Close

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    That's what gamers do Sorter. I think we've had this conversation. "Gamers ruin games" you can not make everyone happy. KP has to make some executive decisions based on what he thinks is going to keep his customer base going to a degree, too. At the end of the day it's his livelyhood on the line, and all that jazz.

Some suggestions are great, others sound like a bunch mewling babes. It's annoying. Not point fingers at anyone specifically as I think those of you who speak with on a regular basis know exactly of whom I speak.
    A1 Manic Brewmaker - Theorycrafter - General Peanut Gallery - Maker of Perfect Nonsense - All Around Stupendous Badass
    My View on Shadow Era, it's meta, and forumites: http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....l-with-it-.-.-.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'm mostly agree with Sorter (as very often) suggestions. First of all, the hero's ability takes a little part of deck efficiency, whereas the class abilities do most of his/her power. I don't see the point of nerfing Zaladar, since Elementalis ability as good as Zaladar's. And the Elemental Supremacy comes from class abilities, not hero's ability. I see gwen or amber's ability as the Darkclaw reversal ability, the real issue is SE don't manage range, so a sword do the same of bow or mage staff. Like first strike, i think SE will have to change that for the game becoming more tactic and rich. Why nerfing Gwen (amber have the very good warrior abilities to power her up) when most of decks are elemental or mage ???

It's not because all cards can be changed that all cards need to be changed. Too much changes will just alter the whole balance, not fixing it, imho.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It is not so much a matter of overpowering classes or abilites as it is a matter of a small card pool. With more options to classes available things might be better. Remember that the rogue class isn't even released yet.
    "When I get sad I stop being sad and be AWESOME instead. True story!"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A1: Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I just wanted to discuss what I think is the worst card in the game so far: Dirk Saber.

2/3 for 4cc like Sandra, but instead of destroying a resource this guy does nothing when he lands. Next turn if he's alive and as a 3 health turn 4 drop that's rare, he gets to attack an opponent's ally and do a whopping 2 damage and not be hit back! Just to get killed next turn. Horrendous.

Compare to Jasmine. 3/4 for 1 less cc and the ability while a little expensive can be of some use.

Compare to Raven. 1 more cc, but 3/6 and a much, much better version of his ability. The opponent's ally can't attack back because now his attack is 0. It also works when she's defending (and at 6 health she has a much better chance to survive at least 1 attack) and it's permanent not just one off. Sure, heroes won't attack back, but you want them wasting their weapon's durability on useless allies like Dirk anyways, so again his ability is useless.

You should be able to see that even at 3cc no one in their right mind would run Dirk over Jasmine or Blake (reducing his life even more is just laughable).

I say keep him the same but change his ability to: target opposing ally damaged by Dirk cannot defend or attack until the end of your opponents turn. Maybe it would see some play that way. Though at 2/3 I could see a case being made for it to be 3cc. It'd certainly be worth considering over Jasmine for some decks.

I know humans probably don't need an ally buff, but with such a limited card pool I can't bear to see something quite as useless as Dirk, which IMO borders on strictly worse territory.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Scion View Post
    It is not so much a matter of overpowering classes or abilites as it is a matter of a small card pool. With more options to classes available things might be better. Remember that the rogue class isn't even released yet.
    First a big thank you @Intrigger for the moral support. second, I keep hearing how the increase of the card pool will somehow "fix" the First Strike and First Turn advantages. The truth is IT WON'T. In fact things will become harder to fix later. More cards will only give more choice of what you can play and do in a turn but GAME not CARD mechanics govern the essence of the game. However, as I see it, we will always have this mechanic and therefore, by extension, will always be imbalanced.
    Guild: Marksmen
    "We are Hunters, and you are our prey.. Fear not the allies you can see. Fear only the arrow that will pierce through your hero.."

Check out my Videos post. I will be updating it once in a while. Bump it if you watched ^^.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Then don't play.
    A1 Manic Brewmaker - Theorycrafter - General Peanut Gallery - Maker of Perfect Nonsense - All Around Stupendous Badass
    My View on Shadow Era, it's meta, and forumites: http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....l-with-it-.-.-.