Yes but it gives u a failsafe if u change ur mind and want to cancel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    you already have to select an ally then attack no failsafe needed

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by whitey View Post
    you already have to select an ally then attack no failsafe needed
    Take Plasma Behemoth for example. It can't use its ability after attacking. If you accidentally click on "Attack", you don't get to use its ability.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I see your point but just think it would speed things up, in a good way.
    Last edited by whitey; 08-05-2010 at 12:33 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Two bugs:
    - I played Bad Wolf and then finished my turn. Then when my turn came around again Bad Wolf disappeared. Then farther in the game he came back.
    - I did not sacrifice on my turn. Then when I was on my action turn I wanted to cast Clinging Web but it wouldn't let me cast it. I had six resources still that I didn't use.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    (1) Honestly, I think hero abilities should be overpowered but should be only once per game abilities.

(2) Also, I'm having a little trouble getting my head around the fact that all attacking creatures effectively have "first strike" (attacking creature deals damage before defending creature and not simultaneously). While this is neat and unique, I'm trying to figure out if it gives the starting player too much of an advantage... Cēterīs paribus, the starting player would always beat the other player simply due to this game mechanic: that all attacking creatures have "first strike".

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Here are some of my suggestions and things I ran into while playing version 1.03.

1. Supernova - When cast, I think the default view should be the middle one showing both heroes so both damage indicators can be seen.

2. I would like to see a scroll bar included for manual screen view adjustment.

3. More damage sound effects would be nice to hear. Such as a sword clank when the default sword animation hits the card. Or whatever sound associates best with the type of attack you're casting.

4. For game speed, I would like to see the enemy hero select the target faster. It seems as though it take a little to long to make their selection.

5. I was able to select the hero as a target twice in a row for the Lightning card seeing how there were no other allies in play at the time. I don't think that I should have been able to do that.

6. While in the sacrifice phase, I didn't select a card or hit done, instead I selected the zoom button to see their cards in play. After doing so, I was unable to get back to the zoomed in view of my hand to make a selection of the card I wanted to sacrifice. It was a little hard to read the card cost if not zoomed in, so it would be nice to be able to get back to the the previous view when you could first sacrifice a card.

7. I would like to hear a draw and cast card sound effect.

8. Fireball / Resource Destroyed sound I think should be louder, very hard to hear.

9. I would like to see damage indication for single attacks to multiple targets happen at the same time and any allies that get killed, above one, leave the board at the same time. This would give a better sense of destruction with the more powerful spells.

10. In one round I saw the A.I. casts a supernova card when he only had 2 hero life left and I had over 5 life left. Not very bright. Instant victory for me
    Last edited by Sagatron; 08-05-2010 at 07:54 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sagatron View Post
    Here are some of my suggestions and things I ran into while playing version 1.03.

2. I would like to see a scroll bar included for manual screen view adjustment.

5. I was able to select the hero as a target twice in a row for the Lightning card seeing how there were no other allies in play at the time. I don't think that I should have been able to do that.
    2. I think a manual scrollbar would be a bit clumsy (especially taking in mind that this will be ported to multiple formats), and it could also behave a bit buggy. I actually really liked the various camera views as the game is presently set up. However, maybe there could be a status bar that indicates all the relevant numerical data (cards in hand, cards in opponent hand, number of allies, number of opponent allies, cards in deck and in opponent deck, etc.).

5. This is what the card is supposed to do (you can do 6 damage to one target or 3 damage each to two targets).

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Just a side note. I have been playing 1.01 and 1.02, but 1.03 is the first time I have had a chance to post (more time on the weekend).

1.) The game is fun, but not particularly challenging. I played 8 games in a row (1.03) and never once even came close to losing, and I don't consider myself great at TCG's to beging with.

2.) It's very easy to shut your opponent out of resources. Although this might be due to limited cards being available.

3.) If you can quickly get around an 8 point health difference between your hero and the enemy hero, the game is over. It's easy to keep whittling the AI down, so that even if your health is dropping- you still win. That suggests that the game is entirely predetermined within the first 4-5 rounds. Whoever develops an advantage in that time will win the game, even if it's in slow motion.
    Follow along with my Shadow Era Blog, where hopefully we'll be going through the Beta-Test together! Comments and observations welcome!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think I have to agree, the game does seem a little too easy. I still haven't lost. I really like the changes with more allies in 1.03. Though I had the hero that was draw 1 card for the power and I found myself just sacrificing enough that I could do this every turn and it became a little overpowered. Maybe there is some limitation that needs to be set on powers. Like only for use when some sort of attack meter has filled. I really don't like the idea of once a game. So far I haven't gotten bugs, at least paid close enough attention that I noticed them.