Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lance Strategy?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I appreciate all the advice. Thanks everyone. However, the match-ups against Zaladar and Moonstalker mentioned in my opening post seem be unique to the matches I encountered later.

I lost to two Moonstalkers because I had run out of cards. Rain Delays, Full Moons, Moonstalker's ability, and 50+ card decks had delayed me from really doing anything until my Lance killed himself. Against Zaladar, the combination of Energy Discharges, Soul Reapers, and Eternal Renewals threw me off guard. Since then, I have made a few minor adjustments to my deck and now I can hold my own, if I get the proper draw.

However, my deck is far from tournament efficient. What would you all recommend I change to create a decent tournament deck that also does well in QMs.

Hero
    Lance Shadowstalker

Allies
    3x Jasmine Rosecult
    3x Puwen Bloodhelm
    3x Raven Wildheart
    3x Birgitte Skullborn
    3x Aldon the Brave
    2x Aeon Stormcaller
    3x Nightshade

Abilities
    3x Assassination
    4x Stop Thief
    3x Retreat

Artifacts
    4x Ill-Gotten Gains

Hero Armor/Weapons
    2x Spelleater Bands
    4x Anklebreaker

Total Card Count: 41
    Last edited by Shinkiii; 01-10-2013 at 01:25 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaïr, Back in Black View Post
    I know that I'm not an expert, but I find that Spelleater really helps to stamp on those mages...how about you rate my deck? It IS over the 4 card by 1, but...

1x Lance

4x Jasmine Rosecult
    4x Nightshade
    3x PoTL
    3x Raven Wildheart
    3x Aldon the Brave
    3x Sandworm
    3x Aeon

3x Assassination
    4x Stop Thief
    4x Ill Gotten Gains

4x Anklebreaker
    2x Spelleater Bands

hope this helped...
    This is almost what I've been using. -3 SW +2 TO

It works fairly well in qm. Still has some bad match ups tho.

Immortal Warrior of Solamnia
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Wow how'd you get so many expensive cards if you only started 5 days ago...
    IGN: charliemeng - in the account creation i thought this was for my username, lol

I'm A Super Freak!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by charlie-meng View Post
    They are not that expensive. Only x4 Anklebreakers and a couple of fatties, most of the other cards you can get from Starter Decks.
    Founder and formal leader of the guild Guardians of Shadow Era

Gift to the Shadow Era community
    scholarsoftheshadows.com

I serve the community anyway I can
    Want Deck Help or Advice l Want a Website for your Guild l Want Tips on Starting your own Guild
    Contact me for any of the above by PMing me on these forums

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by charlie-meng View Post
    They are not that expensive really, but this lineup of cards does pale in comparison to what I have total. As for how I acquired them, I can only say that Quick Matches and NPC grinding has helped me immensely.

It now has been over a week and a half since I started Shadow Era, and nearing level 20 with a 220 Quick Match rating has produced decent results towards furthering my collection.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinkiii View Post
    I appreciate all the advice. Thanks everyone. However, the match-ups against Zaladar and Moonstalker mentioned in my opening post seem be unique to the matches I encountered later.

I lost to two Moonstalkers because I had run out of cards. Rain Delays, Full Moons, Moonstalker's ability, and 50+ card decks had delayed me from really doing anything until my Lance killed himself. Against Zaladar, the combination of Energy Discharges, Soul Reapers, and Eternal Renewals threw me off guard. Since then, I have made a few minor adjustments to my deck and now I can hold my own, if I get the proper draw.

However, my deck is far from tournament efficient. What would you all recommend I change to create a decent tournament deck that also does well in QMs.

Hero
    Lance Shadowstalker

Allies
    3x Jasmine Rosecult
    3x Puwen Bloodhelm
    3x Raven Wildheart
    3x Birgitte Skullborn
    3x Aldon the Brave
    2x Aeon Stormcaller
    3x Nightshade

Abilities
    3x Assassination
    4x Stop Thief
    3x Retreat

Artifacts
    4x Ill-Gotten Gains

Hero Armor/Weapons
    2x Spelleater Bands
    4x Anklebreaker

Total Card Count: 41
    one thing you need to accept for Lance is that Zaladar and MS will always be a bad match up. Zaladar just completely shits on Lance with MC and burn ability. to defeat Zaladar, you will have to tech exclusively for Zaladar, which will leave your deck losing to all the other heroes you easily beat. for MS, you need to carry retreats instead of assassination. i also advise to remove the puwens and replace them with PotLs. helps a lot in sooooo many of your bad matchups. i have x4 PotL in my deck.

here's my deck that's a compromise so you can at least somehow deal with Zaladar and MS

Lance

x3 Jasmine
    x2 Birgitte
    x3 Raven
    x2 Aldon
    x4 PotL
    x2 TO
    x2 Aeon
    x3 Assassinate
    x4 Stop Thief
    x4 IGG
    x3 Shade
    x3 Spelleater
    x4 Anklebreaker

you can remove 1x AB and add 1 more Birgitte if you like. 3 spelleaters is a must, since most decks carry only 2 LLNs. and bad luck can be so bad all of them can be buried so far down. i'll assume you'll know why Birgitte is good against Zaladar. as for Moonstalker, just conserve your assassinate (or return) and just use it when MS hides. and only use it for the most dangerous fatties! PotLs will allow you to stop spam hide, delay Zaladar's ability, delay Majiya's ability, delay so many abilities that would otherwise annoy you. and it helps you survive until you can set up. 1 life gain may seem small to you but Lance specializes in great comebacks with you sporting just 1hp left most of the time.
    Want to Join A1?

A1: Evolution in Theory. To stop evolving is to die.

It is one of my greatest hopes that in the future, mankind achieves enlightenment so high we would not need rules, laws, or government to keep the peace and govern ourselves. By our own motivation and volition, we would do what is right and just because it is right and just. This is the central tenet of anarchy. Not chaos and lawlessness, but free will and self-actualization.

Visit my blog: Potpourri