Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

See what happened as soon as I turned chat on...

One of the funniest guys ever met. Told me I needed luck right off the bat against his Serena, then when my Ter Adun kicked her serious ass, told me I got a shitty deck but got lucky (like he somehow could reach through the screen and looked at my deck composition). Of course i confessed that's really the case and that also made him someone with a terrific deck who played like shit. Guess I have to turn on chat more often to meet more wackos like this one called Sam8899.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyraquis View Post
    One of the funniest guys ever met. Told me I needed luck right off the bat against his Serena, then when my Ter Adun kicked her serious ass, told me I got a shitty deck but got lucky (like he somehow could reach through the screen and looked at my deck composition). Of course i confessed that's really the case and that also made him someone with a terrific deck who played like shit. Guess I have to turn on chat more often to meet more wackos like this one called Sam8899.
    I don't think I've ever met a jerk on chat. Although many don't respond.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Yussef View Post
    I don't think I've ever met a jerk on chat. Although many don't respond.
    this means you are the jerk!
    SHADOW ERA, ETC
    Enjoy Trading Card-games

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I've gotten a bit mad at people throwing out a "GG" when they're obviously about to win the game. In other games I've played online (ie. SC2), "offensively" gg-ing is considered to be akin to saying "lol you lose" and is pretty bad manners.

I'm not sure if players in this game intend it the same way or not. I'm probably just reading too much into it and being a sore loser <_< >_>
    IGN: TJ RythosX

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldarez View Post
    I've gotten a bit mad at people throwing out a "GG" when they're obviously about to win the game. In other games I've played online (ie. SC2), "offensively" gg-ing is considered to be akin to saying "lol you lose" and is pretty bad manners.

I'm not sure if players in this game intend it the same way or not. I'm probably just reading too much into it and being a sore loser <_< >_>
    GGing has created lots of controversy. But I can assure you that we GG mostly out of politeness and we never intend to say "lol u lose".

We are a polite bunch, well most of us :P

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yea, I think "ggs" should only be done on the turn your going to win on. That preGG" kinda makes me question things.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldarez

Being that this is a digital game, I for one am always careful with saying GG, lest my intent be misunderstood. I will only say GG when my opponent has really played me a good close game, not when I win easily, because then there is a much bigger chance they will think I am rubbing it in. I also only say it when I am sure I am going to win, which would be on my turn when I will win right on that turn. Lately though, I don't even have a chance to say it, as people tend to quit on me on their turn when they realize they can't win.

As for chat in general, there was only one time I ran into someone who was a jerk, calling my deck sh*t because it didn't have any card draw (it did, I just didn't draw any of it). I responded to him a bit more angrily than I should have, but why he felt the need to insult me in the first place is beyond me, I don't really see why people feel the need to be jerks. Usually though, people are pretty nice in chat in the rare instances anyone does talk to me in it. I never initiate chat though, as I prefer not to, as it sometimes distracts me from playing.
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."
    Account for any future SC transfers by Gondorian: BP tman507

Member of PFG3
    Master of Hand-to-hand Combat
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Official Shadow Era Wiki Moderator

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hey all, chatting is a double edged sword. If I didnt have it on I would have missed out on a lot of cool people and in game conversations. On the other hand the guy who said " I rape your mother sister" caused me to turn it off for a while, since I play as a team a lot one member does not deserve to see that crap. Unfourtunaly I have to monitor the games, but it happens rarely.
    As for GG's after some one told me what it means, we always see it as respect. I guess it's when a d how it's thrown out there har defines the meaning. If nothing else it's a good bye even if I'm losing.
    A1 kip thorp
    the daddy daughter team of death
    Proud Graduate of Kiptergarten
    A1-Alliance ~ Evolution in Theory

A1 Alliance LEADER & Crash Test Dummy
    Check out our recruitment thread

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I only GG as I am going to kill the opponent, and I always try to do it. It is a sign of respect and appreciation for your opposing player. Except when you do it on your opponents turn and they haven't done anything yet. I always keep chat on, I meet some really cool people that way!
    The bitterest truth is always better than the sweetest lie.
    If you are reading this, congratulations, you survived the end of the world.

In Game Name: PPUOD Pretty Pretty Unicorn Of Death

Member of Shadow Era Network, Shadow Era Community Hub,Join Today!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    remember these 8 words, and nobody will ever bother you online:

"who the hell cares what that username thinks?"

a random person online is just a random person online - they have no goddamn clue who you are, they don't care who you are, and they'll forget about you in 15 minutes. who fucking cares what they say?

next time someone says "oh wow you suck just like your sister on my cock!!11one! lol!!", just remember - they're sitting on a chair right now playing a digital card game. they almost certainly live across the world. you will almost certainly never see them again in your life.

honestly; it may seem dark, but just remember - 99% of all the people on the internet could die right the hell now and you (yes, you. ALL of you.) certainly wouldn't give a whopping two shits about any single one of them (although you may be a little concerned as to why so many people just spontaneously died). so why do you care what those same people say to you?
    85-Card mini-set: Gate of the Steelbound.

So you want to take a poll? ∙ Affectionate TVTransvestite TwinRacist CowBag of Dicks

The pen is mightier than the sword, but actions speak louder than words.
    Knowledge is Power, Power Corrupts.
    Sometimes a little chaos is in order.