Close

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Suggested changes for Meteor Shower, Static shock and wands

If anyone wishes to disagree and there is some hidden usage I've not seen in my admitted noobishness but:

Meteor shower is far too restricted by its inability to target a hero meaning and even if there are allies (lets not even talk about solo decks), lightning strike always seems to be the better choice. I suggest allowing the meteor to target the hero instead of the allies and causing 3 damage and no ablaze effect to allies. This would make the card more includable in decks IMO. Even with contaminated water on the go its extremely difficult to find a situation when you would want a meteor shower over a lightning strike or fireball.

For static charge, the two seperate targets rule means its also not very useful. Even with Nishaven and with voltars ring I've gone from including 4 to try it and it never being usefuk (early game it is absolutely worse than laying down an ally unless your opponent just happens to have played a kris). I suggest the card can be used to target the same target twice for a total of 2 damage to one target sometimes. To prevent voltars ring +this being overly good, voltars ring should only add +1 to total damage (so 3 on one target). Or just remove the 2 seperate targets and hit one target for 2 damage (+1 for the ring).

Both the wands seem very expensive with fairly weak effects (and one only has 2 durability so if they have any allies you will get one use probably). I'd suggest reducing them to cost 3. Still not 100% sure on what the wand of Izikus is for, if you have an excess of TOK you could spend 2 resources and 1 SE for the equivalent of a bad 3CC ally. You can also smack people with the wand I suppose. For wand of disintigration I thnk I'd much rather have an acid jet (more chance of actually destroying the item), poor quality or LLN. The only think I can think of is if the opponent has a weapon/armour, you have a Io Void leviathan and a scrying eye (which is otherwise better for buffing) then you could buff the IO faster. At cost 3 they would be a bit more viable since even if their secondary purpose may never be used, you can smack someone over the head 2-3 times.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Meteor shower is meant to damage ice allies to insta-kill them, imo. More of a sideboard for tournaments than an actual include card. Likely good against weenie rush or shard decks.

Same goes for the electric damage. It's fluff for voltair's ring. A cheap helping hand to majiya/Nishaven against beefy allies.

As for the staffs, I don't know what they were trying to do, but they failed at it. I can only assume the human allies being able to bring them back or add durability affects the way weapons and armors can be made.
    3.5 "Gravebella Beatdown" || KillTrend's Live Commentary
    A1 Elder
    Ingame Handles: A1 Killtrend

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think the disintegration wand is supposed to be a shadow energy dump against solo decks who will be using a lot of weapons and armor, not enough durability though really.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Meteor Shower is actually a good card.say, you're Majiya. Your ability is ready, and your opponent has two 4 health allies on the board. LS plus ability will only clear on of those allies. Fireball and ability will also clear only one of those allies. Meteor Shower plus ability will, on the other hand, be able to clear both allies.
    iClipse - A1's Twilight Manipulator - A1 : Evolution in Theory
    Part of PFG

• My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too.

• Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

• With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.

• I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not sure.

• A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you will look forward to the trip.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Meteor is fine as it is. I dont think mages should have too many burn cards that can target heroes.
    Your suggestion would turn it into a weak version of fireball, boooring.
    This way you can deal some damage to protected allies, which is always something.
    PK Love

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Fionn Maccumhail View Post
    If anyone wishes to disagree and there is some hidden usage I've not seen in my admitted noobishness but:

Meteor shower is far too restricted by its inability to target a hero meaning and even if there are allies (lets not even talk about solo decks), lightning strike always seems to be the better choice. I suggest allowing the meteor to target the hero instead of the allies and causing 3 damage and no ablaze effect to allies.
    There is already a card like that. It is called Special Delivery. Also, ablazing all the other allies plus killing a 4 hp ally by itself is something.

For static charge, the two seperate targets rule means its also not very useful. Even with Nishaven and with voltars ring I've gone from including 4 to try it and it never being usefuk (early game it is absolutely worse than laying down an ally unless your opponent just happens to have played a kris). I suggest the card can be used to target the same target twice for a total of 2 damage to one target sometimes. To prevent voltars ring +this being overly good, voltars ring should only add +1 to total damage (so 3 on one target). Or just remove the 2 seperate targets and hit one target for 2 damage (+1 for the ring).
    Actually, Static Shock targeting 2 targets at once is pretty useful. You can combine it with other two target spells (Lightning Strike) or global effects like Nishaven's ability and Supernova. I'm not saying Static Shock is actually a very good card though.

Both the wands seem very expensive with fairly weak effects (and one only has 2 durability so if they have any allies you will get one use probably). I'd suggest reducing them to cost 3. Still not 100% sure on what the wand of Izikus is for, if you have an excess of TOK you could spend 2 resources and 1 SE for the equivalent of a bad 3CC ally. You can also smack people with the wand I suppose. For wand of disintigration I thnk I'd much rather have an acid jet (more chance of actually destroying the item), poor quality or LLN. The only think I can think of is if the opponent has a weapon/armour, you have a Io Void leviathan and a scrying eye (which is otherwise better for buffing) then you could buff the IO faster. At cost 3 they would be a bit more viable since even if their secondary purpose may never be used, you can smack someone over the head 2-3 times.
    I'm not sure about Staff of Disintegration and Wand of Izikus. I never used them but I heard people saying at least SoD is useful.
    Last edited by ahmet476; 01-30-2013 at 11:24 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmet476 View Post
    There is already a card like that. It is called Special Delivery. Also, ablazing all the other allies plus killing a 4 hp ally by itself is something.

Maybe I wasn't clear in my first post I meant meteor shower keeps its current effect when targetting allies but also has the option to target heroes in which case it acts like special delivery. The latter being a poor damage/cost ratio since it isn't the main use of the card but makes it more useful against solo decks, and slightly less situational against normal decks.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I see. That's an interesting suggestion.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'm against another hero burn card for mages. When in the current version mages can deal 4 x 4 (FB) + 3 x 4 (LS) + 4 x 5 (Nova) = 48 damage to the hero through spells alone.
    Last edited by Preybird; 01-30-2013 at 11:36 PM. Reason: Math fail.
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Preybird View Post
    I'm against another hero burn card for mages. When in the current version mages can deal 4 x 4 (FB) + 3 x 4 (LS) + 4 x 5 (Nova) = 38 damage to the hero through spells alone.
    I totally agree with Preybird on this i dont think its a good idea at all. As if Moonstalkers ability wasnt already useless lets just take him out of the game lol