Close

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Peithoson View Post
    Definitely one of the worst reviews from Tom that i have seen in terms of quality. He is biased against CCG's though.
    Maybe he just doesn't understand them?
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Preybird View Post
    Maybe he just doesn't understand them?
    No, he used to heavily play MTG and Star Wars IIRC but the price was getting steep. I do agree that the Physical release should have been more polished.
    Kicker of puppies, slasher of babies, and primordial Elder Lich.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Indeed that he is right about some things. For example tokens...Wulven said they would make some tokens of their own...

All we have is tokens we already own of the ones that people create.

I am not talking about the bonus playmats as those are not to be shipped but for crying out loud maybe those tokens in this video might be nice...

Though I won't mind too much if tokens are not made by Wulven...if I get my hands on physical cards I will probably just get some other tokens.
    Proud member of TEAM JUGGERNAUTS!

Sea1111

^^The Shadow Crystal's Energy was taken,
    Eladwen froze the enemy's Ally,
    Majiya froze as her Fire Snake dies,
    Blake Windrunner strikes the final blow, upon the enemy,
    And Majiya was no more.^
    ^

--Random Thing that I Thought Of--

My theme song, cause Gondorian forced me to:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8KQmps-Sog

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Not voting, good or not.
    Only gives this mofo more strive.
    His hurting the ccg/tcg community by giving useless negative remarks and slamming on a tcg instead of giving a more general in-depth of the games reviewed. In words simply put it, it's not just that his giving SE a bad review, at least give the pros and cons of a game before you even condemn it.
    Just scaring away interested newbies trying to pick up a title or two from this genre.
    Geckt - The Midnight Hunter
    Ign:BP Geckt
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn
    1st in Meet and Beat Meltdown Physical Tournament
    Our Guild Recruitment Thread

FAQs For New Players
    SE digital foil Trading Group

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Well, he's certainly overreacting but he has some valid points. The physical version as it's now is bad. The rule sheet is terrible and the game isn't unique in any respect. It's also very hard to handle with all those tokens and status effects. The virtual version is miles better and I wouldn't recommend to buy the physical one instead. But saying it's like MtG is irritating because you can say that to most CCGs. Yeah, it's fantasy and doesn't really have much lore behind it but that doesn't affect the gameplay in any way. I see SE as a good game to introduce people to this genre. It doesn't have as much depth as other CCGs but it's way easier to learn, at least the virtual version.

If Wulven want's to make the physical version popular they have to improve it by a lot. Really not much doubt about that.

Sealed Deck Champion
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Disliked
    Didn't even bothered to watch it :-P

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    No, he used to heavily play MTG and Star Wars IIRC but the price was getting steep.
    And that by the way is another reason I dig Shadow Era. Sure they make a buck but they don't gouge you.
    Last edited by Yussef; 02-08-2013 at 03:27 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I watched it. Didn't vote. Essentially the guy looks like he hasn't been laid in about forever. Only valid point he had was about that god awful play mat with rules on the reverse side.

My advice....don't watch it, don't give it any more credence, and be happy in the knowledge that you've definitely had more sex than him (unless you are under 16, in which case it's a close call).
    "I'll have you know I have the reflexes of a cat, and the speed of a mongoose"

LEGEND of TEAM JUGGERNAUTS

Recent accolades: season 5, finalist (top 8). UK streetfigher, Conquerors Bane runner-up.
    Immortalised as Flavour Winner for "Smoke Screen". Conceal, Confuse, and Obscure.

Link to irc: http://shadowera.gondorian.com/gamechat/

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I watched the "review" now, since everyone kept talking about it and my one view is not going to help his stats too much, right?

The message I take from it is that we need to make it easier for people new to the game, who want to play just in physical, to be able to play. He had the quickstart guide, but he really needed the actual rulebook. He also taught himself entirely from that, when really a video from someone who knows the game would have been better. (His first few minutes would have been an excellent helper guide for new players if he had known what he was talking about.)

As for the review itself, since he taught himself (badly), I don't consider the review of the game as a whole to be valid - he just suffered from having a bad teacher (himself). The message that it's not easy to learn without online experience or the proper rulebook is entirely valid, however - and we will be taking steps to address that in the near future! - but he jumped from that valid point to many conclusions that could not accurately be drawn without spending more time with the game.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongoosey View Post
    I watched it. Didn't vote. Essentially the guy looks like he hasn't been laid in about forever. Only valid point he had was about that god awful play mat with rules on the reverse side.

My advice....don't watch it, don't give it any more credence, and be happy in the knowledge that you've definitely had more sex than him (unless you are under 16, in which case it's a close call).
    Lmao
    A1 Vitality
    A1's Assassin