Hybrid View

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Narziss's Set 1 Card Ratings

[Current list is for the released game 1.23]

Also visit my card rankings page here.

Rating Scale:
    5 = Holy broken card; play four of these if you can!
    4 = Excellent card; superb in most situations.
    3 = Good card; your all around solid card. Worth playing if you don't have enough 4/5 star cards or if it combos well with other cards.
    2 = Poor card; only good under certain conditions or if you can exploit it in a particular combo.
    1 = Poor card; no reason to play it.

? = Not enough information or has not been implemented yet/partial implementation (e.g. weapon effects).

HUMAN ##

Human Heroes:
    [!] Amber Rain (Warrior)
    [3] Boris Skullcrusher (Warrior)
    [5] Eladwen Frostmine (Mage)
    [?] Gwenneth Truesight (Hunter)
    [1] Jericho Spellbane (Priest)
    [4] Nishaven (Mage)
    [?] Scorpid (Rogue)
    [?] Victor Heartstriker (Hunter)
    [2] Zhanna Mist (Priest)

Human Allies:
    [4] Aeon Stormcaller
    [5] Aldon the Brave
    [4] Blake Windrunner
    [1] Dirk Saber
    [2] Erika Shadowhunter
    [3] Jasmine Rosecut
    [3] Raven Wildheart
    [5] Sandra Trueblade
    [3] Puwen Bloodhelm

Human Abilities:
    [1] Campfire Stories
    [1] Cover of Night
    [2] Reinforced Armor
    [3] Retreat!
    [1] Special Delivery

SHADOW ##

Shadow Heroes:
    [5] Banebow (Hunter)
    [4] Darkclaw (Wulven)
    [5] Gravebone (Mage)
    [3] Elementalis (Elemental)
    [1] Logan Stonebreaker (Warrior)
    [5] Majiya (Mage)
    [3] Moonstalker (Wulven)
    [3] Ter Adun (Warrior)
    [5] Zaladar (Elemental)

Shadow Allies:
    [3] Bad Wolf
    [4] Belladonna
    [1] Brutalis
    [3] Chimera
    [2] Deathbone
    [2] Fire Snake
    [3] Infernal Gargoyle
    [3] Keldor
    [2] Medusil
    [5] Plasma Behemoth

Shadow Abilities:
    [3] Bloodlust
    [4] Here Be Monsters

NEUTRAL ##

Neutral Abilities:
    [3] Bad Santa
    [4] Bazaar
    [2] Extra Sharp
    [1] Rain Delay

CLASS SPECIFIC ##

Warrior Specific:
    [5] Blood Frenzy
    [3] Crippling Blow
    [3] Enrage
    [?] Dual Wield
    [2] Rampage
    [?] Shield Bash
    [?] Smashing Blow
    [3] Valiant Defender
    [4] War Banner
    [2] Warrior Training

Wulven Specific:
    [4] Captured Prey
    [3] Full Moon
    [3] Lone Wolf
    [4] Now You're Mine
    [2] Pack Wolf
    [5] Rabid Bite
    [3] Regeneration
    [3] Speedstrike
    [3] What Big Teeth

Mage Specific:
    [2] Arcane Burst
    [1] Clinging Webs
    [1] Engulfing Flames
    [3] Fireball
    [2] Freeze
    [4] Lightning Strike
    [1] Poison Gas
    [5] Portal
    [5] Research
    [3] Supernova

Priest Specific:
    [1] Curse
    [3] Destroy Arms
    [1] Healing Touch
    [1] Holy Shield
    [2] Ice Storm
    [3] Inner Strength
    [4] Plague
    [2] Resurrection
    [2] Smite
    [4] Tidal Wave

Hunter Specific:
    [?] Aimed Shot
    [1] Careful Planning
    [3] Death Trap
    [2] Flaming Arrow
    [2] Into the Forest
    [1] Net Trap
    [2] Poison Arrow
    [?] Rapid Fire
    [3] Surprise Attack
    [1] Tracking

Elemental Specific:
    [1] Conversion
    [4] Energy Discharge
    [2] Eternal Renewal
    [1] Feedback
    [3] Life Infusion
    [5] Mind Control
    [3] Shard of Power
    [3] Soul Reaper
    [2] Spark
    [4] Transference

Rogue Specific:
    [5] Stop Thief!

EQUIPMENT ##

Weapons:
    [3] Beetle Demon Bow (Hunter)

Armor:
    [4] Armor of Ages (Warrior/Elemental)
    [2] Gravedigger's Cloak (Hunter/Rogue)
    [4-5] The King's Pride (Warrior/Priest)
    [3] Night Prowler (Hunter/Rogue)
    [3-4] Snow Sapphire
    Last edited by Narziss; 03-17-2011 at 05:12 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'll list the card ratings of cards I disagree with, but I pretty much agree with most of them. Ill reserve my opinion for the warrior, priest, and wulven cards until we see more of those classes.

[3] Blake Windrunner: I'd see he's only good and not excellent because he dies to pretty much everything

[2] Arcane Burst: This card has never been very useful for me. It could possible be good if a rush deck starts being dominate but for now it doesn't do enough for me.

