4 Here Be Monsters

2 Shriek of Vengeance

4 Mind Control

2 Ley Line Nexus

4 Shadow Font

3 Sacrificial Lamb

1 Bad Santa

2 Sliver of Shadow

4 Ironhide Karash (shadow ally) - 2cc - 2 attack - 2HP - If combat damage dealt to Ironhide Karash is 2 or less, that damage is reduced to zero.

4 Disciple of Aldmor (shadow ally) - 4cc - 2 attack - 6HP - Immune to abilities activated with shadow energy

4 Morbid Acolyte (shadow ally) – 3cc – 2 attack – 5HP – Passive ability (2 resources) “Target opposing ally loses all passive abilities until the start of your next turn.”

3 Wulven Savage (shadow ally - wulven) – 4cc – 2 attack – 2HP – All combat damage dealt to Wulven Savage is reduced to zero.

2 Contaminated Water (shadow item – artifact) – 3cc – Opposing allies have -1 health while contaminated water is in play. Any player may activate the following ability on their turn: (3 SE points) Contaminated Water is destroyed.

Explanation of Card Choices

*Explanation of deck is out of date* - will update soonish

Karash is a good early card to get on the board. It has obvious combat advantages against a lot of low cc allies and it's also great against weapons. A Karash or two can wear down the durability of Anklebreaker pretty quickly without being disabled for a turn.

I incorporated 2 shrieks of vengeance because there are a lot of new, low cc items in the expansion. I don’t usually play a SoV early in the game because it destroys a resource and this deck has a slow pick-up. This can be a great card for breaking mid-game strategies or anytime against a Black Garb, etc..

4 Shadow Font. It’s a Zaladar deck, speaks for itself.

4 Sacrificial Lamb. It’s very important to make good use of this card. Don’t go crazy sacrificing it for a resource early on if you don’t have to. There are no other draw-engines in the deck (besides the chance of playing a Ley Line Nexus) so using the SL carefully is key to keeping pace with the opponent’s draw.

I play 4 Disciple of Aldmor. It’s a 4cc but it’s got 6 HP and a great passive ability, which makes it hard to clear off the board. Being immune to the effects of shadow energy makes this a difficult card for a lot of heroes to contend with if they didn’t have some board control in place when you cast it.

4 Morbid Acolyte. MA has a low cc to HP ratio and a great passive ability. Getting MA on the board early has all kinds of potential. It can also disable stoneskin cards allowing Zaladar to do his thing. Raven Wildheart…the list goes on.

4 Darkwood Wraith. This card is all about maintaining board control with your allies. This card helps offset the slow pickup the deck has. A turn 4 Zaladar ability and a T5 Darkwood can take back the board pretty quickly. This card is a big help against Jasmine Rosecult and a lifesaver against Aldon the Brave.

4 Contaminated Water. This is not a card I’m too concerned with trying to keep on the board. I only play it in combo with Zaladar’s Hero ability. Of course, if it’s not destroyed it’s great to have around…just don’t build a strategy around expecting it to stay long. Paired with 4 DMT in the deck, it's really easy to bring down big allies on a turn when Zaladar has his beam fired up.
    Last edited by Counterexample; 04-22-2013 at 02:49 AM.
    IGN: Counterexample
    Dark Prophecies - Zaladar deck build

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    it's probably better than any of my decklists there Shiiiiiiiiuuuuuut
    Yes I am an Espeon but i am also a Nekomata
    Co-Leader of: The Nekomata Division
    currently working on:
    Comunity set: Fairies of the Earth
    Achievements:
    NONE YET!!!!!!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Well this is just an opinion but I really think that WOTP isn't that great unless you have blood frenzy or bazaar out(or both). It's just be because when I draw it late it is useless as I am usually top decking or maybe have one other card. Only reason I like it with BF and Baz is because in two turns it is incredibly useful, occasionally.
    Also I like contaminated water, but I like to run it with DMT as with him, CW and a Karash out it is awesome, go t2 Karash t3 CW, take out 2 drop hopefully, and then play DMT t4 and kill any 3 drop excluding infernal gargoyle. Maybe take out the interference, as there is not very many heroes who will build up to a lot of SE. There is Serena until she gets her anklebreaker, and then moonstalker. But beyond that not too much.
    The bitterest truth is always better than the sweetest lie.
    If you are reading this, congratulations, you survived the end of the world.

In Game Name: PPUOD Pretty Pretty Unicorn Of Death

Member of Shadow Era Network, Shadow Era Community Hub,Join Today!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Natethegreat View Post
    Well this is just an opinion but I really think that WOTP isn't that great unless you have blood frenzy or bazaar out(or both). It's just be because when I draw it late it is useless as I am usually top decking or maybe have one other card. Only reason I like it with BF and Baz is because in two turns it is incredibly useful, occasionally.
    Also I like contaminated water, but I like to run it with DMT as with him, CW and a Karash out it is awesome, go t2 Karash t3 CW, take out 2 drop hopefully, and then play DMT t4 and kill any 3 drop excluding infernal gargoyle. Maybe take out the interference, as there is not very many heroes who will build up to a lot of SE. There is Serena until she gets her anklebreaker, and then moonstalker. But beyond that not too much.
    All good points. I'm gonna run some games testing 4 DMT instead of 4 WoTP and 4 Karash instead of 2 Interference/2 Rust Weevil.
    IGN: Counterexample
    Dark Prophecies - Zaladar deck build

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Cool! I'm excited for these new shadow allies cuz I think they should be more powerful that the current ones. HUman and mage decks can be pretty brutal

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I like Mage decks better
    Yes I am an Espeon but i am also a Nekomata
    Co-Leader of: The Nekomata Division
    currently working on:
    Comunity set: Fairies of the Earth
    Achievements:
    NONE YET!!!!!!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Looks better.
    Buried Treasure of Nanana
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix/ Greatness, Reborn
    My tournament achievements

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Elemental shadow (I think thats what their called) are my favorites, but I'm pretty tempted to make a mage deck tool!