Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

SE Short: The Last War Ends

Arthyle rubbed the exhaustion from his eyes with the cold water from the basin in his tent; a rare treat in the middle of the Gaderi deserts. The war had taken its toll on every country, yet his soldiers persevered through the difficult campaign without complaint. As a tactician, their unwavering moral was useful but as a general it filled him with ineffable pride. Even the men dispatched through the northern mountains of Lyth to cross the ice bridge had sent regular reports of their progress without fail. He still worried they’d not make it before the bridge melted, yet they were unwavering in their resolve. The young commander was forced to smile as he thought of the impending victory their force would bring once they arrived.

A victory which all hinged on today’s battles; thus the reason for his lack of sleep. He needed to win this day to force the Gaderi back into their northern tribes and then ambush them with the force crossing over to secure their territory once and for all. This would ensure his ships safe passage to the lands of Irum, ending the conflict on the border of Layar. Once he’d led his forces across the oceans and taken Vozit and Ellos, the war would be truly over once and for all. The plan was set, all he needed were the victories themselves.
    A small sound at the pack of his tent broke his revelry.

Instantly his hand was on the hilt of the sword resting across the maps strewn about his table. He jerked his wrist to free the blade, but the shadow in front of him shifted subtly; a clear indicator he wasn’t alone and it was too late to draw the weapon. The young man slowly slipped from his hiding place, the intent of his eye undeniably lethal. Arthyle recognized the boy; a servant in the King of Vozit’s court. He’d heard humors of the King’s Hands, a select group of assassins used to keep the balance of the world (usually in favor of Vozit). He was only somewhat shocked to find one had been sent for him, but he was utterly speechless that it had made it through all of his guards and soldiers.

The assassin’s movements were impressively fast, and instantly Arthyle knew calling for help would be futile. True men accepted their fate, even if that fate was the business end of a dagger shedding flesh and blood from his body. His only regret was not sharing enough of his plan with the other generals for it to be completed. Without him, the war would still end, but most likely with the surrender of Layar to these lesser men. If only he had another chance, if only there was some way for him see the day when his people, his armies, would rule the world of Balor.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Is this the war before the Shadow of Man arrive?
    A1's Mustard-Seed Knight of Hope (IGN:A1 atomzed)
    Also a member of PFG1 and PFG2
    Rank #7 in Inaugural Meltdown Tourney
    Singapore Rep for Street Fighter Tournament

"Rapid analysis, accurate judgement, and superb powers of concentration...That is all we need." - Lezard Valeth

Proud member of A1 - Evolution in Theory
    Project Omega - Card Analysis and Strategy Guide

My Articles
    Deck size and Probability - A case for (slightly) bigger deck
    Meltdown Tier and Payout Analysis

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    These are the events which ended the Last War, which was a thousand years ago. The Man of Shadows didn't appear until the Shadow Gates began appearing.

Hope that helps!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I gotta admit - you do have a gift.

You should write Shadow Era books.

Maybe a series based on how the fight for Balor began. Like in CotC Prologue you mentioned the fight had raged on for two years.

EDIT: Change that - it was in CotC Epilogue. Anywho the Shadow had enslaved over a dozen worlds before, right?
    Last edited by Sea1111; 04-01-2013 at 03:56 PM.
    Proud member of TEAM JUGGERNAUTS!

Sea1111

^^The Shadow Crystal's Energy was taken,
    Eladwen froze the enemy's Ally,
    Majiya froze as her Fire Snake dies,
    Blake Windrunner strikes the final blow, upon the enemy,
    And Majiya was no more.^
    ^

--Random Thing that I Thought Of--

My theme song, cause Gondorian forced me to:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8KQmps-Sog

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    He’d heard "humors" of the King’s Hands, a select group of assassins used to keep the balance of the world (usually in favor of Vozit).
    Must be auto-correct.

I enjoy these more than characters in profile.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I've been really curious about the lore, but I can't seem to find profiles on the Heroes, or a detailed breakdown of the Map/Worlds/Countries. Does anybody have the link?
    Excellence Through Cohesion

ETC Member

IGN: ETCSimpleJack

"Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men"
    - President John F. Kennedy

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Great piece of lore
    leader of the exiled ones
    honor is overrated

Want to join?come to our forums:http://theexiledones.freeforums.net