Close

Thread: Lore Contest

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Lore Contest

Since there are alot of people who have recently put alot of effort in creating alot of Lore why dont we make a small Lore contest? I'm no expert bout this so i dont have a clue about rules and whatever but i think it would be a good idea to see what people have in mind for SE lore, starting with something small like 5-10 pages or wtv.

Seen as Lore hasnt been worked out by the Design Team maybe this could be hosted by them earning a place on the DT to actually have someone working on Lore productions, maybe even 1 and 2nd place getting that reward. Tho page numbers in that case should prob be increased, im clueless either way. Or everyone getting shadow crystals, either way just a suggestion i thought could be fun and would improve things around.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Well NaychoChez is in charge of the lore for the DT, and he has lore that hasn't been revealed yet.

I do love the idea, maybe I should just link my stuff as an entry (it'd be hard to only pick 5 or so pages )
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Preybird View Post
    Well NaychoChez is in charge of the lore for the DT, and he has lore that hasn't been revealed yet.

I do love the idea, maybe I should just link my stuff as an entry (it'd be hard to only pick 5 or so pages )
    Oh I didnt know someone was in charge of it already, sorry Naycho! It should have a place were it could stand out. Either way I dont think writing Lore for an entire game is a one man job, inspiration comes and goes and people tend to have more ideas and be more creative when they work together so the reward suggestion still stands by my part :P

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    NachyoChez is indeed in charge of the lore. He has some snippits that you can find on the Design Blog (which, along with SE radio and some State of the Era, has revealed quite a bit of lore actually). Balor sounds like quite an interesting place and I hope to hear more about it soon.
    Last edited by Demnchi; 02-12-2013 at 02:19 AM.
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    As it turns out, the issue isn't so much the creation of the lore, but an appropriate way of telling it! The new Dark Prophecies cards tell some of it, but I think the majority of the lore needs the upcoming campaign to be ready. That said, if there is interest I could totally be convinced to create a few more characters in profile!

As for a single place to see all of the revealed lore... Bear with me. Nachyo baby eats a lot of time (he's not even here yet!) so I have to choose between a new resource or getting campaign out sooner. Three project is absolutely coming though!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Aight, well if someone wants to host a contest like this up, i think its a good idea to see what the community has in mind. ( Gratz for naycho baby btw )

Tho it cant be Preybird or we end up with another gamemaster123 lol