Thread: Living catapult

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Living catapult

Living Catapult
    4cc Unique Shadow Ally Rare
    2 attack power 4 defense
    Special ability 0cc
    Target friendly ally that can be killed is killed and target player takes damage equal to ally's attack power.

I am not great with art, but I was thinking some variation on the WH40k Skull Catapult type deal the orks use.

I am also not 100% on the rarity, but I think it fits into the power category by allowing a direct damage ability at the cost of attackers. I was thinking it would pair nicely with elemetalis as well as being usable as a finishing blow by casting an attack buff, attacking, and then throwing the ally at the enemy for finisher damage.
    Last edited by barbzilla; 01-05-2013 at 04:21 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Interesting idea, but quite OP in my opinion. Unless you meant for the effect to say "Target Friendly ally that can be killed is killed, and target opponent takes damage equal to the killed ally's attack", but in that case, why wouldn't you just attack with the ally you killed to use this effect? This would only give you an advantage if your opponent had an armor on.

Allowing it to target opponent's allies to kill would just be too powerful. As it is now, it's basically a Mind Control in ally form that costs 1 cc less than MC to begin with, but could also conceivably be used every turn for no resources, plus it can attack after that. As I said, it would be more balanced if you could only use your own allies to "catapult". Then it would also work better in that Elementalis situation you mentioned.
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."
    Account for any future SC transfers by Gondorian: BP tman507

Member of PFG3
    Master of Hand-to-hand Combat
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Official Shadow Era Wiki Moderator

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think it would be an ok ally if it could only target friendly allies, but make the damage able to target an opposing hero or ally. It's would be sort of like a less powerful portal built into an ally
    I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.
    Enlightened Technological Creature
    A Proud Member of ETC
    My 10 step guide to deck building
    My published 1.6 decks

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    It's slightly OP

For starters 0/4

Maybe damage equal to 1/2 the attack rounded down
    For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Twitter: @N3rd4Christ | Skype: N3rd4Christ
    >>>>> My Trade Thread <<<<<

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by N3rd4Christ View Post
    It's slightly OP

For starters 0/4

Also maybe "non exhausted ally"
    For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think he meant for it to only target your allies, it would be ridiculously overpowered as a reusable direct damage MC.

Personally I like the idea of flinging an ally after it has been exhausted, though to fit the flavor maybe you should limit it at a set amount of damage. Maybe 3? I know that removes the synergy with attack buffs but I think a portal into buffed SK/MD/BM that can then be tossed for the same damage would be a little ridiculous. Even without the portal all you would need to do is keep both the catapult and fatty alive one turn.
    Last edited by Drizz'l; 01-05-2013 at 12:02 AM.
    Account for Gondorian to put SC into: Ronin Drizl

IGN: Ronin Drizl

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Drizz'l View Post
    I think he meant for it to only target your allies, it would be ridiculously overpowered as a reusable direct damage MC.

Personally I like the idea of flinging an ally after it has been exhausted, though to fit the flavor maybe you should limit it at a set amount of damage. Maybe 3? I know that removes the synergy with attack buffs but I think a portal into buffed SK/MD/BM that can then be tossed for the same damage would be a little ridiculous. Even without the portal all you would need to do is keep both the catapult and fatty alive one turn.
    No I understand that part. Sac your own allies makes sense. Otherwise way OP

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by tman507 View Post
    Interesting idea, but quite OP in my opinion. Unless you meant for the effect to say "Target Friendly ally that can be killed is killed, and target opponent takes damage equal to the killed ally's attack", but in that case, why wouldn't you just attack with the ally you killed to use this effect? This would only give you an advantage if your opponent had an armor on.

Allowing it to target opponent's allies to kill would just be too powerful. As it is now, it's basically a Mind Control in ally form that costs 1 cc less than MC to begin with, but could also conceivably be used every turn for no resources, plus it can attack after that. As I said, it would be more balanced if you could only use your own allies to "catapult". Then it would also work better in that Elementalis situation you mentioned.
    Oops, yes target friendly ally. My bad, I had to reword it from magic terminology. I was originally going to write sacrifice a creature. I'll edit the main post to reflect that.
    Barbzilla the Hugemongus

Progeny of the Arcane
    Greatness, Reborn

IGN= Ludovic Nostaro

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by N3rd4Christ View Post
    It's slightly OP

For starters 0/4

It isn't too bad, considering for the most part you have the casting cost of the creature to hold you back from wanting to use it too often. However it would be a card that would allow shards to be useful again. Right now shards is pretty well shunned in competitive play, and that is too bad as I love the idea of that card.

Perhaps he should be a unique ally though, to prevent mass chunkings.
    Barbzilla the Hugemongus

Progeny of the Arcane
    Greatness, Reborn

IGN= Ludovic Nostaro

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by barbzilla View Post
    Perhaps he should be a unique ally though, to prevent mass chunkings.
    lol, "I catapult my catapult at you"
    Account for Gondorian to put SC into: Ronin Drizl

IGN: Ronin Drizl