Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Playstation 4

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Hat Guy View Post
    Ugh, I'll stick to my PC for everything that isn't Tekken, thanks.
    Pretty much this. Not everyone will agree, but I think PC is better for everything except for sports and games where you punch people.
    Elder TJ

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayzie View Post
    Pretty much this. Not everyone will agree, but I think PC is better for everything except for sports and games where you punch people.
    Personally I find most over-the-shoulder RPG games work better on consoles than PC, Darksiders is a good example.
    Anything fast-paced, twitchy or FPS I'll generally stick to the PC.
    If the PC ports are good enough, I'll usually get said RPG games on the PC with all the extra customization. Unfortunately most ports are utter garbage so I stick to the console for them. >.<

Although, that's just my preference for controls and customization, not actual game-play.
    Quote Originally Posted by FarqTheOrc View Post
    Well if you live in the middle of England then no other part of the country is more than 3 hours away!

Contrast this with Australia... sometimes I forget to close the front gate and it takes me 2 weeks to walk back out to close it...
    My "theme song" because Gondorian said to do this.
    Pssst, hey you. Yeah you, Brony! Come join this group. I'm all alone!
    My awfully lazy Youtube channel.
    I have Autism.
    Some call it a blessing, others call it a curse.
    Me?
    I call it research!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I wouldn't mind being able to play all my games on the PC, that would be so simple to me. I do feel I would lose something as a gammer though. Its already kinda annoying not having family walk by and just watch you for a few minutes (something that I enjoyed as a kid having to share a room [I'ma twin remember] because when you pulled something awesome there was someone to enjoy that moment with). I realize moving my PC out in the open could cause that effect, I like having my own room now. (can't wait to get my own place too, but meh, that will happen when it happens)

Anyways, I find that the majority of RPG's I want to play never come to PC (I got lucky with Dark Souls, though I had to mod the port). So I will mainly have consoles for those. If a game comes out on PC that is best with a controller (like Dark Souls) I have ways of running both an Xbox 360 and a PS3 controller to play all those games with. Usually if its a 3D movement game I'll hookup my xbox controller. But if its like a side scroller or top down game, I use the d-pad. Mainly because its more comfortable using one control scheme over the other for certain games.

Not to mention, unless you're connected to Xbox live or PSN, no one will really bother you. I can't tell you how many times I had to stop, pause, and bring up the steam overlay to respond to a message while playing a game like Alan Wake (which I just completed last night! Whoo! American Nightmare is weird though, still going through that so no spoilers plz!) where being interrupted like that breaks the atmosphere which is supposed to be tense (not scary, just tense). I think consoles still have value, I might wait a bit longer than usual to pick them up (since I can't pick them up right away, no job yet ).

Thank you for listening to my poorly explained reasoning brought to you by Demnchi's lack of explanation expo!
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You can turn off chat on steam.
    "Let us form one body, one heart, and defend to the last warrior our country, our homes, our liberty, and the graves of our fathers."

Fuzer - Defender of the Faith
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yes I know. But I have reasons for keeping it up.
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel