Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Don't judge the AI its still completely bugged and weak and i don't think that its a priority to be fixed. But maybe an automatch could be developed somehow soon cause balance testing the cards is so much better against someone who can actually think.
    Actually i don't even know if balancing the cards is the focus in this beta stage anyway or maybe it will be focused in a later stage but matchmaking would be awesome as soon as possible

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Allies cannot attack if they have Poison Gas or Engulfing Flames on them. Probably needs fixing.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    BUG

Put Engulfing Fire on Jasmine Rosecult. If she is then subsquently attacked by a Fire Snake or Brutalis (who only do one damage and rarely kill in one blow), she will not counter-attack them as she is supposed to.

I did this multiple times with consistant results.

The ongoing damage from Engulfing Fire seems to cause the AI to forget to take it's counter-attack, even when the card has enough health remaining to allow it to counter-attack.

This may be more wide-spread. I have not tried this trick with different ally and with Poison Gas. I'm going to play a few more games to test that out.
    Follow along with my Shadow Era Blog, where hopefully we'll be going through the Beta-Test together! Comments and observations welcome!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    FOLLOW UP TO PREVIOUS BUG

Yes, I got consistant results.

I put Poison Gas on Puwen Bloodhelm. I then attacked with with both Fire Snake and Brutalis (whose 1 point of damage would not kill Puwen outright), and he would not counter-attack.. just as I noted with Jasmine Rosecult with Engulfing Fire.

Ongoing damage seems to cause the AI to forget to Counter-Attack.

I imagine the typical strategy is to always apply these ongoing damages directly to the opponent hero (which doesn't normally counter-attack anyway), so no one has noticed this yet.
    Follow along with my Shadow Era Blog, where hopefully we'll be going through the Beta-Test together! Comments and observations welcome!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'm really enjoying the game, and and am looking forward to seeing how it fleshes out. I haven't notice any bugs beyond those already mentioned, but the Unity web plugin sometimes makes Firefox lag badly when I have more then a few tabs open (Firefox 3.6.8 on Win7 x64). It's definitely been easier playing as Majiya as opposed to Nishaven (lost a couple of matches as Nishaven while I was still working the system out), which seems to be down to some of the lower cost cards she has available.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Since the A.I. is not functioning I suppose both of my comments regarding the game I just played are probably moot...but...

1) A.I. not targeting appropriate creature with the Freeze spell. Targeted a weaker, nearly dead ally.
    2) Player Clinging Web on the same unit that was already frozen.

I think the dev said that the A.I. plays abilities on random enemies, so I suppose the result makes sense.

Enjoyable so far, but it desparately needs a functional A.I. or matching system to advise if the game is actually fun and balanced. The mechanics seem fine.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Fun but she really seems overpowered! When playing as the regular Mage it was pretty easy to defeat the shadow mage, but as the Shadow Mage it is extremely easy to win! Anyone notice this?
    -Notthevictim

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    When is 1.4 going up?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by whitey View Post
    When is 1.4 going up?
    Yes seriously can we get an estimate? The suspense is killing me

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    found a bug.
    you choose to attack with an ally. then, you will see the target selection screen. then, instead of choosing a target, click the "move camera" button thingy twice, then choose your target. this mess up the visuals for the combat scene.