Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Talking fortress decks, anyone?

hi everyone. just wanted to start this post about fortress decks. before i started playing se i had been playing mtg casually, and ironically for almost 10 years. had just about every deck out of the meta game built, except for the power 9 build since they came out way before i started-and not to mention were very pricey. anyway, among the decks that i had were the so called fortress decks-control decks in nature that ensured a favorable environment/board was at hand before pounding its opponents to death. mtg player you might know what i'm talking about-winter orb, uw control, the feared stasis decks back in the day ...

now that dark prophecies is set to come out any time soon, is there a chance that we would see a fortress deck arise? most of the decks now, i've noticed deal with the beatdown, with exception to mill decks like moonstalker and darkclaw. hopefully we see one that's capable of being one of the top decks in the near future.

any ideas for starters?
    -board control
    -denial
    -enders (big nasty creatures and/or mill?)

thanks for reading, hoping you'd share your insights, opinions, negative reactions if any

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Without a doubt, only priests can do that well.

TW/Banish/Retreat for board control and fatties
    FP/MP for denial
    BoC/HT/TKP/HS for endurance
    DC/Resurrection for mill

You got all the tools you will ever need.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hi! I don't play MtG so I don't know what you mean by winter-orb or something, but my Zaladar deck is perhaps what you are talking about.
    http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....adar-Mill-(DP)
    This is on the Test Server.

This deck requires a degree of concentration though. Even I find it is tiring to keep playing this deck :P
    I hope you'll like it!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I would like to play some Esper control-like (they win the game with this) decks but this game lacks the mill to do so.

That Zal seems decently interesting but to me it seems to be very solo Moonstalker -like.