Close

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    No.
    Atm Rogue dont' have any exclusive class form of healing (Crimson Vest is shared with Hunters). The same is true for mages. Honored dead is not a class form of healing, but a human form of healing, as PotL. And I consciously refrain from discussing the viability of those healing abilities, because everybody knows that the only classes which have access to good, viable, and consistent forms of healing atm are Wulven, Elementals (infinity core is broken as a glass on the floor), Hunters and Priests. Even though warriors have rampage and enrage, the hostility against attachment increased that much with this expansion, that they are turned now to be dead cards on the playing ground and poor deckbuilding choices. Adding Hero-Burn cards to the mage class within this scenario, would mean killing the meta while fostering a brainless archetype, which is still broken without the boost of further burn.
    This could be one of the most-balanced expansions of SE ever, i.e. one of the funniest, please keep the shower as it is. I could be fine with a power up of the wands, with a slight CC rise.
    "Chi caga sott'a neve, pure se fa 'a buca e poi ja copre, quann'a neve se scioje 'a merda vič sempre fora..."

[SIZE=2]Deck i designed, tried to explain, and shared of course:
    Portal Majiya 2.2(in Italian)
    Portal Gravebone 2.2 (In Italian)
    Proud Part of Team17

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I agree that mages have enough burn that target heroes, but with all the new high hp allies, meteor strike is kinda lousy.

Think about it. When would you ever play this card over lightning strike? Unless the opponent is weenie rushing you with IK and no gargoyles..

Some argue this has potentially more damage output than LS. Say if you use it on 3 allies.

Seriously? It's probably gg before ablaze kills anything.

The problem is that early game I would rather play lightning strike, and late game I would rather play supernova.

Meteor strike should either deal 1 additional fire damage to all opposing allies in play, or add poison status as well, or it won't see much play at all. Like jade of the forest. Or incense of atonement.
    Last edited by lentan; 04-05-2013 at 04:50 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Meteor shower is already a good control card, mages already had too much burn to the hero. If mages already have very strong cards it doesn't mean that we might give them stronger ones just to try new cards.
    I agree that this card might not be the strongest board wipe available but it still have some use, if you planned to "waste" a Fireball on the board you could just play Meteor Shower instead to kill a 4HP ally and burn other ones.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandevmonium View Post
    Meteor shower is already a good control card.
    No, it really isn't. Its like arcane burst but in fact worst since arcane burst can hit the hero as well. Can't remember the last time I saw an arcane burst played.

I can understand why people don't want to make the annoying prevalence of Eldawen rush on the server any worse than it is, but improving a control card won't affect that kind of deck anyway since Nova works far better for Eldawen rush.

Whilst not every card should be equally useful, nor should things be complete pants or require an incredibly unlikely situation to be worthwhile. Some cards from the last expansion fall into that category, but it doesn't mean that every release should be that way....

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Ok you can have those additions if we get some of these cards..

"I think there is way too few ways of dealing with magic.(Abiltiy damage,direct damge whatever)Mages and etc can do physical attacks +magic(direct damage) while others characters have minamal ways at dealing with it.

Now for some card ideas..

Man made creature - has magic protector (works the same as protector for regular attacks) (and I know it's suppose to be fantasy, so maybe something other than a robot...can't really think of anything other than just a regular character)

Zombie- when killed by magic returns to your hand with plus 1 attack (a perfect anti magic card)

High grounds or impenetrable fortress - while this card is in play magic cant hurt allies (can be taken Away via normal means like shriek of vengeance etc.. Or placed in grave yard after it blocks certain amount magic attack)

Mirror bands(armor) - bounce magic back at opponent (both heroes take Damge )

Trusted ally - (attachment) can't be used against own hero through any means

In the expansion I see of cards dealing with alot of the strategies that are normally used like anti haste anti stealth anti protector/defender etc.. Yet I don't see any cards stopping magic,direct Damage, ability Damge ,burn whatever you want to call it. All there is really is spell eater bands and legion united...not much"

My point of reposting this was not to suggest these cards again but to show that mages are already too strong..

And yes the subject of what is magic? Has already been discussed to the conclusion that it falls under ability Damge I guess or direct damage?

Finally the last card was meant more for Zaladar and maybe wulven too some degree...
    Last edited by DarthRonfar; 04-08-2013 at 12:22 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    OO mages are too strong? are you guys still playing cotc?

I have a very simple solution to solving this kind of disputes about which class is stronger..

All you need to do is go to the test server and check out the players which are the highest ranked. like say BP vyz (rank 300). Then check out what heroes they play.

Priests are still bad post-DP, but they got better. Baduruu isn't horrible like in cotc, and not as strong as when DP came out, but not many players play him anymore. So far the most common heroes played by high ranking players recently are elementalis, moonstalker and majiya.

In my opinion? Mages are definitely not TOO strong. They are still good, but wulven really did an excellent job of balancing the classes. Priests did get nerfed quite a bit relatively, but there aren't any OP heroes anymore, just unbalanced match ups. And that exists in most games. (even starcraft has balance issues, and they only have 3 classes.)
    Last edited by lentan; 04-08-2013 at 11:15 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandevmonium View Post
    Meteor shower is already a good control card, mages already had too much burn to the hero. If mages already have very strong cards it doesn't mean that we might give them stronger ones just to try new cards.
    I agree that this card might not be the strongest board wipe available but it still have some use, if you planned to "waste" a Fireball on the board you could just play Meteor Shower instead to kill a 4HP ally and burn other ones.
    not the strongest board wipe is an understatement..

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lentan View Post
    I agree that mages have enough burn that target heroes, but with all the new high hp allies, meteor strike is kinda lousy.

Think about it. When would you ever play this card over lightning strike? Unless the opponent is weenie rushing you with IK and no gargoyles..

Some argue this has potentially more damage output than LS. Say if you use it on 3 allies.

Seriously? It's probably gg before ablaze kills anything.

The problem is that early game I would rather play lightning strike, and late game I would rather play supernova.

Meteor strike should either deal 1 additional fire damage to all opposing allies in play, or add poison status as well, or it won't see much play at all. Like jade of the forest. Or incense of atonement.
    A meteor Shower used with Nishaven's ability in the same turn is basically Wrath of God (Tidal Wave, to save the flavour...) killing potentially everything apart from Gunther, who in such an occurence, is a dead ally walking with 1 health and ablazed. With the add-on of the Voltar's ring, also Gunther is killed at the beginning of oppo's turn. Is pretty much the situation in which Nova is a worse choice, because everybody here knows that for Mages saving 5 damages to your hero is vital when you are playing on control rather than rushing with the philosophy of fire.

Eclipse have readily (and rightly) shown that with Majiya and meteor shower a good player is able to perform broken tricks, and I really want to point to your attention that now in DP also Shadow Heroes have the reasonable chance to early swarming and rushing. Ironhide Karash at the second and Accolyte on the third is going to become the standard opening, when going first, of any Shadow rush oppo, Banebow included with the possible variant of Death Collector. Brutalis at the second and gargoyle at the third, is no longer the benchmark. And even so, Majiya's ability and the Meteor Shower are going to kill Gargoyle as well, with side burning to extra allies.

There is no need to postulate the problem of choosing LS over MeteorS, first of all becuse there will be people opting for both in the proper mixture and a less amount of Novas than beforehand, and secondly because apart from rushing decks, the control tricks possible to be performed with MeteorS with the current wording are suggesting a more viable use than Nova. Mages, contrary to what the venerable Drakkon stated, still lack a reliable way of gaining life and controlling the board with Nova is extremely painful if the match is going to take long, as usual in control metas. And given this, adding the chance of Hero burn is the worst way of coping with the issue, because is going to become one of the very broken burn ever. I see quite a good future for the card the way it is by now, both in Normal and in Meltdown format. It just will require the proper deckbuilding knack and a great timing from the players, i.e. is not going to be an easy and playable card for everybody. If You think you are not as skilled to use that card properly, it doesn't at all mean that you have to correct it and doing so unbalancing and spoiling the expansion for everybody else, because you are a poor player (you here is impersonal, I am not referring to you, Lentan, nor to anybody else in particular...); just put 4x of LS instead, and face the consequence of straightforward easy playing with less flexibility.
    There will always be few cards in any expansion, which are ignored by the vast majority of the player because they can't see the flexibility they give until somebody use them for winning the world championship (here the reference is explicit to Eclipse and the revolutionary re-discovery of the Renaissance of the Healing Touch, which nobody used as extensively as he did, even though he was nor the only one neither the first one in spotting the card as a broken one...).
    Last edited by SMEERO; 04-13-2013 at 08:08 PM.
    "Chi caga sott'a neve, pure se fa 'a buca e poi ja copre, quann'a neve se scioje 'a merda vič sempre fora..."

[SIZE=2]Deck i designed, tried to explain, and shared of course:
    Portal Majiya 2.2(in Italian)
    Portal Gravebone 2.2 (In Italian)
    Proud Part of Team17

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    hm you have a point, but it isn't proven.

I prefer backing up my points with some evidence.

Observation: High ranked mages don't use meteor strike at all. They still use fireball LS and nova.
    Conclusion: Meteor strike isn't very good.

I hope it's clear now

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by lentan View Post
    hm you have a point, but it isn't proven.

I prefer backing up my points with some evidence.

Observation: High ranked mages don't use meteor strike at all. They still use fireball LS and nova.
    Conclusion: Meteor strike isn't very good.

I hope it's clear now
    That's not really the greatest of evidence... All that "proves" is that High ranked mages prefer fireball, LS, and Nova. No where in there does it prove that Meteor Shower isn't any good. Cite examples like he did and give a bit more reasoning behind it than "the high players don't use it". They way you put it is just rude and adds nothing to the discussion.

Imo Meteor Shower is a decent card for board control because it hits and effects every ally on your opponent's field. They will eventually die to the ablaze (assuming no damage reduction is involved) and the damage also makes them far easier to kill, be it DD or allies. Sure, its not always going to be better than Lightning Strike or even Supernova. Its not the new x4 auto include card mages would like. But none of that makes it a bad card. I run x2 in my decks because I feel its a card worth including, especially for those times I face rush or a difficult board situation.
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel