Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

New mage draw engine armor and mage allies

Just wondering what other players think of (whatever the mage armor draw engine is called) as far as it's cc, se cost and damage taken per extra draw being worth the draw. I love it but i would reaallllly prefer it to be a 4cc type armor (like wizent's staff) just because it's only great when you have the control and start off with the proper cards to not lose tons of momentum to get to it and equip it. As far as the damage taken and se costs I have no problem with either due to the massive card draw that I really needed badly in all mage decks.

watch think?

Also does anyone like the 2 new mage specific allies enough to include x4 and if so why?
    IGN: Dashbdash2

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I have to say no I like mage's draw engine as it is and even so it wouldn't change to an armor/weapon and the allies IDE prefer my green and orange camo piza
    Yes I am an Espeon but i am also a Nekomata
    Co-Leader of: The Nekomata Division
    currently working on:
    Comunity set: Fairies of the Earth
    Achievements:
    NONE YET!!!!!!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Loest's Burden may prove it's worth in a stall deck, but in Mage rush it comes way too late. It's biggest drawback is it's 7cc casting cost.

As far as the allies go, they have their niche uses, though Urigon is awesome out of a Portal. Eladwen's ability on a stick.
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Loest's burden works well enough in a mid game deck where you get to 7 resources. Just make sure you have enough health and you kill the guy quickly with the extra cards. Works really well if your opponent is at 8 health and your just looking for those 1 or 2 fireballs at all costs.

Mogul, First Rapper Ever To Write And Publish A Book at 19, Film Score, Composer, Producer,Director/
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Mages already have the strongest draw engine in the game, no need for the 7cc armor - lil b
    lllbthebasedgod

Quote Originally Posted by Unruler View Post
    It's a known bug that Firesnake is OP...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvan Antoine View Post
    Loest's burden works well enough in a mid game deck where you get to 7 resources. Just make sure you have enough health and you kill the guy quickly with the extra cards. Works really well if your opponent is at 8 health and your just looking for those 1 or 2 fireballs at all costs.
    Personally I think Bad Santa would do a better job of that.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I've been testing 4x Loest's burden in a deck with 4x Thoughtful investment. It's a solo Elad deck and it seems to work pretty well as long as you can get thoughtful investment out at turn 3. If you can make it to turn 6, and Drop the Loest's, you can usually burn the opponent completely away in a few more turns. Note that you'll probably want to pack a combination of tomes, staves of disintegration, and the lightning rings as decoys for item destruction, especially against priests and thieves.
    Last edited by roustabout; 02-04-2013 at 08:12 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I honestly posted this after trying out Majiya first but since have not wanted to play with mages anymore and feel like they certainly got the short end of the stick in the expansion. I like AC with majiya but thats not even a mage card so basically i'm not sure what advantages mages have gained… maybe the Ring that makes LS hit for 4 and Nish for 5. Oh, undying dead is nice maybe for humans though the undead bonus is worthless.

I dunno, somebody change my mind that mages weren't the only class to not gain much of any advantages in this new expansion!
    IGN: Dashbdash2

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashbdash View Post
    I honestly posted this after trying out Majiya first but since have not wanted to play with mages anymore and feel like they certainly got the short end of the stick in the expansion. I like AC with majiya but thats not even a mage card so basically i'm not sure what advantages mages have gained… maybe the Ring that makes LS hit for 4 and Nish for 5. Oh, undying dead is nice maybe for humans though the undead bonus is worthless.

I dunno, somebody change my mind that mages weren't the only class to not gain much of any advantages in this new expansion!
    They gained advantages in new ways. Voltar's was a way of making Nish more powerful should they decide to go that route by exchanging some tempo and card advantage for a buff to his ability (more damage to opp allies and less to friendly) + any other source of lightning damage be it Lightning strike, Radiant Wisp, or Violet thunderstorm. That in itself should be considered a boost because there are more ways of benefiting from it than just Nish's abilities.

Undying bond isn't the greatest card at the moment but it could potentially be used for some interesting plays in the future as the game develops. Besides, getting 2 allies back isn't exactly a bad deal imo.

The bonuses to each class exist, a lot of them just aren't as concrete or noticeable when compared to others. Mages were already a class that stood tall and nothing in this expansion makes me believe they are falling behind at all. The same can be said about other classes who didn't seem to get as much, such as Rouges (or more specifically, Lance. He got things, just look closer ).

While someone will "get the short end of the stick" it makes you wonder though, how close is that short end to the other end?
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashbdash View Post

Maybe mages didn't get a huge amount of new tools because they're extremely strong now. But as Demnchi says, there are plenty of ways to make them shine, they just didn't get the buff to the current strategy of Ally, Ally, Ally, Nova, beat face with Spells.