Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Clean up the Forum

Some old topics are still relevant while 99% of them are just...old.

Also alot of bad advertising for Wulven on half the threads out there. Might be a wise idea to clean up some of the old stuff. Especially stuff pertaining to the blunders of the first pre-order. I love recruiting people, sending them to the website, then having them come back to me and saying, "No way, I read the forums and this company has issues."

Company may have issues, but maybe cleaning your undies will prevent you from airing your laundry dirty (or your dirty laundry).

I think it would be cleaner just to take the threads like "Status updates" archive it in a folder only you (Wulven) can see, then leave a post with whats relevant. Just about every forum topic on the forums has stuff thats just way too old as well.

Just a recommendation.
    Aradiel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Gotta agree, most stuff is pretty old!, still love talking with other player but really a lot of stuff to get through to have an easy experience.
    A1 kip thorp
    the daddy daughter team of death
    Proud Graduate of Kiptergarten
    A1-Alliance ~ Evolution in Theory

A1 Alliance LEADER & Crash Test Dummy
    Check out our recruitment thread

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by snow_man View Post
    Some old topics are still relevant while 99% of them are just...old.

Also alot of bad advertising for Wulven on half the threads out there. Might be a wise idea to clean up some of the old stuff. Especially stuff pertaining to the blunders of the first pre-order. I love recruiting people, sending them to the website, then having them come back to me and saying, "No way, I read the forums and this company has issues."

Company may have issues, but maybe cleaning your undies will prevent you from airing your laundry dirty (or your dirty laundry).

I think it would be cleaner just to take the threads like "Status updates" archive it in a folder only you (Wulven) can see, then leave a post with whats relevant. Just about every forum topic on the forums has stuff thats just way too old as well.

Just a recommendation.
    Interesting outlook. But I think its better not to hide that stuff, that stuff did happen and its better to admit that it happened than try to hide it like a secret. The important thing is to come across that they have learned from those mistakes and are trying to become a better company for it. That should earn more points than simply hiding away all the bad stuff.

However, I do kind of get what you're saying as well. But just to get a better picture, could you provide some examples of where you see this happening specifically? I'm going to guess you're mainly referring to the physical card section.
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I don't understand the logic behind locking most of the threads that get locked. Unless there's unacceptable conflict between players, what's the harm in people continuing to discuss old topics? Especially because new solutions can be found even months after the blunder. I know it doesn't happen much anymore but it's still kind of frustrating to see a conversation stopped short when people may still want to say more.

After all, that's what a forum's for
    Account for Gondorian to put SC into: Ronin Drizl

IGN: Ronin Drizl

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Drizz'l View Post
    SECOND

Or THIRD, if Demnchi's already second.

I'm for retaining most or all of the old threads, and I wish fewer of them were locked....

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Drizz'l View Post
    I don't understand the logic behind locking most of the threads that get locked. Unless there's unacceptable conflict between players, what's the harm in people continuing to discuss old topics? Especially because new solutions can be found even months after the blunder. I know it doesn't happen much anymore but it's still kind of frustrating to see a conversation stopped short when people may still want to say more.

Not quite sure what you mean. I don't lock THAT many threads...
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel