Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DP Banebow

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

DP Banebow

Hey everyone, here is my banebow deck for DP. It got me a win in the Crown tournament, so its no longer useful to me :P

Banebow (39+hero)

4 karash
    3 garg
    3 dmt
    3 death collector
    4 shadow knight
    3 molten destroyer

2 santa
    2 lln
    4 perfect shot
    4 snare trap

4 wotf
    3 soul seeker

Sometimes, I found it hard to look past the excitement of new cards, and realize old options are still better. Biggest example is the fatties. I tried Furion Terror and Darkwood Wraith, but still find MD better for Banebow.

Why? Because with Banebow you need to be constantly rolling out allies for board position. FT works nicely with BBs ability and you can use it, but I found many situations where FT would kill my own board (Karashes, damaged allies) and *not* playing an ally is bad for tempo with BB, so I see it as too risky. Also, it has 3HP, so very easy to kill. Its not good to just keep sweeping the board - at some point you need to lay a threat down to SECURE the board for a while, or youll run out of steam.

Darkwood Wraith had the same problem - I cannot guarantee I can play it efficiently. Meaning, maybe my opponent has no ally to bounce. In that case its a 5cc 2/5. And once in play, it only deals 2dmg so not much help in combat.

MD, on the other hand, I can always play on an empty board. Its a fat 4/5, has a useful ability, is good vs weapoms which are popular now, and can deal splash damage to mages.

SK lets me keep rolling out allies. That is the point to BB for me.

Karash is usually better than snare trap t2.

Perfect Shot for obvious reasons.

soul seeker over grundlers... Healing off my awesome bow is still very relevant. Grundlers is not that tempting to me for BB because I plan to have multiple allies, and SS gets the job done just fine.

Enjoy, leave feedback if youd like.
    A1 1ndeed - The Black Lotus of A1 - A1: Evolution in Theory

And who are you, the proud lord said, that I must bow so low?
    Only a cat of a different coat, that's all the truth I know.
    In a coat of gold, or a coat of red, a lion still has claws;
    And mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I've not played BB a bunch but this seems to make sense. Shadow hunters have a great resource in seeker that most shadow heros don't, healing, and it's good to use it. Grundlers might be better for gwyn and victor in some cases since they have honored dead and POTL to 'heal' with.

Proofs in the pudding, so if it won a competative play event, its gotta have some legs, right?
    IGN: E2E BallyWorld
    Common Hero: Victor, Serena, and Gwyn

Resident Sapper and Proud Member of E2E: Enlisted to Endure.

"For this son of mine was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found." Luke 15:24
    "This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus." Romans 3:22-24

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Why do you run Snare Trap? BB is already good at killing 3cc allies all day long so I don't really think it's needed.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingFerrari View Post
    Why do you run Snare Trap? BB is already good at killing 3cc allies all day long so I don't really think it's needed.
    Short story is that snare trap is an amazing card, thats all.

Longer explanation:
    Snare trap is awesome going second, as you will get to play the first 3cc ally. Also, I can always play one on an empty board (see the theme?) unlike an arrow I have to hold on to. 3ccs are the spine of SE currently, and for 2cc I can disrupt my opponent.

I wouldnt say BB can deal with allies all game long... The point is you run out of steam, esp against a warrior where youll be outdrawn. For 2cc I can play snare trap and save my SE for other allies, when I really need it.

You can also play it t2 going first if you have no karash. I think every hunter should use it.

Also, I didntdo this inthe Crown because I forgot, but for big tournaments you can cut 1 snare trap and replace with 1 enchanted forest/net trap, so you can trick your opponent at a critical time, and make it harder to "play around" your traps.

Edit: There was one crown match, for example, where in my spare time I was able to lay down 2 Snare Traps, because I had the resources. Later in the game, my opponent played 3 3cc allies, two of them removed by snare traps. It was obviously much easier to deal with one ally than three. Had those been Poison Arrows, I would have not been able to use my resources efficiently on earlier turns (can't just play them out like a trap), and would've had to use 4 resources to stop the 2 extra allies (instead of them being taken out by the traps I was able to lay out earlier.) So, the trap is just an easy play, a good card, and great tempo out of it.
    Last edited by 1ndeed; 02-11-2013 at 10:19 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    hi,
    first off: nice deck. i like it!
    but whats ur opinion about running PB instead of MD? Huge threat aswell, but 3cc ability which could also be a garg or death collector.
    on the other hand its better when crippling comes into play. ur thoughts?
    thx for sharing
    Member of Team Juggernaut

"You know who you are. What you are made of. War is in your blood."

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I agree that FT and Darkwood don't really work well with BB. MD is still better. Or Oggy. But I think allies caught by snare trap do not activate Oggy's ability, right?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    @ money - PB could be fine. Personally I prefer MD. I dont often have a spare 3 resources since I still want to keep rolling out allies. The point is with BB it can be hard to get the board back if you totally lose it. If you constantly flood the board with allies (+wotf), you can keep in the fight. But spending resources on PBs ability, when PB dies its like all your eggs were in one basket. Still, PB will shine vs warriors and wulven.

@ balsador - yep, snare trap will not activate oggys ability.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    jade>dc
    I hit you because I love you ~ (ノ・ェ・)ノ

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Great win 1ndeed! I didn't keep track of the crown tourney this time but glad that you brought back the win to A1!

I been playing some BB in test server so I will be sure to bring out your deck for a spin.
    A1's Mustard-Seed Knight of Hope (IGN:A1 atomzed)
    Also a member of PFG1 and PFG2
    Rank #7 in Inaugural Meltdown Tourney
    Singapore Rep for Street Fighter Tournament

"Rapid analysis, accurate judgement, and superb powers of concentration...That is all we need." - Lezard Valeth

Proud member of A1 - Evolution in Theory
    Project Omega - Card Analysis and Strategy Guide

My Articles
    Deck size and Probability - A case for (slightly) bigger deck
    Meltdown Tier and Payout Analysis

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by 1ndeed View Post
    Short story is that snare trap is an amazing card, thats all.

Longer explanation:
    Snare trap is awesome going second, as you will get to play the first 3cc ally. Also, I can always play one on an empty board (see the theme?) unlike an arrow I have to hold on to. 3ccs are the spine of SE currently, and for 2cc I can disrupt my opponent.

I wouldnt say BB can deal with allies all game long... The point is you run out of steam, esp against a warrior where youll be outdrawn. For 2cc I can play snare trap and save my SE for other allies, when I really need it.

You can also play it t2 going first if you have no karash. I think every hunter should use it.

Also, I didntdo this inthe Crown because I forgot, but for big tournaments you can cut 1 snare trap and replace with 1 enchanted forest/net trap, so you can trick your opponent at a critical time, and make it harder to "play around" your traps.

Edit: There was one crown match, for example, where in my spare time I was able to lay down 2 Snare Traps, because I had the resources. Later in the game, my opponent played 3 3cc allies, two of them removed by snare traps. It was obviously much easier to deal with one ally than three. Had those been Poison Arrows, I would have not been able to use my resources efficiently on earlier turns (can't just play them out like a trap), and would've had to use 4 resources to stop the 2 extra allies (instead of them being taken out by the traps I was able to lay out earlier.) So, the trap is just an easy play, a good card, and great tempo out of it.
    I still prefers PA while it can take back board rather than keeping the board from 3cc allies when BB already can take care of them easy, if not PA does fine with that too. Your deck looks solid tho
    Last edited by FlyingFerrari; 02-16-2013 at 08:04 AM.