Close

View Poll Results: should we be able to see the cards in the resource pile in the correct order?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

32 51.61%
  • no

30 48.39%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    plo

viewing sacrifice pile

I think it is necessary for us to be able to view the cards in the resource pile in their correct order, if not for other reason, because of the new priest card forgiveness.

The priest play style stimulates them to have lots of resources, and their duels are longer than usual, so it is almost impossible for me to memorize all the cards I sacrifice, specially in their correct order.

Most of the time I play with Zhanna I end up with 10 or 11 resources, and at the same time I am distracted because of the music I listen. If I end up with a forgiveness in my hand in a duel I had already used forgiveness twice and have 11 resources. Am supposed to know the third card I sacrificed from 11, considering I was distracted by the music?

I can, of course write down all of the cards I sacrificed, but it is very annoying, and you do not have always a paper, pen and a table to do that.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Or you can not listen to music. Or you can sac fewer cards (just because it is a late game deck doesn't mean you need to go above 8 resources). Or you can just sacrifice cards that will be useful in the late game and you might want to protect from hand discarding effects.
    Congratulations to Preybird for designing my Avatar!

In Game Handle: Warr Byrd

Contributions to the Game:
    Flavor text for Wild Berserker: The odds are always in my favor
    PFG3: To Be Released Soon™

Tournament Wins: None, I'm Timmy Johnny not Spike!

Shout out to Gondorian, nerull7, Nikola D, plo, Preybird, Super Grover, and Zhou86 for submitting potential avatars!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Viewing your resource pile won't make gameplay more imbalanced imo. Since you can memorize the 6-7 cards you resourced I see no harm in it being implemented as a feature.
    IGN|theLittleGnome

Rising Sun | join now!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If you are able to see your sacrifice pile, then so should your opponent. Do you want your opponent to be able to see your saccs, and therefore gaining an edge due to knowing certain cards you are carrying? I don't. You already know what you sacced, pay attention if it's important, or don't be upset over something that is entirely in your control.
    I made pumpkins! Firesnake and Plasma Behemoth.
    I daydream about cards too.

My 1.5 Moonstalker deck.

Nizaris - The Characterless Character
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

You can read about us OR join us!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizaris View Post
    If you are able to see your sacrifice pile, then so should your opponent. Do you want your opponent to be able to see your saccs, and therefore gaining an edge due to knowing certain cards you are carrying? I don't. You already know what you sacced, pay attention if it's important, or don't be upset over something that is entirely in your control.
    +1. Viewing your resource pile should never be implemented. It's another one of those game skills which will seperate you from the pack, like planning ahead, knowing meta matchups, and how to counter specific situations.
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Warr Byrd View Post
    Or you can not listen to music. Or you can sac fewer cards (just because it is a late game deck doesn't mean you need to go above 8 resources). Or you can just sacrifice cards that will be useful in the late game and you might want to protect from hand discarding effects.
    Why so hostile? Since you can write down what you sacrifice (which I have actually done in tournaments) all it would do is grant convenience. It doesn't add or remove from the skill necessary to play the game. In fact I think it evens the playing field since people playing on mobile platforms may not have paper as readily available as those who play on a computer at a desk. Of course most of us just remember what we sac as we go, but I've definitely had times where I'm down to my last couple cards and can't remember if I sacced a Puwen or a Raven back at turn 2.

Err, why should your opponent have access to it as well? They get access to the graveyard because you both were given all the information needed to remember it. This is not so with the sac pile, only you know what was put in it so only you should be able to look at it. You're absolutely right in saying that you could just pay attention, but the same could be said for the graveyard...personally I don't want my opponent to lose because they guessed wrong about what card was in the sacrifice pile (and therefore what card remained in their deck).

It would be an interesting memory testing element if there was some way to ensure we don't just write it all down, but since there isn't a way to do that there's really no point in not giving you access to the sac pile. There are important skills in Shadow Era that separate the top players from the rest, but the ability to transcribe information onto paper shouldn't be one of them. I'm far more interested in what people do with that information.
    Last edited by Drizz'l; 01-16-2013 at 10:51 PM.
    Account for Gondorian to put SC into: Ronin Drizl

IGN: Ronin Drizl

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If you need to remember something, write it down. I usually keep a notepad and paper next to me when playing a TCG. When playing shadow era, I keep notepad open on my computer.

Taking notes not only increases your grades in school, but your results in games, what do you know

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I don't care if this will be implement or not. If some of you don't want it, don't use it.
    If you are able to see your sacrifice pile, then so should your opponent. Do you want your opponent to be able to see your saccs
    Er... What made you think that?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingFerrari View Post
    I don't care if this will be implement or not. If some of you don't want it, don't use it.

Er... What made you think that?
    Because they are upside down by default for what I assume was for a reason.
    I made pumpkins! Firesnake and Plasma Behemoth.
    I daydream about cards too.

My 1.5 Moonstalker deck.

Nizaris - The Characterless Character
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

You can read about us OR join us!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Because they are upside down by default for what I assume was for a reason.
    So your opponent can't see them. It's all information you have and they don't. Why not make it easily available?
    Account for Gondorian to put SC into: Ronin Drizl

IGN: Ronin Drizl