Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Beta 1.03 Feedback

Don't know about anything else but i the deck hasn't changed for me Will test the rest when it happens

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I played two quick games when I saw the new version was out, and I noticed a few things:

*You can't use the power of your hero if it has Engulfing Flames or Poison Gas on it (I know this was also true in the previous version). Is this intended?

*For some reason, the game kept going even though I reduced the opposing Mage's health to well below 0. This only happened the first game. Prior to me winning, I had played the card Bad Santa. Dunno if there's any connection there, but...

*The AI needs to take powers/abilities (i.e. Stoneskin) into account when choosing targets. I had two Infernal Gargoyles, one with 2 health and one with 3 health. The opposing Mage used Lightning Strike to target my hero and my gargoyle with 3 health.

*Related to the previous point, the AI also needs to take stats into account. Right now it seems like it just throws everything at the first ally you played. Example: I had Brutalis and Bad Wolf in play. The opposing Mage played Clinging Webs on my Brutalis, when playing it on Bad Wolf was obviously a better play.

*The new Human Allies are a nice addition to the Human Faction's early game. So much that they outclass Fire Snake and Brutalis by far.

*Here be Monsters is way, way too powerful.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice View Post
    I played two quick games when I saw the new version was out, and I noticed a few things:

*You can't use the power of your hero if it has Engulfing Flames or Poison Gas on it (I know this was also true in the previous version). Is this intended?
    That's a bug! I did a quick fix, so refresh and it should work

*For some reason, the game kept going even though I reduced the opposing Mage's health to well below 0. This only happened the first game. Prior to me winning, I had played the card Bad Santa. Dunno if there's any connection there, but...
    I haven't come across this yet, but I will do more testing for the next version

*The AI needs to take powers/abilities (i.e. Stoneskin) into account when choosing targets. I had two Infernal Gargoyles, one with 2 health and one with 3 health. The opposing Mage used Lightning Strike to target my hero and my gargoyle with 3 health.

*Related to the previous point, the AI also needs to take stats into account. Right now it seems like it just throws everything at the first ally you played. Example: I had Brutalis and Bad Wolf in play. The opposing Mage played Clinging Webs on my Brutalis, when playing it on Bad Wolf was obviously a better play.
    You're right, the AI is pretty much a random choice right now

*The new Human Allies are a nice addition to the Human Faction's early game. So much that they outclass Fire Snake and Brutalis by far.
    *Here Be Monsters is way, way too powerful.
    That may be true. I am working on standardizing the resource costs and stats.
    "Here be Monsters" costs 3, while Sandra Trueblade costs 4 and does the same thing plus you get a decent ally...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Played a couple more games. Allies cannot use their abilites after you have declared an attack with them.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    My feedback for beta version 1.03. I won't be playing 1.03 much unless I can figure out why its crashing my display driver. I am putting my feedback in this thread so as not to clutter up the board.

COMMENTS/SUGGESTIONS:

- Will there be a dice roll or some other mechanism to determine who goes first in a head-to-head game?

- Here Be Monsters. I posted this in the card discussion thread but feel its worth mentioning again. My suggestion is to create a double-edged sword with this card. Reduce the casting cost to 2, but require that you sacrifice 2 allies or 5 hero life in addition to destroying an enemy resource.

- I still occasionally sacrifice a card I meant to play, then click done ending my turn without doing anything. There have already been plenty of suggestions on what to do about this.

AI IMPROVEMENTS:

- AI cast clinging Web on my Fire Snake instead of one of the other two better allies I had out in play. (NOTE: Fire Snake was the first ally I had played. Saw this mentioned in another feedback post that this might be part of a bug)

- AI cast Clinging Web and Freeze on the same ally even though I had 3-4 allies in play.

BUGS:

- I won't repeat bugs I've already reported since I assume you have a bug tracker of some sort you use.

TECHNICAL:

- Version 1.03 is causing my display driver to crash every couple minutes. This happened in 1.01 but not 1.02 and is doing it again in 1.03 now. The screen flashes first, then the warning box pops up in the system tray that the display driver crashed and recovered but game doesn't reset.

Gateway P-7811 FX laptop
    GeForce 9800 GTS (Nvidia driver 186.52)
    Windows 7 64bit
    Firefox 3.6.8

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I noticed the game continuing even after I'd defeated the enemies as well. This happened to me once with 1.01 (out of about 10+ games), and happened not at all in 1.02 (with well over 20 games). With 1.03 and 7 games so far it's happened twice although it does seem to be random. I noticed no relationship to cards I or the enemy played either time. Here's an example:

In my last game I defeated the enemy while still having 23 points on my hero. I destroyed the AI. But the game kept going. I even ended up having engulfing flames and poison breath on the enemy as well as five ally cards whacking him each turn by the time he'd reduced me to 17 points by casting poison breath on me. Game kept going until his poison breath had taken me down to zero with me hammering him each turn. That was the most extreme example.

Other than that, the only thing I've noticed is that while playing the humans most of my games were very close. Playing the Shadows with 1.03 all of my games so far have been overwhelming victories. The lowest the AI has gotten my hero so far before I've defeated him has been 13 points.

Again, great game. It's really shaping up. I can't wait to see what's coming!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    A quick question. Is the AI set to sacrifice 5 cards only ? I have used 2 Let there be monsters and it stayed with 3 resource for the whole game.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamondius View Post
    A quick question. Is the AI set to sacrifice 5 cards only ? I have used 2 Let there be monsters and it stayed with 3 resource for the whole game.
    I can with certainty say that this is not the case. I played a game just a minute ago where I also used two Here Be Monsters, and the AI placed resources so that it had 5 by the time the game ended.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The AI won't sacrifice cards if its hand falls below a certain #

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    When there is only 1 enemy to attack i.e the enemy hero you shouldnt need to select it as the attack target, way to much clicking!