[4] Fireball: fireball has to be at least a 4 on your scale. it can all the allies we have seen so far except plasma b and it does a decent chunk of damage to the hero.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Update from 1.03 to 1.09 card list. Adjusted old ratings on modified cards like Lightning Strike, and added all the new cards.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Personally I don't agree with Poisin Gas and Engulfing Flames being [1]. They may be a bit expensive, but pop them on the enemy hero and they will justify it with their damage after a few of turns.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost Time View Post
    Personally I don't agree with Poisin Gas and Engulfing Flames being [1]. They may be a bit expensive, but pop them on the enemy hero and they will justify it with their damage after a few of turns.
    Compare poison gas to a card like fireball. Fireball does four damage right away for 3. The gas costs 4 and takes 5 turns before it does anymore damage then fireball. 5 turns is a long time in this game. The potential to do more damage is there, but the chances of it being any better than fireball are slime. Mages have better ways to deal damage then this. If it cost 1 or 2 it would have more potential, but event then I'm skeptical of its value cause there are cards like this in the wow tcg that cost 1, 2 and they don't really see a lot of play.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by NPD View Post
    Compare poison gas to a card like fireball. Fireball does four damage right away for 3. The gas costs 4 and takes 5 turns before it does anymore damage then fireball. 5 turns is a long time in this game. The potential to do more damage is there, but the chances of it being any better than fireball are slime. Mages have better ways to deal damage then this. If it cost 1 or 2 it would have more potential, but event then I'm skeptical of its value cause there are cards like this in the wow tcg that cost 1, 2 and they don't really see a lot of play.
    I will wait until I've tried them out in multiplayer before writing them off as a [1] since I imagine those games will last longer than the games against the AI. Then I think the potential to do more damage will have increases enough to justify including them in your deck. A specific example of when they literally won me the game:

I was against Gravebone and that son of a gun (no swearing here :P) kept resurrecting allies faster than I could destroy them. Thankfully I drew both Poisin Gas and Engulfing Flames and popped them on him, meaning all I needed to do was keep churning out allies and destroying his so they had to be ressed and get exhaustion and let the two DoT's do the rest of the work. Was a close one in the end, but I managed to beat him.

As for at a lower cost then I completely agree with Ice, and I feel they should really be reduced a bit, a cost of 4 is too expensive, but cheaper and they can really be useful.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Well, the reason DoT strategies aren't that valuable in WoW TCG is that there are so many other startegies that either foils them, or just has a better match-up against a wider array of decks, making a DoT deck an unattractive option. For example, there's a 3-cost ally that makes all opposing abilites lose all powers. Combined with a ring that can make allies invincible, the DoT deck is simply smashed.

In any case, I don't think you need to be skeptical about DoTs at a cost of 1 being useful. You pay one resource for an indefinite amount of damage. As I see it, this is great because, 1) Mages don't have anything to play on their first turn anyway (barring Fire Snake), and 2) by the time you can play cards like Fireball, the DoT will have already given you a better bang for your buck than Fireball gives you (the DoT will have given you 2 damage for 1 resource with more coming up, whereas Fireball will only ever give you 4 damage for 3 resources).
    Last edited by Ice; 02-09-2011 at 12:41 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice View Post
    Well, the reason DoT strategies aren't that valuable in WoW TCG is that there are so many other startegies that either foils them, or just has a better match-up against a wider array of decks, making a DoT deck an unattractive option. For example, there's a 3-cost ally that makes all opposing abilites lose all powers. Combined with a ring that can make allies invincible, the DoT deck is simply smashed.

In any case, I don't think you need to be skeptical about DoTs at a cost of 1 being useful. You pay one resource for an indefinite amount of damage. As I see it, this is great because, 1) Mages don't have anything to play on their first turn anyway (barring Fire Snake), and 2) by the time you can play cards like Fireball, the DoT will have already given you a better bang for your buck than Fireball gives you (the DoT will have given you 2 damage for 1 resource with more coming up, whereas Fireball will only ever give you 4 damage for 3 resources).
    True vuzdin really wrecks dots(except that warlock has the most dots and has an easy answer to him in hessrianah,though with the ring it would be a sort of lock) but dots were never really good before he came around either. Anyways these cards would probably be played at 1. However we can all agree that 4 is too much.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Updated to include all the cards as of 1.23.

Also added page with card rankings.
    Last edited by Narziss; 02-23-2011 at 07:39 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Gosh, I'll have to agree with some but disagree with a few: (just my opinion)

Ter Adun will be powerful once weapons comes out.

Fire Snake should be higher. The only 1 cast creature in the entire game. Every point counts and so does every turn, which brings me to the next point:

Holy Shield and Rain Delay. In my opinion these cards are too good to say "1". Remember that every turn counts. If you can stall for just one turn, it could mean a game changer. It's either going to be a spell, which holy shied will block, or an attack, which rain delay will block. It's ALMOST like "Orim's Chant" if you've ever played Magic the Gathering. Borderline broken.

Other than that, interesting list!