2 Shriek of Vengeance
    4 Bad Santa
    2 Sacrificial Lamb
    4 Shadow Font
    1 Acid Jet
    4 Mind Control

Items (2)
    2 Infinity Core

Basic idea is what you'd expect from Zal, victory through attrition. Read the article for the more detailed explanation, including the logic behind the new cards.
    MistahBoweh - Paragon of Paragons
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

My Strategy Site: The Boweh
    Latest Article: USED: MistahBoweh VS SamuelJ

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Looks solid, I was thinking about ways to make a deck like this using the new cards. Are you on the pfg by any chance?
    Account for Gondorian to put SC into: Ronin Drizl

IGN: Ronin Drizl

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    No, but there are other ways to test with yet-to-be-implemented cards. Rest assured, I have sleeved this up. It's not just a random stack.
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Just curious but since you've actually sleeved this up did you consider using antimatter for draw? I think it would combo nicely with infinity core but I'm wondering if it will take to much time to set up.

Immortal Warrior of Solamnia
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The problem with Antimatter is that it's extremely slow and resource-dependent, while giving the same card advantage as research (which is already a bit cumbersome). The other problem with Antimatter is that it forces you to discard one of the two cards, so you can end up losing a lot of key cards if you either draw multiples or have to pick something for the current turn. There's also the problem where your opponent knows what you're discarding. That's pretty valuable information you're giving away. Through process of elimination or counting copies, it's much easier to figure out what the elemental player has access to.
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Crynus07 View Post
    Just curious but since you've actually sleeved this up did you consider using antimatter for draw? I think it would combo nicely with infinity core but I'm wondering if it will take to much time to set up.
    First thing I thought of when looking at the deck(maybe 2 antimatter, 3 bad santa, 3 words of prophet), but when I took a second look, this deck just doesn't have that many resources to be spending on antimatter. Activating antimatter and core in one turn is 5 resources, and all you have done to change the board state is +2 life. While they do combo well together, this is a very very slow engine, and 3 resources is a HUGE amount compared to ToK's 2 resources, and if your opponent is doing things in the meantime you'll be in trouble.

With 6 resources, Instead of paying 3 for antimatter activation, and laying a 3 drop, he can use a words of prophet + play a 3 drop + use the infinity core, or play a 5 drop + words of prophet, or play a 4 drop + infinity core activation, etc etc.

I still like the card anti-matter though , maybe he can find some way to fit it in, and make it work without losing too much ground on the board etc, Zaladar's ability is good board control after all.

MistahBoweh, I think your forgetting you can discard, and than use infinity core to shuffle the discarded card back in, I think that's the synergy he is pointing too, drawing 2 and discarding one is INFINITELY better than drawing one card straight up like with tok, if antimatter had the same activation cost and I could play one or the other I would choose antimatter every time. You get to dig further/see more of your deck looking for that answer, and I think you are undervaluing the card. When you resource a card you don't get access to it, but we still resource cards, it's all about making the right decisions. I still agree somewhat with what your saying though, too resource intensive and slow.
    Last edited by bluebird503; 01-17-2013 at 01:58 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I am aware that the interaction is there. However, if allies aren't entering your yard the normal way, that means your opponent isn't killing your allies, so I'm pretty sure you have the advantage there.

It's not like I'm playing Gravebone and could drop an Ogloth a couple turns before I should be able to. The best I can do with filling the yard is a couple extra points of life. It's really not worth it.

In a world where Zaladar has 15 resources and can just play whatever they want from turn one on, sure play Antimatter. Elsewise, how many times do you think you'll get to use it before it's destroyed, and in those turns, how far back do you think you'll be on board? ED is no Tidal Wave. You can't get away with being that far behind on board. You invest one card into Anti on turn 2 and then you can't safely use it until turn 7 or 8 after your hand's already empty. And at that point, you're in tpodeck mode. You're just relying on luck.

Using cheaper, burst draw is what leaves me able to plan ahead longer, as well as be able to focus on the board rather than on setup.
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Built this deck for the test server. I'm liking it alot. Only thing I changed was removing the 3 Magma Jackals and replacing them with 3 Disciples of Aldmor. I might also replace 1 of those with 2 Sever Ties if attachments do indeed become prominent. I tried Jackal for a bit, but it seemed very situational. Aldmor is the same cost, and harder to kill.

One thing I really love though is the Infinity Core. Wow that card is fun to use. They kill your ally. You send it back to your deck to reuse and heal 2 damage.
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."
    Account for any future SC transfers by Gondorian: BP tman507

Member of PFG3
    Master of Hand-to-hand Combat
    Greatness, Reborn

Official Shadow Era Wiki Moderator