Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Powerful Deck Builds

EDITOR'S NOTE: If you are getting here via google results, you probably want something for recent version of the game, as opposed to test server from May 2013, so check here: http://shadowera.net/category/decks/

Alright, since i don't think it's been done yet, and in attempt to help further balance the expansion, let's start a thread that features decks you think are on the edge of being too powerful.

I'll get the ball rolling with this:

MOONSTALKER DEATH RUSH

Hero
    Moonstalker

Allies
    x4 Fire Snake
    x4 Rotling
    x2 Hellsteed
    x4 Ironhide Karash
    x4 Pack Wolf
    x2 Death Mage Thaddeus
    x4 Lightning Hunter

Abilities
    x3 Full Moon
    x3 Bad Santa

Items
    x4 What Big Teeth
    x3 Aldmor Conduit
    x3 Bazaar

Why this deck is so strong:

Ask any TCG veteran and they'll tell you, aggressive decks are often the most consistent style of decks to play. Not only are they relatively straight forward in terms of strategy, but they also don't usually rely on drawing into certain key cards. Every card in these sort of "death rush" builds will essentially have the same goal: damage your opponent. The exception, of course, are cards that help you draw into cards that damage your opponent, which is simply another means to an end.

This leads me to my next point. The glaring weakness to these sorts of decks is that when they seem to run out of steam, THEY RUN OUT OF STEAM! Running out of cards to keep pressure on your opponent most often spells the end. And i think that's what makes them work! If these sorts of decks didn't run out of cards to keep up the tempo, they'd be even more consistent, no?

Enter Moonstalker Death Rush. With the addition of Aldmor Conduit, another strong 1 and 2 drop, and my favorite ally from the set (Lightning Hunter), this deck of beasts is a beast! AC + Bazaar + BS = full hand after full hand of tiny 1 and 2 drops every turn that can be stealthed by Moonstalker's ability at just the right moment to set-up the Full Moon bomb. That, in addition to Moonstalker's constant gnawing via What Big Teeth, keeps the tempo moving indefinitely.

Don't believe me? Try it.

Now, can it be beaten? Of course, but should it be as effective as it currently is? I'm afraid with even greater playtesting, this deck has the potential to be even better.

Anyway, I really think Aldmor Conduit needs balanced. 4 cost maybe? It just seems like an auto-include in too many decks. Do we really want to see 90% of the field comprised of rush decks, and the other 10% comprised of decks that specifically AOE? Maybe i'm overreacting, but i'd hate to see Aldmor Conduit alone determining the future of Shadow Era deckbuilding.

Regardless, try it out and see what you think. And, in the meantime, post the decks you think are busted, and help make this fantastic expansion that much better!

-Gifter
    Last edited by Gondorian; 10-07-2014 at 04:44 PM.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Hey, Gifter, thanks for sharing. What results are you getting with this deck?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Lol, this deck is designed to lose a lot when going second; and even if it goes first I don't see it in a good shape against any mage, Banebow, Zaladar, Zhanna, Moonstalker, probably even Darkclaw, shadow heroes with Furrion Terror.

CotC Sealed Deck Champion busti's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Agree, this will be powerfull only going first, and you can make such kind of decks with CotC alone also
    Also do i not understand why almor conduit is good for rush?
    A1 alliance - Evolution in theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I get the point of AC to pull more allies out and flock the board but you will never have enough stealth to keep these weenies alive using AC every turn or even every other turn without running SF… Anyone else catch that? Just not seeing what makes this OP or even competitive at all. Can you explain because as a huge MoonS fan I have built much stronger decks with the new cards, IMO

Wait, AND lightning hunter loses you another SE.. how does this deck work without SF x 4??

I'd say if u want weenie rush Moonstalker go with some of the following: Call of pack x 3, ascendant of horde x 3, I realize that takes up room for allies but drop AC and rely on bazaar and blood moon for draw. Lightning Hunter takes your support abilities out which I don't see being beneficial in my wulven decks… I dunno I just don't think MS is a good rush deck or have ever thought of a stall/stealth deck to be able to rush. I'll try this with some tweaks tho and thanks for sharing your ideas.

I'm having a hard time making any of my decks stop at 40 cards!
    Last edited by Dashbdash; 02-05-2013 at 06:23 PM.
    IGN: Dashbdash2

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandevmonium View Post
    Lol, this deck is designed to lose a lot when going second; and even if it goes first I don't see it in a good shape against any mage, Banebow, Zaladar, Zhanna, Moonstalker, probably even Darkclaw, shadow heroes with Furrion Terror.
    Say what you will, but if you haven't tested it yourself, your comments are little more than conjecture, no?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Any comment without an explanation is little more than conjecture.

I'll try this out sometime.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I've made decent rush decks in 1.5 using pack wolfes, Garg, belladonna and pb. Just go straight for the throat by turn six if they drop aeon just stealth for a few turns and by then they usually die pretty quick. I also use sk and wotf for extra draw.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    Hey, Gifter, thanks for sharing. What results are you getting with this deck?
    Thus far the deck works exactly as stated.

The first few turns you keep dropping allies according to the curve:
    T1 - 1 drop
    T2 - 2 drop
    T3 - 1 drop and 2 drop

After that you adjust to your opponent's board/hero, while slowly saving for the Full Moon bomb. As long as you make sure to keep dropping resources whenever you can, you can fill the board easily late game and stealth.

And for those wondering, Tidal wave is a non-issue if you play around it. Keep 3 to 4 allies on the board at all times and force your opponent to use it early. Ice Storm seems like it would be more troublesome, but no one uses it currently, so i can't say for sure.

Once again, i am not saying this deck is unstoppable. I am merely concerned that with the advent of Aldmor Conduit, rush decks such as this one will become too consistent NOT to play.

I will continue to test to make sure i am wrong.

-Gifter

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    it was designed to lose going second?
    lil dark riding hood Queen of A1 Evolution in Theory
    Alliance One recruitment thread
    RED
    my EPIC videos
    Evolution in Theory
    SE Card Price Guide - My Deck Building Guide
    all my decks together
    owner of Earthen Protector flavor text