Close

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Boris is an awsome deck but Zaladar is really hard to beat. If they dont steal your cards using Transference they Mind Control your good things.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TotallyImba View Post
    Boris is an awsome deck but Zaladar is really hard to beat. If they dont steal your cards using Transference they Mind Control your good things.
    zaladar is top tier, but not impossible to beat. once the mind control bug is fixed so you can attack them w/ aeon, zaladar won't be that scary (they steal 1-2 aeons, you still have 2-3 left ftw)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by arebelspy View Post
    zaladar is top tier, but not impossible to beat. once the mind control bug is fixed so you can attack them w/ aeon, zaladar won't be that scary (they steal 1-2 aeons, you still have 2-3 left ftw)
    What is this bug? I've not seen it while playing either Zaladar or Boris with Aeon or stealing him.
    Calmdown * Shadow Era Designer * Logan Stonebreaker & Brutal Minotaur Fan Club

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Calmdown if you mind control an aeon while valiant defender is down it creates a weird bug.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Also with war banner out and Aldon gets mind controlled he stays at 4 attacking damage.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Jovai View Post
    Calmdown if you mind control an aeon while valiant defender is down it creates a weird bug.
    Namely, the original owner cannot attack for the rest of the game.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    A...the Aeon keeps the can't be attacked status, but since this game engine removes statuses from individual cards, when valiant defender goes it's only removed from that players' own cards. That explains why war banner bonuses etc stay too.

Fairly simple logic change to fix all that.
    Calmdown * Shadow Era Designer * Logan Stonebreaker & Brutal Minotaur Fan Club

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Calmdown View Post
    Fairly simple logic change to fix all that.
    Yes, and makes your preference for Raven until then that much stronger.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Why someone would use aeon vs zaladar anyway? When i draw those guys I insta recourse them lol.... Not even to have it in hand! Lol....

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'm with Calmdown on the relative merits of Raven versus Aeon. Pound for pound, she's a better, more versatile card than Aeon. IMO the only time Aeon beats a Raven is if your deck relies on have multiple allies out that you NEED to protect for a few turns.

But even in such cases, too many decks can kill an Aeon outright in just one turn, so he's only saving your other allies for one turn when that happens.

Raven, on the other hand, shines in the same situation where you might normally reach for an Aeon. Why? Because your opponent might be focused on the higher damage of some of your other cards and deem them a higher threat. Even if they recognize that Raven poses the largest threat, if they attempt to kill her with allies because their hero doesn't have the ability to contribute to her kill in a "safe" manner, then you're going to cripple at least one of their allies.

Only a Plasma Behemoth can kill Raven outright, and only if he has the 3 resources to bolt her first. Any other two allies that gang up to take her out, one of them will be crippled to 0 attack in the process, so it's as good as killed by her. Even an elemental deck with Life Infusioned allies cannot attack her safely. When I play Zaladar versus a human deck and I know they've got a Raven waiting to spring on me, you can bet I'm holding a Life Infusion and a Mind Control just for when she comes out. In every game as Zaladar where I've snagged a Raven, it's always clearly game over for the other guy at that point.

Bottom line is that Aeon is primarily a damage soak, but Raven can completely neuter multiple opposing allies. She's just more versatile.
    Last edited by shannong; 03-30-2011 at 02:13 PM.