Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

The next 150 - after the spoilers.

Well. We actually have some real 'rough' drafts of cards to discuss. Some quick hit thought of mine...

The speculation that elemental damage and resistance would take on a larger role seems to be coming to life. Off the top of my head, leviathan, Paladin, furrion terror, mage ally, and shatter ice all point to this direction.

Attachments for priests are getting buffed, could there be a neutral card in the works that help protect attachments, could this make Surprise attack a reliable draw engine that also helps provide table advantage?

Warriors and mage look to be getting some good things. I hope the expantion doesn't turn out to be a rich getting richer situation.

I like the artful squire for Victor and Gywn. A card that could be used as an ally or weapon/armor/draw engine destructor. A nice addition.

Looks like an emphasis on traps is coming too with the revelation of Markus and Rolling Bolders (along with a wink-wink comment from iClipse a few months ago). Still, they are reactive, and help little to regain board control or draw, big issues for hunters. So I am 50/50 on those until I see the other new traps.

So what are your thought fellow hunters?
    IGN: E2E BallyWorld
    Common Hero: Victor, Serena, and Gwyn

Resident Sapper and Proud Member of E2E: Enlisted to Endure.

"For this son of mine was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found." Luke 15:24
    "This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus." Romans 3:22-24

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sabre201118 View Post
    Warriors and mage look to be getting some good things. I hope the expantion doesn't turn out to be a rich getting richer situation.
    So far I've seen no evidence of that.

The most interesting class ally that was spoiled was a mage ally.
    Scrupulous Ash Collector of the Blue Phoenix.
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix

Greatness, Reborn

Shadow Era Network - Shadow Era community hub.

Quote Originally Posted by BDK16 View Post
    You're the best Unruler!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Bhleg View Post
    No one know FS better than you, our King of FS.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think it is to early to see how any one particular class will build up, but it is building up to be a very good set!
    The bitterest truth is always better than the sweetest lie.
    If you are reading this, congratulations, you survived the end of the world.

In Game Name: PPUOD Pretty Pretty Unicorn Of Death

Member of Shadow Era Network, Shadow Era Community Hub,Join Today!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Natethegreat View Post
    I think it is to early to see how any one particular class will build up, but it is building up to be a very good set!
    It's better be good, I tell you.

It's better be good...

Greatness, Reborn

You're the best Unruler!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hunters will need another draw engine now that WotF has been nerfed by introduction of artful squire. We're still waiting on a hinted trap that's going to be answer to the practice of casting a cheap ally at a trap, so right now it's impossible to say are hunters going to become a class of traps. Hunters, especially human, really need a card that would steal 1 SE from the enemy as they are very dependant on their abilities.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Unruler View Post
    So far I've seen no evidence of that.

The most interesting class ally that was spoiled was a mage ally.
    Not trying to start something but that kindof agrees with my point. Berserker and Frosted Urigon seem to be the leaders in the clubhouse and are not unique. I like the rouge ally too, but she is unique so that limits her somewhat.

Quote Originally Posted by Natethegreat View Post
    On the other hand, I agree wholeheartedly with Nate that it is too early to make broad conclusions. These were just some initial thoughts and speculations.

Quote Originally Posted by morbius View Post
    Hunters will need another draw engine now that WotF has been nerfed by introduction of artful squire. We're still waiting on a hinted trap that's going to be answer to the practice of casting a cheap ally at a trap, so right now it's impossible to say are hunters going to become a class of traps. Hunters, especially human, really need a card that would steal 1 SE from the enemy as they are very dependant on their abilities.
    Agreed. I've always had the feeling that Warrior and Mage were the first two classes designed and therefore have the most fleshed out cardpools. My hope is that other classes get fleshed out more than those. Artful squire would fill one of human hunters big needs, but another area of concern is draw.

The new emphasis on traps is interesting and seems to be in parallel with improvement to priest attachments. But just introducing new traps/attachments doesn't make them strong viable alternatives for the myriad of reasons we could go into.
    Last edited by Ballyworld; 01-15-2013 at 06:33 PM.

"For this son of mine was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found." Luke 15:24
    "This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus." Romans 3:22-24

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Unruler View Post
    It's better be good, I tell you.

It's better be good...
    I agree. After all this time, if the expansion just repackages the original set and we get the same type/style of hero decks just with marginal twists, it could be trouble for the game.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I never winked!
    iClipse - A1's Twilight Manipulator - A1 : Evolution in Theory
    Part of PFG

• My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too.

• Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

• With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.

• I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not sure.

• A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you will look forward to the trip.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sabre201118 View Post
    I agree. After all this time, if the expansion just repackages the original set and we get the same type/style of hero decks just with marginal twists, it could be trouble for the game.
    Well there are new things, but they are yet to deliver.

I mean they said: "War has intensified". And so far what I've seen is a bunch of stall abilities and frost mage deck cards. Intense.

And I use intense here loosely.

Greatness, Reborn

You're the best Unruler!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    @unruler:

Where is that sarcasam font when you need it? Italics seems snooty, while 'air-quotes' falls short....