Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Suggested Changes for Kelvins Charm

Not seen anyone use it yet, and not tempted to myself despite playing mostly with mage decks. Not only is it awkward as hell to set up, its situationally useful and is 2 cards down against any kind of destruction. I suggest the following changes:
    1) Duration of freeze effect is reduced from 2 to 1.
    2) Cost is increased from 3 to 4
    3) Freezing effect affecs heroes as well as allies (for 1 turn as noted)
    4) It is no longer an attachment, but a support ability. (this one is the most important boost).

These changes would also make the 2 wands and other weapons a bit more viable. At the minute mages have:
    Dagger of Unmaking- Fairly common but freezing effect against allies currently is worthless unless it just happens to be a steadfast one. Will benefit the least (fair enough though sice it is so handy in quite a few builds).
    Voice of Winter- occasionally used stall weapon. Builds that depen on it tend to die swiftly if the oppoent has item destruction
    Wand of Izikus- not seen it used much at all. 2-4 cost for an item, 4 for the wand, 1 SE to get a weak 2 cost ally. After that 2 resources and 1 SE for an ally. Can smack someone a few times as well.
    Wand of Disinteration- seen it a couple of times, still would rather have LLN 90% of the time. Gwen can destroy it simply by smacking your hero twice anyway. Handy against amber though if the board is relatively clear.
    Wrath of Summer- AI gravebone uses it and thats it.
    Wooden Staff- never seen it used ever. Kelvins charm changes won't change that either.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Actually, freezing a hero is probably a bit OP, I'd still suggest the other changes though...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    hero freezing is OP.
    so is the fact that its a support ability. this makes it too hard to get rid of. I think its quite balanced now, especially with shatter ice.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Kelvin's Charm is made for Wooden Staff.

VoW is good. But only Gravebone can use it with all allies. Other mages can only use Frosted Urigon with it.

All mages can use KC+WS with an ally build.
    Last edited by MacLeod; 02-15-2013 at 09:55 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think Staff might be wee bit on the weak side. Right now, it's only useful against select match ups and even then I'd rather keep my SE and use other item destruction cards than it.

Wrath of Summer is great in Jericho btw.

In theory, KC+WS sounds good but I'm not sure how good it could translate to real games. I find it clunky and hard to set up in theory. Not sure how it could be made better without making it OP. I agree making it a support ability would be too powerful.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If you wanted Kelvins charm and wooden staff you could simply cast snow saphire, take less damage, use one less card, would be much easier to set up and would be able to freeze heroes.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    kelvins charm is meant to replace freezing grip if you prefer using a weap...i.e. VoW since you could use it multiple times if VOW sticks.

i think its well balanced as it is.
    IGN: TJ jonmaciel
    TG: @jonmaciel

Elder, Mentoring Officer

ShadowEra.Net Editor

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    how about instead of damaging an ally, allies in combat with your heroes become frozen for 2 turns? just to be able to freeze sandworms also so that this card will see play. just a suggestion.
    IGN: BP Darkenheart

The Vengeful Ghost of Dark Helm's Past
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn