After having created and tested several decks I have found that I win more often by using decks that spend the early game buffing up for the late game. Because of the large amount of character life it is very difficult to win in under 7 or 8 turns. I recently built a priest deck with the intention of stalling out my opponent till they decked out and it worked fairly well. I've also been playing lone wolf Darkclaw and I have a very good win ratio with it.

I think with so many people playing mages it is easy to win if you can last until the late game. I have found that after the initial bombardment of spells most mage decks slow down a lot. This holds true for several other popular deck types such as the weapon focused deck using Gwenneth Truesight.

I think to many people are approaching this game by trying out how to win the fastest. There are certainly some decks that are very fast and powerful but they usually aren't very consistent. I think the focus of players should shift from a quick win to consistently winning.