Close

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Fou DeLile View Post
    I still don't get the love Jericho gets on these forums. He's has one of the most underwhelming ability in the game. How can you go 'Hmm. I'm gonna build a deck around this.'?

The expansion adds a lot of attachments and even some Jericho specific cards but still, he's a reactionnary Hero, in the right meta he'll thrive (like all Heroes) otherwise he's worse than Zhanna in terms of I want to build my own deck (and not base it on the meta).
    Well Jericho fairs better than Zhanna in some cases. And the more attachments are used, the more valuable his ability becomes. There's plenty of times I played Zhanna and layed down a Raven etc, only to have her become frozen or disabled by an attachment. Well with Jericho, you have insurance right in your hands at all times, as long as you have shadow energy. Jericho's ability to remove attachments n effects also is invaluable in removing Blood Frenzy which can lead to end game when coupled with Jewlers Dream, against Zhanna if you don't get the cards you need when you need'em. There's many times when his ability was totally useful and got me the Win. People are always looking for ways to disable your powerful cards with attachments or effects, Jericho comes in handy.
    Last edited by Capo 9; 02-02-2013 at 07:03 AM.
    "Corruption of the soul is a fate that befalls the weak."

{IGN} Capo 9~ Enlisted{2}Endure {E2E}

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Capo 9 View Post
    Well Jericho fairs better than Zhanna in some cases. And the more attachments are used, the more valuable his ability becomes. There's plenty of times I played Zhanna and layed down a Raven etc, only to have her become frozen or disabled by an attachment. Well with Jericho, you have insurance right in your hands at all times, as long as you have shadow energy. Jericho's ability to remove attachments n effects also is invaluable in removing Blood Frenzy which can lead to end game when coupled with Jewlers Dream, against Zhanna if you don't get the cards you need when you need'em. There's many times when his ability was totally useful and got me the Win. People are always looking for ways to disable your powerful cards with attachments or effects, Jericho comes in handy.
    The problem with Jericho is that he is a reactive hero
    and reactive hero is not as strong as other heroes.
    as jericho need to bring many counter cards for all the heroes he may face
    this is because in SE, there is huge first move advantage
    once you lay down a ally, you re in a superior position
    while for Jericho, he has to first counter the unknow threat,and then plan his threat,
    this made him very difficult to play in QM

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by kcleungab View Post
    The problem with Jericho is that he is a reactive hero
    and reactive hero is not as strong as other heroes.
    as jericho need to bring many counter cards for all the heroes he may face
    this is because in SE, there is huge first move advantage
    once you lay down a ally, you re in a superior position
    while for Jericho, he has to first counter the unknow threat,and then plan his threat,
    this made him very difficult to play in QM
    Well technically all abilities are reactive one way or another, Jericho's ability is defensive most of the time which sucks in many battles, it often goes unused. Which is why I proposed a Dual Hero Card with Alternate Ability and Art Design on reverse side of Hero. My thread starts with AMAZING IDEA, in the suggestions section. Check it out.
    "Corruption of the soul is a fate that befalls the weak."

{IGN} Capo 9~ Enlisted{2}Endure {E2E}

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Capo 9 View Post
    Well technically all abilities are reactive one way or another.
    Exactly. Elad's and Maj's abilities are useless in a solo-meta.

Jericho just needs a certain meta to shine (like all other heroes - except those that can break a card pool like 1.28 Elad/Logan). Will it ever come? Who knows.
    FDL TV!

Channel | Thread | Twitter
    Deck Techs, Game Commentary, Replay Analysis and more!

FDL Tips: The Metagame, Balance and You || Empty Hands
    LL Decklists: Serena || Elementalis

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Old Elad ability was so good LOL. I could be sure to win when my opponent was at 15 health.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Why not have an option in QM to choose a specific minimum and vs other players with a minimum of 40, 50, or 60? People who like the 40 min decks can continue on that path and people who are getting bored can try the 50 or 60 minimum. More cards are utilized with the larger decks and it would keep things interesting imo. With the expansion on the way, it seems reasonable to me anyway.
    Last edited by berserker1111; 02-26-2013 at 12:13 AM.
    I am someone, but I don't remember who. I am here, but I don't remember why. I am running, but I don't remember where to. That is fine. Come what may. All I wish is that my heart remain true.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I agree with those who want to leave the minimum deck size at 40.

Obviously the more cards in the deck the lower is the probability to get one specific card (unless one card can be included more than 4 times).
    With bigger decks players lose control over the game, certain strategies cannot be played if the required cards are not coming.

The decisions of the players would be more limited and the shuffle order would have a dominant influence on the outcome of the game.
    It can be quite frustrating to lose a game without really having seen an opportunity to turn it around.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    +1

More than 40 and the game becomes to random, not that it's specific now!
    A1 kip thorp
    the daddy daughter team of death
    Proud Graduate of Kiptergarten
    A1-Alliance ~ Evolution in Theory

A1 Alliance LEADER & Crash Test Dummy
    Check out our recruitment thread

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    45 card decks are still fully playable on certain archeotypes, while on others even 41 cards is too much.

Right now I'm doodling casually with a rush/control 49 card elad and while it still sort of works similar to 40 card rush elad, it's nowhere near as competative. I don't personally see a big problem in playing a 50 card deck as long as you don't expect to be competative with it, but there's no way you'd see me touch that fat of a deck even with a long stick in a competative match.

I also disagree that there should be arbitrary minimum deck sizes in QM it'd only split the community in every so many fractions completely unnecessarily.

If you want to play against 80 card decks, then make a new account and play at the 0 - 100 rating level where you're more likely to meet with "varied" decks.
    Conduit of Light and Knowledge
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i somehow agree with 5dPZ, with the addition of dark prophecies deck, it's hard to control the deck to become 40 card. But still 60 card is too much on one deck, why don't take the middle line?? i think 50 card is enough ._. what do you say?