Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Why DON'T cards show health and maxhealth? Maybe there isn't enough room on mobile device screens? Oh, well, just a thought....

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Does the max health increase with things like Life Infusion or such? Or is it just temporary?
    IGN: LDL kuhuru GMT -3h

Representante do Brasil no Street Fighter World Warrior Tournament

Member of: {LDL} "LEGION DE DRAGONES LATINOS"
    "Con la fuerza de un dragon, venceremos"

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by a player View Post
    Why DON'T cards show health and maxhealth? Maybe there isn't enough room on mobile device screens? Oh, well, just a thought....
    Because Max Health just isn't useful information ...until possibly now with this card.
    Flynn

My opinion on the BP guild and glitches in Shadow Era. I think it's <removed>.

Decks
    Zaladar - CotC Mill | Victor - CotC Solo | All my good decks are a secret

Card Design
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix Guild Cards | World Beyond - The Warlock's Grimoire | Trollface

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think a lot of the time people are underestimating the intelligence of gamers as well as gamers' desire to put mental muscle into their gameplay. Guild Wars 1 PvP character building was referred to as "deck building" because of how involved all the skill descriptions were that it seemed sort of like playing YuGiOh or Magic:the Gathering. But people loooved the freedom as well as the increased skill cap of building a character (higher rewards made available due to greater risk of the general population, yourself included not gaining maximum insight into the myriad of strategic oppurtunities) - this resulted in a feeling that one could gain a big advantage before the fight even started just by having a smarter build than your opponent.

Guild Wars 2 PvP skills have a completely different design philosophy. Essentially the player is force fed everything, which lowers the skill cap, alongside any oppurtunities to theory craft yourself into an advantage.

tl;dr - I don't mind a bit of math in my deck building

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Flynn View Post
    Because Max Health just isn't useful information ...until possibly now with this card.
    Max health did have a use before; you could only heal up to your max health, but you could health gain past it. It just wasn't worth showing both because there were so few ways of buffing health without an attachment and most allies were killed the same turn they took damage. This is the first card where you really needed to keep track of non-attachment buffs.
    Congratulations to Preybird for designing my Avatar!

In Game Handle: Warr Byrd

Contributions to the Game:
    Flavor text for Wild Berserker: The odds are always in my favor
    PFG3: To Be Released Soon™

Tournament Wins: None, I'm Timmy Johnny not Spike!

Shout out to Gondorian, nerull7, Nikola D, plo, Preybird, Super Grover, and Zhou86 for submitting potential avatars!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by igornvidal View Post
    Does the max health increase with things like Life Infusion or such? Or is it just temporary?
    Max health increases permanently whenever an entity "gains" health (by the same amount that is gained). When something "sets" health, like Life Infusion, max health is updated temporarily, for the duration of the effect. So when Life Infusion is cast on an ally with a hp/max hp of 1/1, it goes to 6/6. When Life Infusion leaves play, it goes back to 1/1 (assuming the ally hasn't been damaged).

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i agree with the OP but the reason why i agree with him is that the wording of bloodstained marauder is not original.
    IGN: BP Darkenheart

The Vengeful Ghost of Dark Helm's Past
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn