Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

*With new expansion Serena is a pain in the ass, lance isn't much better*

Ok Serena's ability to make you discard was annoying before. Now with some new cards I can't even keep over four cards. The card pay day with serena is a bad mix. The only way to counter her discard was to skip a few resources so you have more cards but with pay day you can't. Then fan of blades and she wacks all your guys and makes you discard. Then both thieves keep spawning the @%$#% ankle breaker with lily and keep disabling you allies and reducing their attack. Oh and they steal everything and with ill gotten gains keep getting cards while you lose allies and items. Don't you love when you get assassinated and the thief gets a card for it. There might be counters but then I have to tailor my deck just for thieves. Pay Day is overkill for a thief especially Serena. And if they were bad enough already now there is smoke screen so your allies are disabled again. They are no fun to play against. I would rather play a mill deck anyday. Anyone else think some of the new thief cards need to be looked at before the official expansion deck is released?

Sorry for the rant but I don't even want to play against thieves anymore. I would rather just quit the match and save the aggravation.
    Last edited by Captain Chaos; 02-03-2013 at 02:57 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    They are called rogues, not thieves, but I do agree with you, they are an absolute pain, especially given that they already (at least in my mind) had one of best card pools even before Dark Prophecies.
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."
    Account for any future SC transfers by Gondorian: BP tman507

Member of PFG3
    Master of Hand-to-hand Combat
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Official Shadow Era Wiki Moderator

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thank you for understanding. I agree they did have a good card pool before expansion. Ankle Breaker is the reason they could always keep control. The weapon ability even works when you attack them so you can't do anything unless you have Armored Sandworm or now ironhide depending on which you side you play. I forgot to mention the rogue ally Lyra another way you lose cards.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Most of your problems seem to be item-related. Stuff in a few Ley Line Nexus and you should be right as rain. I wouldn't call adding a few item destruction teching specifically for Rogues.
    Fire Snakes are high in Vitamin D.

Account for Gondorian to put crystalz into: Reshiram99

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Chaos View Post
    Thank you for understanding. I agree they did have a good card pool before expansion. Ankle Breaker is the reason they could always keep control. The weapon ability even works when you attack them so you can't do anything unless you have Armored Sandworm or now ironhide depending on which you side you play. I forgot to mention the rogue ally Lyra another way you lose cards.
    Armored Sandworm could be easily killed by Black Garb + weapon
    as a Rouge player, I have to admit that Serena has become a tough match-up hero with this new expansion.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Play Zaladar. Rogues will never bother you again.

I don't think they're over the top. My best advice is to play them for 20-30 games, you'll quickly see their strengths and weaknesses, and then you'll know how to beat them
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Serena has been my main hero for a long while. She's never been tier 1 and definitely has big weaknesses yet I've always played her. So suck it. I don't bitch about Mages owning everyone.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Rogues are kinda supposed to be a pain in the ass. That's how the class is designed to be (or at least I think that's how it's designed).

While annoying, both Rogues do have some pretty glaring weaknesses. Lance relies on Haste a lot and his early control is terribad. Serena relies on weapons and her early control is terribad. Both Rogues require a pretty slow set-up card (IGG) in order to shine.

Either beat them before that or have something to deal with their insane mid-game power.

Rogues are like most midrange decks in MtG. Their early-game is slow and control oriented but their mid-game is really powerful.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Against Serena use the rule of thumb: full hand or empty hand. Don't give her targets or give her too many to protect your good cards, and you will be very less annoyed

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    you can use some of the new to help you to battle against Rogue

Braxnorian Soldier it's pretty good, it could Shutdown Lance Haste
    Artfull Squire is also good to get rid of IGG for Human
    While against Serena you can use Rust Weevil or Wulven Savage to combat their Weapon

and if you still can't beat Rogue then just use Eladwen
    Last edited by Rajawali; 02-03-2013 at 02:02 PM.