Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

A Legend Falls short

Doesn't anyone else think A Legend Falls is quite weak?

Its restrictions seem too restrictive. Think about it...it can only target an ally with 4+ attack. So it cannot target Aeon, Gunther, Sandworm, Raven, Ogloth, Plasma Behemoth, Branxtonian, and others.

I don't see how anyone would play this card in it's current state.

Suggestions....

4cc: Target 4cc+ ally gets -1/-2, loses all attachments, and if killed, draw a card.

4cc: target 5cc+ ally gets -1/-2, loses all attachments, and disabled for 1 turn.

4cc: target 5cc+ ally gets 0/-3, loses all attachments, and if killed, draw a card.
    Last edited by Bluejet24; 02-16-2013 at 04:02 AM.
    IGN: TJ BlueJet24

Founder of Team Juggernauts

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluejet24 View Post

Its restrictions seem too restrictive. Think about it...it can only target an ally with 4+ attack. So it cannot target Aeon, Gunther, Sandworm, Raven, Ogloth, Plasma Behemoth, Branxtonian, and others.

I don't see how anyone would play this card in it's current state.

Suggestions....

4cc: Target 4cc+ ally gets -1/-2, loses all attachments, and if killed, draw a card.

4cc: target 5cc+ ally gets -1/-2, loses all attachments, and disabled for 1 turn.

4cc: target 5cc+ ally gets 0/-3, loses all attachments, and if killed, draw a card.
    Just like GA vs. EA, NS vs. CW, AotHero vs. AotHorde, ALF is mainly designed to counter ALR.

To make it more useful in general is a little tricky, maybe something like
    5cc: target opposing ally that has at least one attachment is killed.
    so that it hard-counters ALR and can be used as a general ally attachment counter.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    ・・・・yep,I think so too.

Usually, Brutal Minotaur n Shadow Knight n other 4+ attack allies isn't attached.
    So, I mean that it's NOT useful. In addition, if I just wanna reduce 3health, I'll chose Special Delivery for general purpose.

Suggestion.... 4cc: Target 4cc+ ally gets -1/-3 and loses all attachments. It'll mirror its counterpart.
    ・・・・uuum, I think still weak due to 4cc;(
    Even if this is 3cc, I won't use it.
    Last edited by jojiwakabayashi; 02-16-2013 at 04:25 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It is too weak. I agree Jet.

I liked your second choice, attachment removal and disable any 5cc ally.
    "I'll have you know I have the reflexes of a cat, and the speed of a mongoose"

LEGEND of TEAM JUGGERNAUTS

Recent accolades: season 5, finalist (top 8). UK streetfigher, Conquerors Bane runner-up.
    Immortalised as Flavour Winner for "Smoke Screen". Conceal, Confuse, and Obscure.

Link to irc: http://shadowera.gondorian.com/gamechat/

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Just to clarify, since I have never seen this card used, does it's effect only apply to an allies original attack, or attack with buffs? Because a lot of the allies mentioned as being untargetable by this could be targeted if something was raising their attack, if the card applies to buffs.

But I would agree in general, kind of weak overall.
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."
    Account for any future SC transfers by Gondorian: BP tman507

Member of PFG3
    Master of Hand-to-hand Combat
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Official Shadow Era Wiki Moderator

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    As it is now they could rename it A Legend Fail
    It's ALR counter but it just cannot be played by itself, it has so phew targets.
    Every suggestion Bluejet made would make it playable. Maybe the 4cc cost would still be proibitive, but we could consider ALF into the "include me in your deck at your own risk" category. Now Sever Ties > A Legend Falls, so it's hard to play it even into fancy decks.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yeah I've never seen anyone use this ever.
    I hit you because I love you ~ (ノ・ェ・)ノ

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I've never seen A Legend Rises in a deck either. I considered it for a priest attachment but Unique makes that a bit restrictive too.
    IGN: TJ jonmaciel
    TG: @jonmaciel

Elder, Mentoring Officer

ShadowEra.Net Editor

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by jojiwakabayashi View Post
    So, I mean that it's NOT useful. In addition, if I just wanna reduce 3health, I'll chose Special Delivery for general purpose.
    Special Delivery is Human ability, so you cannot choose it instead of A Legend Falls. This card also counters Elementalis if you knew you were to play against it. It is also a counter to a specific meta. It's main purpose is to make it easier to kill attachment buffed allies but can be used against allies without attachments as well. I wouldn't say Sever Ties is better than this.

@tman
    Since the card text doesn't have any underlying meaning I suppose any ally that has 4+ attack, either it's base 4 or not, would be affected by this card.

Why humans got A Legend Rises and Shadow got this? It's a matter of flavor I think. Humans work with boosts while combining cards. Shadow are more independent and has inherently high attack(sometimes high health too) allies.

@starval
    What do you mean by Unique? It's an ability.

Europe Regional (Winter 2012) 3rd Place Maximont's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by starval View Post
    I've never seen A Legend Rises in a deck either. I considered it for a priest attachment but Unique makes that a bit restrictive too.
    I have seen A Legend Rises a few times. The only time it was effective was vs my Amber. I cast CB on their ally. Later in game they cast A Legend Rises on same ally and suddenly it's a big threat.

A Legend Rises will have space in attachment decks and also as tech vs Warrior/Wulven. A Legend Falls is possibly an alternative to sever ties, though not convinced yet.
    Maximont - Seeker of Truth
    Knight of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn