Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Auction house

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Exclamation Auction house

Dose anyone any info about auction house and when it will be in the game

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    GDC said its still happening. But I don't believe he said when.
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It must come this year! If it doesn't, then I will turn into Hulk and destroy the Wulven office, srsly...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Aegir View Post
    It must come this year! If it doesn't, then I will turn into Hulk and destroy the Wulven office, srsly...
    Cool story, bro. I'll turn into Sub-Zero and help u out on ur quest.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    You guys must be new... Everyone knows if your gonna threaten you threaten with FS
    For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Twitter: @N3rd4Christ | Skype: N3rd4Christ
    >>>>> My Trade Thread <<<<<

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Demnchi View Post
    GDC said its still happening. But I don't believe he said when.
    Soooooooooon.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    Soooooooooon.
    Gooooooooood.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks everyone for helping and I look forward to seeing hulk and subzero if your lucky I might turn into Steve

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    What I forgot to repeat here was how it's going to work.

It won't actually be like an auction house, but the stock market.

You decide how much you are willing to sell one of your cards for (your Sell Price) and/or how much you are willing to buy a card for (your Buy Price). When your Sell Price of your card matches someone's Buy Price (or vice versa) then a transaction happens.

Having done person to person trading in online games in the past, I can tell you that it takes up a lot of time and is a total pain. I can recall many wasted hours, perusing someone's collection, with them wanting some stuff from me and them having not much in return, where I end up taking any stuff just to get some value from the time already wasted. There was no ingame currency, just cards for cards. That sucked badly!

This system is soooo much better. If you are really desperate for a card, you can just keep pushing your Buy Price up until you get it from someone who has it for sale. If you are really desperate for some gold, you can lower the Sell Price of your cards until it matches what someone out there is offering. It's like it magically sets you up with exactly the right person to do the trade with you, and you don't even need to be online at the same time.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    What I forgot to repeat here was how it's going to work.

It won't actually be like an auction house, but the stock market.

You decide how much you are willing to sell one of your cards for (your Sell Price) and/or how much you are willing to buy a card for (your Buy Price). When your Sell Price of your card matches someone's Buy Price (or vice versa) then a transaction happens.

Having done person to person trading in online games in the past, I can tell you that it takes up a lot of time and is a total pain. I can recall many wasted hours, perusing someone's collection, with them wanting some stuff from me and them having not much in return, where I end up taking any stuff just to get some value from the time already wasted. There was no ingame currency, just cards for cards. That sucked badly!

This system is soooo much better. If you are really desperate for a card, you can just keep pushing your Buy Price up until you get it from someone who has it for sale. If you are really desperate for some gold, you can lower the Sell Price of your cards until it matches what someone out there is offering. It's like it magically sets you up with exactly the right person to do the trade with you, and you don't even need to be online at the same time.
    When I used to play Runescape back in the day they had a system extremely similar to this called the Grand Exchange.

Only thing I'm worried about that happened on the grand exchange is "merchanting". Groups of people, or just one depending on how wealthy they are, buyout a single item until there is none left for let's say 500gold each. When they buyout all the supply, the demand is so high people are willing to pay a lot more for it, so they sell it for 1k+ each..making a lot of profit.

Would this be a problem sometime down the road? I feel this would hurt newer players badly... There just starting so they don't have a lot of gold to begin with. Idk just a thought. I've seen it on runescape a lot... And I've done it before tbh.
    A1 Vitality
    A1's Assassin