbox360 has safer online. Playstation is apparently hell to code for compared to the Xbox (As we saw with Skyrim) And (in my opinion) Ps3 has the better exclusive titles. The default controller on Xbox is much better than the default Ps3 controller though.

Over all, I would say that there isn't that much of a difference.
    I AM THE FRICKIN' ARCH-MAGE OF THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE!!
    Have a sword in your face!

God damn these facts getting in the way of my succes!!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If PS4 is going to be as weak as PS3, I don't really see me buying that.

I considered getting a PS3 but at first it cost a damn lot of money and when it was cheaper, it had no backwards compatibility (or a bad one) and it was a bit worse overall so yeah, didn't get that.

Unless it gets some pretty darn awesome exclusive titles, I don't see a reason getting it. I will probably be content with upgrading my PC for less money.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Pumped for this! Any ideas when we get to pre-order the console?
    Leader of Rising Sun
    Learn, Improve, Succeed

Relevant RS Links:
    About Us|Trophy Room
    Card Gallery|How to Apply

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin JF View Post
    The differences between Ps3 and Xbox360 are so small. Ps3 has free online services, and Playstation plus, which is fantastic. Xbox360 has safer online. Playstation is apparently hell to code for compared to the Xbox (As we saw with Skyrim) And (in my opinion) Ps3 has the better exclusive titles. The default controller on Xbox is much better than the default Ps3 controller though.

Over all, I would say that there isn't that much of a difference.
    All consoles have their ups and downs and are better in their own way, if you're a true gamer you will never lean towards one side.
    These days I usually do everything on my PC (I'm still waiting for some good console exclusive titles) but that doesn't mean I'll say that consoles are awful for gaming.
    Quote Originally Posted by FarqTheOrc View Post
    Well if you live in the middle of England then no other part of the country is more than 3 hours away!

Contrast this with Australia... sometimes I forget to close the front gate and it takes me 2 weeks to walk back out to close it...
    My "theme song" because Gondorian said to do this.
    Pssst, hey you. Yeah you, Brony! Come join this group. I'm all alone!
    My awfully lazy Youtube channel.
    I have Autism.
    Some call it a blessing, others call it a curse.
    Me?
    I call it research!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpy Hooves View Post
    All consoles have their ups and downs and are better in their own way, if you're a true gamer you will never lean towards one side.
    These days I usually do everything on my PC (I'm still waiting for some good console exclusive titles) but that doesn't mean I'll say that consoles are awful for gaming.
    I'm pretty much like this. Ni No Kuni is the only reason I've even turned on my PS3 in months and my Wii and 360 continue to gather dust. I can just get a good number of console games (not gonna include hand held titles) on PC right now. But that's not always the case. I like having every system because it means I'm not restricted when I see a game I think I'd really enjoy. I'm currently a bit on edge about not having a Vita. I want P4 golden and Gravity rush. >.<

Though, out of them all, the PS3 has been used the least. I really really wish I had more games to play on it outside of the two Disgaea's and Ni No Kuni. I kick myself in the teeth for turning in Valkiria Chronicles (I never thought I'd want to play it again, was wrong though. I don't turn in games anymore after that instance. A lesson learned the hard way.), but maybe I have an excuse to go buy it again. Its got to be cheaper. xD
    Last edited by Demnchi; 02-21-2013 at 09:48 PM.
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Ni no kuni is AWESOME
    "Let us form one body, one heart, and defend to the last warrior our country, our homes, our liberty, and the graves of our fathers."

Fuzer - Defender of the Faith
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix