Close

Page 31 of 43 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    No worries!

BTW, I'm putting together a big wholesale order of my own (about $1500 on top of what I already spent), so the total's going to reach higher pretty soon. And I believe your recent wholesale order isn't included in the total yet, or the huge one from ShadowEraShop.
    Me 2000 you 1500
    shadow era shop
    I think it's around 2000 ?

So 5500
    Still 4500 more
    -0-
    I'm from Thailand boardgame club
    If you ever going to Thailand feel free to contact me if you want to play some boardgame
    we have meeting every saturday

$610.08

I buy : Gift Code
    Sell : CotC / DP boosters cotc/Dp complete CotC/DP premium/exclusive PM me

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Well if not knowing what the 2nd bonus level might be is what is deterring people not to buy then maybe wulven should give a sneak peek at what is to be unlocked since we have less than a week to go. Im all for boosting sales because i need the shadow crystals! Maybe they could give hints? A riddle?

DP Visionary
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by jesskh View Post
    Well if not knowing what the 2nd bonus level might be is what is deterring people not to buy then maybe wulven should give a sneak peek at what is to be unlocked since we have less than a week to go. Im all for boosting sales because i need the shadow crystals! Maybe they could give hints? A riddle?
    I'm really not understanding why it's being hidden either. We are barely reaching 50000 atm and it can't hurt to give people more incentives to buy. I know I am not getting any just for a chance at more sc, but if chance for more rewards is offered I'd be interested.
    A1 MZAAZM

jayj6988 (11:35:35 PM): I want you to know that if you are accepted onto Legion, you must be prepared to be unpopular or even disliked by association
    jayj6988 (11:35:56 PM): not being egotisticl or henchmen of the egotistical bunch, we tend to not be received well
    jayj6988 (11:36:26 PM): there are exceptions though
    jayj6988 (11:36:33 PM): everyone still loves MZAAZM
    jayj6988 (11:37:05 PM): its moreso Spectre and I that are begrudged
    UBTeachings (8:35:44 PM): hm

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MZAAZM View Post
    I'm really not understanding why it's being hidden either. We are barely reaching 50000 atm and it can't hurt to give people more incentives to buy. I know I am not getting any just for a chance at more sc, but if chance for more rewards is offered I'd be interested.
    OK, here's my interpretation of what's going on, trying to think as objectively as possible:

I'm not sure people realize how much of a discount is being offered here versus normal prices, especially with the free shipping worldwide.

When the pre-order ends, prices will go up and Wulven makes more money per item, so more incentives at this stage would be like someone begging you to mug them!

As the pre-order page says, this is about giving a high value deal to the most loyal fans of the game. The bonuses are there literally as a bonus reward for what the community collectively orders, not to try to force up the number of cut-price products Wulven sells.

The original pre-order for CotC was different, and was about generating enough money to print the cards. This is completely about offering a super deal to fans of the game. The DP cards will be printed regardless of the pre-order total and, with at least three distributors across the world, Shadow Era will be finding its way into more shops and will be sold at retail prices there as opposed to super super discount.

That's my take anyway. I can't resist a bargain and that's why I've ordered more than $2000 myself.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Ordered the epic collection. This is perfect for me since I'm just starting my SE physical card collection. Can't wait to get em.
    I am someone, but I don't remember who. I am here, but I don't remember why. I am running, but I don't remember where to. That is fine. Come what may. All I wish is that my heart remain true.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Gondo, I agree with ya, but at the same time... Most people that were in this game for the greed aspect left long ago, so most people still buying the physical cards are the loyal fans. Wulven could have easily offered in game foils at 25,000 and not have lost any money. While I rarely play the online game, it would be nice to get some bonus out of the pre-order... That's what draws the hype.

In game foils at 35,000 and free SC at 70,000 would have meant 70k would already have been met (easily!). The orders would probably be well over 100k. By saying here is the first milestone, and we are setting it in hopes that we don't meet it...is pretty much saying, we are trying to make sure people don't pre-order.

The other huge problem is, the cards are not live yet. 90% of the people haven't seen the test server/how these cards are going to pan out. I think if nothing else, there should have at least been an extension until the cards went to the live server.

People like myself will buy the complete set, just so I know I have a complete collection, but that $300, is no where near what I paid for the crowd funding (which was over 1k.) Wulven could have easily drawn alot more out of me by saying, "Each order will give foils..." If Wulven thinks they are making money by holding back, I think it might be quite the opposite.
    Aradiel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by snow_man View Post
    Gondo, I agree with ya, but at the same time... Most people that were in this game for the greed aspect left long ago, so most people still buying the physical cards are the loyal fans. Wulven could have easily offered in game foils at 25,000 and not have lost any money. While I rarely play the online game, it would be nice to get some bonus out of the pre-order... That's what draws the hype.

In game foils at 35,000 and free SC at 70,000 would have meant 70k would already have been met (easily!). The orders would probably be well over 100k. By saying here is the first milestone, and we are setting it in hopes that we don't meet it...is pretty much saying, we are trying to make sure people don't pre-order.

The other huge problem is, the cards are not live yet. 90% of the people haven't seen the test server/how these cards are going to pan out. I think if nothing else, there should have at least been an extension until the cards went to the live server.

People like myself will buy the complete set, just so I know I have a complete collection, but that $300, is no where near what I paid for the crowd funding (which was over 1k.) Wulven could have easily drawn alot more out of me by saying, "Each order will give foils..." If Wulven thinks they are making money by holding back, I think it might be quite the opposite.
    You have made a good point there that interest will pick up when the set has gone live, but isn't that a reason to have lower prices now and normal prices when demand picks up?

From an economics perspective, it seems ridiculous to me that the first pre-order ended up with very high demand and the overall value increased over time instead of decreased. Higher demand should lead to higher prices, not offering more value. The idea of giving more and more things to someone after they've already eagerly purchased would have Alan Sugar rolling in his grave if he were dead.

So I would say Wulven has got it the right way round this time. Demand is not super high right now, because, as you say, not enough is known about the set (and also many people are getting DP booster boxes as part of the original pre-order), so prices are discounted and free shipping and bonuses are offered. When demand increases, due to more awareness of the set, the prices will no longer be discounted and there will be no bonuses.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by snow_man View Post

+ 1 , agree

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I agree that is might have been better to preorder after they were released digitally. It would have given it more attention and demand. Is there anyway to extend the date? (and have more announcements for the new set). It would be really cool to have a show case of these cards to build up demand, such as a competition to get some cards digitally from DP.

I'm kind of bummed with no bonuses. I probably will still order though.
    Last edited by dude13117; 02-24-2013 at 12:50 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dude13117 View Post
    I agree that is might have been better to preorder after they were released digitally. It would have given it more attention and demand. Is there anyway to extend the date? (and have more announcements for the new set). It would be really cool to have a show case of these cards to build up demand, such as a competition to get some cards digitally from DP.

I'm kind of bummed with no bonuses. I probably will still order though.
    As I said above, higher demand warrants higher prices, so this is being done the right way round, with lower prices before demand picks up. Wulven is rewarding the early adopters and loyal players who've been helping on the test server and already know it's a set worth owning.