Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Exclamation Help with eladwen frostmire deck

Hello everyone... I've recently joined the shadow era network... I got into it while searching for a decent tcg for android devices.... i used to play yugioh, but since i dont have access to my laptop at the moment, i got interested in this.... The 1st hero i chose was eladwen... I searched for some guides on how to play, then I found some really nice articles to help us newbies... One of them was wtzky's(sorry if i spelt it wrong) hero guide... It was a really wonderful article and it helped me a lot... so wanna say thanks.... anyways after some research, i came up with this(sorry too lazy to post all the card names) :-

http://deck.shadowera.net/index.html....2se156.2se157

I want the pros to take a look at it and help me make it better.... This deck is working fine for me, but it has really bad match-ups against amber rain, solo darkclaw, serena, and gwenneth......
    I do have a few questions:-
    1.which one is better, bad santa or honored dead? I had HD in place of BS but changed it since it was dead in my hands in the early stages......
    2.Should i add a few retreats? If yes, then what should i remove fot it?
    3. What strategy should i opt against those above mentioned heroes?
    4. Can i use portal with this? If yes then what should i remove for it?
    I also got interested in lance shadowstalker.... made one deck for him too... i'll post that later, since i need help with that too....

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    First of all,welcome to the forums
    yeah,u should use bad santa,this is bcoz u really need something for the draw engine,bt both BS and TOK would be too many for any deck-so -1tok.
    i dont think u need aeon in that deck(bcoz if u play this hero ryt,ul hav won the match by around turn 6-8)-so replace him with the portal.
    i guess DOU will also not be favourable to u as it works only when the opposing allies are 'damaged' and those are very less situations(remember,it might help u for early games,bt ul hav to change it afterwards)-so i suggest to use snow sapphire in place of DOU.
    He has come HE WILL CONQUER

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Actually for a beginner this looks rather good.

First of all this seems to go a more controlish route so, Bad Santa might not be the optimal choice. Even if you cut the two 6 cards to draw are ususally enough. I would also cut the Sever ties, they come in handy sometimes but they are useless in way too many matchups. Retreats are an option, but since you run enough removal with your burn you shouldn't need it.

After you remove those cards you can add 3 new ones(to stay at 40 cards). My personal recommendation is to close the gap between Aeon and your other allies, so I'd say add 3 5 cost allies, Raven or Armored Sandworm.

For the Matchups:

Amber: Amber is hard for Elad, especially after you remove ST XD. Sandworms help quite a bit if you can make her blow her Crippling Blows on other stuff. Try to finish it quick so she hasn't a chance to find her Enrage.
    Gwen: Another Mage Killer. Once she has control over the game stop playing allies and burn her to death, so she can't get any additional life with her Soul Seeker.
    Darkclaw: As he usually has a lot of stall for allies try to not recource too much of your burn, since this is what will kill him.
    Serena: This is actually doable, her lategame is a lot stronger than yours, so again rely on your burn to finish the job. Try to not waste you LeyLiney Nexus on Anklebreaker, in case she has Spelleater Bands.

The key to playing this kind of Eladwen effectively is to know when to burn his allies and when to go for the throat with it.
    IGN: TJ paK0X

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    thanks for the info and thanks sadist007..... i made two variants of it, which one seems better?
    1.Control build:-
    http://deck.shadowera.net/index.html....3se031.2se162
    2.A bit aggressive build:-
    http://deck.shadowera.net/index.html....3se077.2se162

Gwen, serena and amber is really giving me a hard time.... serena's anklebreaker+ability combo, amber's ability+jd or dimensional reaperor berserker's edge +reserve weapon combo, and the nastiest one, gwen's rapid fire+soul seeker + spamming ability combo is really giving me a hard time to deal with, considering i only have 2 lln against their 4+ weapons... that soul seeker combo is really unfair... and i dunno why all the good decks(decks that don't contain stupid 50+ cards) i'm facing only gwen, amber and serena and a few others... i can handle the others but these three really pisses me off... i am currently in 187 rating.....
    also, i fought against a really good zhanna player the other day, although i was using moonstalker, that guy obliterated me... initially i had the advantage but a couple of healing touches and tidal waves later, i was in a very bad stage.... if i were to use a mage, what should i do against priests? Their healing abiliy is plain annoying(although it looks so cool) :P
    One more hing that i wanna ask is why majority of the players prefer using portal in majiya decks rather than eladwen decks? Imo, the human allies are much powerful than the shadow allies and bringing them to the field is a lot easier than the shadow allies....
    I also have a hard time deciding what to sac and what not too... most of the games i lost was due to the fact that i sacrificed the wrong card at the wrong time, and i needed that card to bring me back in the game... so, any suggestions for that?
    Last edited by shadowglyph123; 01-21-2013 at 08:22 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    In my opinion-eladwen's ability turns out to be best with agressive rush decks-being a big fan of elad myself,have found out that the card pool available for her is most effective in rush decks with a simple but deadly strategy availabe to u-give tons of damage in first 4-5 turns and then sit back and use spells nova to finish off.
    He has come HE WILL CONQUER

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Well, i tried playing the rush version of eladwen, but i dunno, it gave me really bad results.... maybe i didnt play it right... i like the control one better... i'm really bad in rush... since i like to play patiently...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Hi

Hi where can I get the supernova I can't find it in merchant

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Sometimes the merchant will run out of cards. You just have to wait.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Players do not use portal with Eladwen because portal is best used with big hard hitting allies such as plasma behemoth and Brutal Minotaurs. Also with Majiya's ability to get some extra draw, she can swarm the board easier with individual powerful allies.

At the same time Eladwen relies A LOT on synergy and momentum, much more so than Majiya. If you break Eladwens synergy, it becomes that much more difficult for her to keep up in speed of Majiya, or to keep up in death racing. Other than Raven, there's not a lot of reason to use portals as a human other than mass weenie rushes possibly.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    hi and welcome!

here's what i can share about the deck:

http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....ht=brokenarrow

just copy paste it to your browser, apologies, am not yet familiar on how to set that as a link. hope this helps. the article is still open to suggestions and opinion as well and is a work in progress. am quite new to the game, just a few months old as well

cheers!