Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1.7 Serena Deck

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    4 Lyra seems like a lot because it's unique. No agent Rex? Maybe just one? I'd go -2 Lyra, -2 lily,-3 puwen, -2 dagger of unmaking +1 Rex +1, +2 Champion of Irum, +2treasured heirloom / tainted oracle / honored dead, +4 fan of blades
    Last edited by Dwindle101; 02-23-2013 at 06:15 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    At this point you might as well swap out at least 1 Nightshade for Rex since their stats are the same now (rex used to have only 1 health right?) so the only disadvantage to rex is being unique and if you carry exactly 1 then he is simply better than NS with no draw back.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Rex doesn't have ambush - so he can finish off guys, but he can't ping them down by himself. His ability makes him reusable, but ideally you want him early game to take out the draw engine, so they're really different functions. I think Rex is by far better than nightshade in most situations though.

The problems I've had with Serena come from rushes. Rushes in DP are much stronger than they used to be, since there are several new and tough to deal with cheap allies. Fan of blades is a good mid-game counter to this, combined with cards like black garb. CoI is also a nice t2 drop to counter this. Night owl seems good in a lot of ways, but he is also fairly situational. For example, he is nearly useless vs an eladwin rush...passing up a black garb to take out one ally and draw a card (since he'll get burned by eladwen after coming out).

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by bobrossw View Post
    Rex doesn't have ambush - so he can finish off guys, but he can't ping them down by himself.
    Wow I didn't even notice this I got to play DP more. Thanks for correcting.