Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Call of the Crystals: Prologue and Epilogue

Prologue for Call of the Crystals:
    The howl of the wolves chilled the air around Nishaven as he made his way through the forest towards the borders of Layar. At least, he assumed they were wolves. Ever since the fall of King Rothem it was getting harder and harder to tell what creatures were lurking in the trees. He tightened the hooded cloak around his body and pressed deeper into the forest, hopeful to be free of the woods all the sooner. The large beast that stepped into the path before him, however, seemed to be no particular rush to let him escape. Nor did the other three who slipped into sight from the shadows behind Nishaven.
    He'd dealt with these things on more occasions than he liked; beasts spewing forth from the Shadow Gates that had been appearing all over his lands. Wulven, they called themselves. The largest of these Wulven surrounding him sniffed the air before speaking. "Trying to run away, little human? Did you think the scent of what you stole wouldn't call to us?"

He sighed softly in frustration as his eyes narrowed onto the creature that had invaded his homeland from another world. It had the audacity to walk through a portal and claim the powers of this world as its own? Were it a man Nishaven might have been convinced to simply scold and send him on his way; but this monster before him was no man. The scolding would need to be much, much more severe. So the Mage reached beneath his cloak, pulling forth the Shadow Crystal the Wulven was hunting, falsely complying with its demands.

Instantly he felt its power hum, the energies within calling to him for release. Nishaven let them flow through him, growing, forming into a force to be reckoned with. The beasts leapt at him ferociously, no doubt praying the closer they got the less likely he could unleash some horrific magic to stop them. As the lightning roared outwards, lashing at each one and incinerating them in a streak of glorious power and light, he spared a moment to wonder if they'd even had time to realize their mistake. Shaking the thought away, he placed the crystal once more in his bag before moving again through the shadows.

Epilogue for Call of the Crystals:
    The bitterly cold wind swirled around Arthyle as he looked out over the valley, not that it chilled him anymore.

Since his return from the dead, it took far more for his body to take notice, or maybe it was the shock of returning that had lessened his senses.

It'd been so many centuries since he'd been killed; assassinated by the Vozitian that served as the King's hand at the time. The fool had thought that was the last they'd seen of Arthyle, but that was when magic was reserved for poets and legends. Of course, it was before humanity had discovered the Shadow Crystals and believed theirs to be the only reality.

The last two years had changed many things.
    Now his master, known only as the Man of Shadows, had gathered an army from across a dozen other worlds. They stood united against the human kingdoms, poised to take the world of Balor and its new found powers for their own. Of course the natives wouldn't allow it. They'd formed an alliance of their own, surrounding the Shadow's controlled lands. The only thing left was to begin the war.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    great series of writing. you have a gift.
    "I'll have you know I have the reflexes of a cat, and the speed of a mongoose"

LEGEND of TEAM JUGGERNAUTS

Recent accolades: season 5, finalist (top 8). UK streetfigher, Conquerors Bane runner-up.
    Immortalised as Flavour Winner for "Smoke Screen". Conceal, Confuse, and Obscure.

Link to irc: http://shadowera.gondorian.com/gamechat/

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hey can I ask, so is the power of the crystals that which empowers heroes like Nishaven? Is that what makes him a Mage? Without the crystals he'd be powerless correct? I suppose the crystals is a mysterious weapon created and used for a specific purpose.

Are all the heroes using shadow crystals? Like is Majiah using them too?

By the way great story telling dude.
    "Corruption of the soul is a fate that befalls the weak."

{IGN} Capo 9~ Enlisted{2}Endure {E2E}

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Capo 9 View Post
    Hey can I ask, so is the power of the crystals that which empowers heroes like Nishaven? Is that what makes him a Mage? Without the crystals he'd be powerless correct? I suppose the crystals is a mysterious weapon created and used for a specific purpose.

Are all the heroes using shadow crystals? Like is Majiah using them too?

By the way great story telling dude.
    Several questions here, and some very good ones! I can't answer all of them yet (new series of stories will certainly shed light on a few of these!) but I can answer this:
    Every Hero in Shadow Era possesses a Shadow Crystal.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Genius! Thanks
    "Corruption of the soul is a fate that befalls the weak."

{IGN} Capo 9~ Enlisted{2}Endure {E2E}

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The Call of the Crystals Prologue was printed in physical game.

When is Call of the Crystals Epilogue gonna be integrated? Or just for forums? Is it being integrated alongside Dark Prophecies Prologue?
    Proud member of TEAM JUGGERNAUTS!

Sea1111

^^The Shadow Crystal's Energy was taken,
    Eladwen froze the enemy's Ally,
    Majiya froze as her Fire Snake dies,
    Blake Windrunner strikes the final blow, upon the enemy,
    And Majiya was no more.^
    ^

--Random Thing that I Thought Of--

My theme song, cause Gondorian forced me to:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8KQmps-Sog

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    We're currently looking at ways to get more of the lore out to the general public, so stay tuned!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    My question about the encounter with Wulven is kinda answered in this one but it could still be a good idea for a lore piece imho. I had read this before but it seems I've forgotten about it. Good stories. Arthyle and Man of Shadows reminded me of Arthas and Lich King in Warcraft III.

Sorry for acting like a grammar nazi, I developed a critical eye while helping people write their articles.
    The large beast that stepped into the path before him, however, seemed to be no particular rush to let him escape.
    Is there a missing preposition here? "in" before "no particular rush" maybe.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Maby i over looked something but uh.. how is it that Arthyle was able to come back alive after centuries

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmet476 View Post
    Sorry for acting like a grammar nazi, I developed a critical eye while helping people write their articles. Is there a missing preposition here? "in" before "no particular rush" maybe.
    Was this published in the little handbook like this? That definitely is an error...
    "Give me an ally, and I will fight beside them.
    Give me a friend, and I will fight before them."

- IGN -
    The Spectre

Physical pre-order of: Call of the Crystals - Dark Prophecies