Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: rothem's visage

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

rothem's visage

has anyone successfuly used rothem's visage in a deck? seems the cost is too high and is too easily destructible unless you coat it which takes like 10 resources total...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I did in a Ter Adun deck (the hero who looks fierce but is a wuss in disguise) but only against AI only though (so it doesn't really count much). You can, though not really necessary, speed up the cost by casting Smith Shop (not commenting on the card's name....) and/or Thoughtful Investment (read: giving up board control and get bludgeoned to half dead by the time you can play visage). It's not that hard to get it play in any case, if people can play King's Pride now, this card should be able to get played without problem. It can turn around the game but it does hurt if/when it's destroyed (an equivalent of a supernova blowing up to your face). I would also play Punisher's Gauntlet and/or Dragon's Tooth for the opponent to destroy so hopefully by the time the Visage is played, he won't have any card reserved to destroy it.
    Last edited by Zyraquis; 02-11-2013 at 05:12 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Despite the ability for haste I found it's ability decent in a solo deck, particularly Logan. Shadow Font helps as well.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I agree even in a solo deck it's almost impossible to destroy. Most decks you can play it and your mostly safe since people pack 2 or no Lln. I've used it in decks and it works great, but if it gets destroyed your in trouble. Against priests and rogues don't play it until turn 10 so u can drop a coating on it

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I prefer gauntlets as its shadow power feels much more powerful. The gauntlets are also very hard to destroy because they can neuter you opponents threats to it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i prefer gauntlets as well. it just takes too long to set up. usually i need to kill the opponent in 2-3 turns after i put it down bec my life has dwindled from berserk,...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    10 resources if you coat it. next turn you drop bombs.. what are the best allies to use its ability with? might say shadow allies are better with this? or the human allies? my own perception i think shadow will benefit more from this card. imo.
    IGN: BP Darkenheart

The Vengeful Ghost of Dark Helm's Past
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    That'd be cheap allies with at least 3 attack power. Think of Portal Majiya.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    As other posters said shadow allies are the better when hasted, the best just like in portal Majiya its SK, or if you have a low creature count also a Furrion could be good.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You can haste in a stalwart battleguard
    A1 1ndeed - The Black Lotus of A1 - A1: Evolution in Theory

And who are you, the proud lord said, that I must bow so low?
    Only a cat of a different coat, that's all the truth I know.
    In a coat of gold, or a coat of red, a lion still has claws;
    And mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.