Close

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Killtrend View Post
    Yes, most likely. It would depend on my opponents hand size, HP total and or board. If I need to remove one of his allies, or I feel like death racing, I will. It's an absolute gamble that he may have or top deck an MC, but if he can't draw one, elementalis has nothing else really to stop being beat up.
    Thanks for your input Now I know what to do when I gave Gravebones :P

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    A1 Killtrend vs Buttiwski

Accidentally timed out a turn before I could decide on the future of my drops, and raged. Than proceeded to put boot to ass.

I forgot how much fun simple cards like bloodlust are.
    3.5 "Gravebella Beatdown" || KillTrend's Live Commentary
    A1 Elder
    Ingame Handles: A1 Killtrend

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Killtrend View Post
    Every. Damn. Time.

The next games were a bit more friendly, although I don't seem to get one of my 8 2cc drops ever, right off the bat. I always grab an early Tome. If I remember correctly, Brute on T2 was key to a lot of my old victories.

It is what it is.

Note:

I love Brutal Minotaur. Through a portal, it's just awesome. And likely he won't *always* be killed or crippled right away so a single Brutal Minotaur can do 12 damage more often than you'd think.
    Curious on why so many 2 drops? Even decks that really benefit from that power start rarely run more than 6 with portal I would have thought even more that you don't want them clogging your hand. Are they mainly to set up bloodlust?

PS
    Its nice to have you back even if if could have been do to better circumstances.
    Last edited by qaz92zaq; 05-23-2013 at 11:06 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Gravebone has a major weakness and most people don't realize it: His ability is near useless for 6 straight turns. Maybe 7. A top priority revive to maximize his ability won't come until he can drop a 5cc ally.

That made me think about how bad a hero would be if their first SE usage would be at turn 6. Pretty terrible across the board.

With that information, I decided to maximize a power start with the inclusion of 12 "durable weenies." Being competently aware that I will have to wait until turn 6 to revive someone, I chose to use his first SE shot on a gargoyle or iron hide and attempt a quick bloodlust/burn wipe.

An effective bloodlust on turn 5 with a revive and maybe even an additional weenie drop (thanks to cannon fodder t4 Bella with a draw ) is actually pretty useful.

So to summarize: knowing gravebone is very weak early, fearing not being able to mount a comeback and bloodlust being available to him I just decided that I could rely on weenies to expend and ping my opponent while I set up for a Minotaur.
    A1 Elder

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Makes sense btw that bloodlust against boris was a beautiful play. Why he let your garg live after deciding to shield bash it I will never know though.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I figured he was trying to get a jasmine or someone who could finish gargoyle off on the board, to save his ability for a 4cc. That's the only scenario he would want a pre-emptive shield bash. He also probably had nothing else to safely play.

I enjoy resurrecting a mini weenie swarm with a Bella to draw attention, and then punishing their insolence with a bloodlust. Ha. It only takes 2 attacking allies to get a fireball-esque ability with multi-target. That kris was pissing me off tho, especially after he crippled my iron hide.
    A1 Elder

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Thanks to a flavor text victory, I now have Belladonna card sleeves and an optional card art for Gravebone. Sweet.

More play testing to come tonight and into the weekend.
    A1 Elder

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Why not remove brutal minotaur and add dark knight, this way you can put bella back in your hand and play her for another draw, if BM gets killed you'll take 2 damge, DK wont hurt you.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    It all comes down to survivability. Knight doesn't survive to attack near as many times as BM
    A1 Elder