Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Elicit Information

do you think it should be 2cc instead of 4cc?

at 4cc, it loses most of its usefulness. Serena's ability activates at 3se. if EI is 2cc, you can lay it down on t2, put out Old Iron Dagger at t3, activate Serena's ability (or just follow it up with Pay Day, also 3cc) , and have EI working that turn.

as opposed to 4cc, it misses Serena's ability, and Lyra Blackrose's, plus Pay Day. either you put out Lyra first, then attach EI, or delay Lyra and attach EI. either way, you're losing too much tempo with EI at 4cc.

what you guys think? or would it make EI OP?
    Last edited by Jao; 01-23-2013 at 03:45 PM.
    Want to Join A1?

A1: Evolution in Theory. To stop evolving is to die.

It is one of my greatest hopes that in the future, mankind achieves enlightenment so high we would not need rules, laws, or government to keep the peace and govern ourselves. By our own motivation and volition, we would do what is right and just because it is right and just. This is the central tenet of anarchy. Not chaos and lawlessness, but free will and self-actualization.

Visit my blog: Potpourri

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Not necessarily OP but at 2cc definitely unfair. It could potentially allow you to shut down your opponent before the game has even really started. Going off your thoughts on the combos you could utilize, at T5 you would have a 4 card advantage(your opponent would have discarded 2 and you would have drawn 2) some heroes would have less of a problem with this than others but that's still quite an advantage. I'd say it falls in line with IGG, just geared more toward the new Serena. Saying EI loses it usefulness at 4cc is like saying IGG loses its usefulness at 4cc. Play it T4 then start using whatever methods you have at your disposal to make your opponent discard. Plus at this point(and onward) you have more resources to make use of combos. Also kind of off topic but it would also be a nice counter to Blood Frenzy(at least temporarily), if combined with Pay Day(assuming your opponents consistently has 4 or more cards). I would also add that it "misses" nothing. You are not required to use Serena's ability once you have 3se, nor play, for example, Lyra as soon as you have the resources to do so
    Proud Member of AA1

"I am neither foe nor friend to my brothers, but such as each of them shall deserve of me." -Ayn Rand

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Not really.

Elicit Information is strictly inferior to IGG right now. IGG simply draws more even if you are aiming to force discards.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Airact View Post
    Not really.

Elicit Information is strictly inferior to IGG right now. IGG simply draws more even if you are aiming to force discards.
    +1. it can be as good as backup for the IGG for Serena, in which her T4 is crucial.
    Shadow Era:

Every Turn Counts

"Being strong isn't just about having powers or moves...It is about HEART." - Roronoa Zoro, One Piece

PFG 2 Member "You idealize, we criticize."
    1st Singapore Meltdown Physical Tournament Winner

IGN: Berdugo ETC
    Profession: Alien Hunter

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I really don't think so, 4cc it's good enough for me
    Elicit Information attach to your Heroes and stay there forever unless your opponent discard it
    plus you could still run both IGG and Elicit Information. Right now I have 3x IGG and 2x EI in my Serena

it usefulness varies against certain heroes, though I know it's still inferior to IGG in most situation
    against Heroes that doesn't use many allies like mages or Heroes that have a lot of Item destruction card, Elicit Information will shine more than IGG

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Difference is in my Eyes, with IGG i need only IGG. 4x in Deck and good. I draw Card for every kill and destroyed Item.
    For Elicit i need Elicit self, then other Cards to meet the target. And this for 4 Ress. Its hard to play an resonable combo so.
    And i have Eclit not really forever (thats dreaming, sry)
    I know no Players then have not an Sever Ties in Deck (Enrage and Co). With new Cards is a lot easier to discard an Attachment.
    Ok IGG can discard same, but i need for it 4 Cards (4x in Deck) not Double or Triple so much.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Airact View Post
    Not really.

To be fair. IGG draws the most of all draw engines in the game.
    iClipse - A1's Twilight Manipulator - A1 : Evolution in Theory
    Part of PFG

• My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too.

• Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

• With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.

• I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not sure.

• A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you will look forward to the trip.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by iClipse View Post
    To be fair. IGG draws the most of all draw engines in the game.
    And that's what Elicit Information is competing with.

I think BF draws slightly more than IGG but yeah, IGG is one of the better engines out there.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yes also imo is not bad at 4cc, as someone else said is a backup in case you don't draw an IGG!
    Danidista - Gladiator of Urbe
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

IGN: BP Danidista92

TO of:
    Tournament for players new to tournaments #1 #2 #3#4 (Finished)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Coder of the Night -- A1 : Evolution in Theory

Member of the Player's Focus Group 1

My Decks:
    -------------

My Articles:
    My Strategy articles compilation