Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Question Why

Why are card sleeves so expensive its more than twice the cost of 15 cards what's that all about and it's only makes cards look better

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You don't HAVE to buy them -_- Some people like myself like them and have the extra crystals to spend
    A1 Vitality
    A1's Assassin

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Vitality View Post
    You don't HAVE to buy them -_- Some people like myself like them and have the extra crystals to spend
    I know you don't have to but the look cool but are so expensive in comparison with a booster pack

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    They are completely optional and cosmetic. I was a bit taken back by it too, but then I remember how much I pay for a skin on League of Legends and got over it. Beyond that, I'd rather the cosmetic and optional stuff be more expensive then the desirable stuff like cards.

As for exactly why, Shadow Era is a free to play game which means that everything that effects gameplay can be obtained via the in game cash. Wulven needs some medium to gains some extra revenue, especially among its most dedicated customers and players who literally have everything at this point. Cosmetic items usually do very well in free to play games and I can see the appeal in making them slightly more expensive than cards. I mean, they really are only $2-$3 and you can pick out the ones you want, not the ones you need (like cards).
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Demnchi View Post
    They are completely optional and cosmetic. I was a bit taken back by it too, but then I remember how much I pay for a skin on League of Legends and got over it. Beyond that, I'd rather the cosmetic and optional stuff be more expensive then the desirable stuff like cards.

As for exactly why, Shadow Era is a free to play game which means that everything that effects gameplay can be obtained via the in game cash. Wulven needs some medium to gains some extra revenue, especially among its most dedicated customers and players who literally have everything at this point. Cosmetic items usually do very well in free to play games and I can see the appeal in making them slightly more expensive than cards. I mean, they really are only $2-$3 and you can pick out the ones you want, not the ones you need (like cards).
    Fair enough I can see your point but it just shocked me a bit

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yeah, it does seem like a gold-sink/moneymaker for Wulven, doesn't it? And some sleeves are even MORE expensive! Check out Aeon, Angel, or even Fire Snake! The way I look at it, they've done some good bug-fixing lately, and I want to be supportive though I already have most of the cards.

So, I bought two different card-sleeves and bought a couple of boosters. I was due a couple of foils, and I got Bad Santa and Old Iron Dagger. I doubt they will intimidate my opponents, but they do advertise my support.

I just wish they'd get the new stuff out!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkinface1997 View Post
    Fair enough I can see your point but it just shocked me a bit
    I thought they were kinda cheap myself. Compared to cosmetic things in other games like Demnchi said.
    A1 Vitality
    A1's Assassin

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by a player View Post
    And some sleeves are even MORE expensive! Check out Aeon, Angel, or even Fire Snake!
    Fire Snake is expensive because it's so OP, clearly.

Seriously though, cosmetics are a much better way of monetizing a F2P game like this than selling an actual in-game advantage, as it fosters a larger playerbase and makes it fairer to new players, so it's great that Wulven has started to look in that direction. It being a card game does make it a bit tricky, but I guess there could more ways of doing this, such as selling alternate art/cards for the heroes, I'm sure some people would love that, similar to how alternate avatars are sold in games like League of Legends.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    it's not that expensive. I spent way more money on league of legend champion skins
    KA M Stevevai

IGN:
    KA M Stevevai
    KA Keroro

My articles:
    V1.5 Amber deck
    V1.5 Majiya deck
    V1.5 Gravebone deck

KA is a top chinese guild join our QQ group 134628232 if you are chinese or you can read chinese !

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I agree with u;however, we need to know why shadow era is free.
    Its not big point coz people don't have to buy them.

I think they buy it for making cards look better and help to improve shadow era's management.