Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Angry Millstalker "Burn" Deck - do you think it"s evil?

My take on the "Millstalker" - It's a Moonstalker for you new folk.

Hero:
    Moonstalker

Allies: (14)
    Plasma Behemoth x4
    Death Mage Thaddeus x3
    Shadow Knight x4
    Ogloth the Glutton x3

Abilities: (26)
    What Big Teeth x3
    Regeneration x3
    Full Moon x3
    Shadow Font x4
    Rain Delay x4
    Bazaar x3
    Bad Santa x3
    Crescendo x3

Alt Version:
    -3 Ogloth the Glutton
    +3 Ley Line Nexus

Okay so I on my turns that I use my heroes ability I both attack and throw fireballs sometimes amping my creatures with Full Moon. If Rain Delay is active then I just throw fireballs.

Regeneration I normally just use to cure DoT stuff, poison or fire.

I generally use a Shadow Knight to save a Plasma Behemoth or my final Death Mage Thaddeus, unless a Shadow Knight it the top ally in my graveyard and I have one in hand. I try not to have more than one on field because they are useless pinned down - Crippling Blow, Captured Prey. But with this few allies I have to be careful with them. I normally have only two Plasma Behemoths out at a time because of the cost in ability.

Okay with Ogloth the Glutton I only bring him out on a turn that Crescendo is gonna pop. Never before. Often making OTG a very scary monster in one turn.

The reason for What Big Teeth is mostly to destroy Armour and take the durability of weapons down. Spellcaster Bands are really horrible to deal with, Snow Sapphire also drives me nuts (unless I'm using it).

The alt version uses the same strategy without the instant scary OTG but better weapon/armor destruction.

As with any Millstalker people might hate on you ... or a lot of times when they see a Moonstalker instantly quit.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    ?
    No Now You're Mine and/or Capture Prey?
    I can get the lack of Evil Ascendant, but how are you supposed to control the board early?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    They only stall single allies, I can take a few hits charge my ability and rely on that as they get their army out ... no need to protect anything till I have an ally out - unless it's a portal mage deck. But the idea is to prevent large amounts of damage while doing large amounts in the long run - how much damage do you take in the first 3-4 turns. Nothing to waste a card on in defense ... sorry if I didn't make that part clear. It's okay even to let them kill a DMT on t4 provided they haven't built a swarm. Does that help clarify?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I don't see this as a mill deck. I've always thought mill is supposed to kill by emptying the opposing deck.

It seems like the semi-allyless MS that only used 4x SK and 4x PB and was decently popular a while ago. It can work but I have my doubts. You can actually just fall over if your opponent gets an aggressive hand, especially if they play a Mage.

You only have 3x Bazaar so if your opponent kills one early, you might lose the game there and then. They can also stall your PB out a bit while building a board because you have no Evil Ascendant and then just wait until you play a Rain Delay and then demolish your face. If you can deal with those effectively, I think the deck could do something.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It does that too ... sorta double philosophy (but it's burn first mill second) ... you end up with a ton of cards in hand ... only using them sparingly 2 PB 1 DMT 1 Bazaar out. Saving up on your ability and the RD until you need it. The typical mill deck loses to a well made burn deck always. This still loses to a Nish deck. But that is the weakness of any mill. At least you have a chance against most burn decks. I'm playing an Eldawin right now and she's got 5 health and I have 1. lol, I should have used my ability Kris got me...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It mills against hunters and warriors ... mostly against hunters because of into the forest. And against another mill I'm not gonna wait. That would be a half hour match.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Without Evil Ascendant it's not going to mill anything.

You still have the same problems of being reliant on Bazaar. Also, at some point, if you haven't won yet, you need to stall for a lot of turns in a row because your opponent has a swarm of allies you can't kill. You can't use a Rain Delay because it might get killed/bounced (Focused Prayer, Shriek, Shrine) and if that happens, you die.

Basically the same weaknesses as solo MS but that deck can deal with them a bit metter (4 Bazaars, 4 Evil Ascendant and more heal).

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    It's evil to the person who plays this deck.
    Scrupulous Ash Collector of the Blue Phoenix.
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix

Greatness, Reborn

Shadow Era Network - Shadow Era community hub.

Quote Originally Posted by BDK16 View Post
    You're the best Unruler!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Bhleg View Post
    No one know FS better than you, our King of FS.